Poll: Dualwield or 2h?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Weapon questions for tanks

As brewmaster monks, do you dualwield or use a 2h-er?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

it is really up to you. the difference isn't that big and you shouldn't really notice a change. I would say just always go with the higher ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with higher iLevel but given equal choice I prefer DW, feel the EB stack generation is a lot cleaner. I have 2x Claws and Goa-Rei so played with both. Only disadvantage is you have to VP upgrade 2 items instead of one, but this is going away in 5.2 weapons until they put upgrade vendors back in.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

DW because my setup has better stat allocation compared to similar ilvl 2-handers, and I have never seen the sha-touched staff off of Tsulong drop, whilst I do own a Claw of Shek'zeer. Not really because its noticeably superior in principle... just because of the circumstances of my RNG and the available loot in this tier.

I personally prefer to use a staff, but dual weilding is nicer for brew stacks. My RNG has also only allowed me to have only fists weapons drop from me heroic and normal raids, but I may be fortunate next patch to staff once more.

Deleted
    I prefer dual-wielding, though the only fight I feel it makes a significant difference is Sha. The legendary questline rewards are something to consider, though. Dual-wielding allows you to use 2 Eye of the Black Prince. It also potentially allows you to continue using the 500 agility gem in your offhand while upgrading your mainhand.

I have had no luck with weapon drops. I have the 2 from Spiritbinder Raidfinder that I got back in November or start of December. I haven't seen Claw of Shekzeer, normal version of my current fists, Will Staff, Tsulong Staff at all. Ever. I hate WoW!

It really depends on what you have available, obviously if you have 2 463 1handers and a 489 2 hander drops, switch to the 2 hander.

EB generation is slightly (very slightly) better with DW once you're over 4% haste from gear+buffs, which is only 1700 rating or so I think? But RPPM procs that aren't on your weapon (eg. the 5.2 trinkets and legendary meta) are better with 2h.

So there isn't much of a difference really. Pick the one with better itemization. Personally I'm DW currently, but that's just because we got a Claw from our first Shek'zeer kill, and our rogue refuses to play anything but assassination. If we had a feral/guardian druid I'd strongly prefer DW, or if our rogue ever used his combat spec then I'd skew towards 2h.

I currently use dual wield - because that's what I have. Gara'jal spits out a claw almost every other week for us, but I've seen nary hide nor hair of any other weapon so far.

I understand dual wield gives more stable (but slower) brew generation, and more GotOx. Dual wield for more Brew stacks. Depends on whether you like stable or bursty I suppose. Or simply handle it the way Windwalkers do and use the best weapon you get, and don't mind the type too much. I think for pure aesthetics I'd take the 2h, but eh - whatever!

I am dual wielding since i like the smother elusive brew generation compared to a two hander. However if my first upgrade in 5.2 is a 2-hander I will use it untill i get two 1-hander...