Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by codomir View Post
    Thanks so much! <3 for the weakauras, I'll set it up when I get more time.

Okay that should cover everything, thanks a ton for the help! I just have one more question, how much haste should I switch to? I'm just guessing the second immolate cap? I'll work on timing my immolates with my meta and my 4pc.
    Stats really aren't an issue. I run 10437 when I want to play Destro seriously. It covers both a regular breakpoint and also one when under the effects of a 30% haste buff i.e. Bloodlust or Meta Gem. It REALLLLLLY isn't a huge deal. The DPS difference between 10436 and 10437 is probably less than 1%. I just like to have a healthy mix of both haste and crit and this has always been my preferred build.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Stats really aren't an issue. I run 10437 when I want to play Destro seriously. It covers both a regular breakpoint and also one when under the effects of a 30% haste buff i.e. Bloodlust or Meta Gem. It REALLLLLLY isn't a huge deal. The DPS difference between 10436 and 10437 is probably less than 1%. I just like to have a healthy mix of both haste and crit and this has always been my preferred build.
    Thanks again dude! I am hoping to see a huge improvement, if my MS doesn't spike. I'll be back probably Tuesday with logs!

Deleted
    Hey guys,

i just want to make sure there is something I'm missingng or I'm doing wrong. I'm running affliction most of the time in SOO (switching to destruction for not so many fights, depending of the setup) and i thought the way i do my job is okay or well. Ok, maybe Protectors is not so good compared to some other warlocks, but most of the fights I'm doing good.
    Now we are running 25 men for nearly 2-3 weeks and meet two other warlocks from the other guild doing there job as good as me on comparable fights. One is running destruction, the other one is switching between affliction and destruction, similar to me. And now I'm asking myself if i do something wrong on fights like Malkorok HC, Juggernaut HC or while progressing Paragons HC.
    One of the things i found was simply other trinkets: both of them wear BBOY, while I'm running KTT, so their opener-dps is always higher. But that can't be the only thing.

WoL: /reports/k71f0qsnntjzitww/ - Quarran-Eredar (EU)
    Armory: /wow/de/character/eredar/Quarran/simple

Here is my armory and the last combatlog from wednesday. I died on Nazgrim HC while flying through the portals and get hit by backdraft. I called for full buffs, but...nah. Malkorok is disturbing me more.
    If I play as destruction, I use the 2pT15-opener for more CB's. I don't use it as affliction because on some fights i get flooded with shards and can keep Haunt up, so i don't see a profit here.

One solution for me was running more haste: Simcraft calculated effectively over 3000-5000 dps more from Patchwerk, HecticAddCleave and HelterSkelter and 1-3 targets, but i don't think it will work running with ca. 17k haste and 16k mastery (from AMR). I think it is more in my playstyle or i do several misstakes.

So i ask you to do me a favour and look over these logs. i would really appreciate it! Thank you in advance!

(Sorry if my english here is not so good. It is not my mother-language, but i hope you understand, what I mean.)
    Last edited by mmocdc736a1dfa; 2014-08-16 at 08:42 PM.

Here are my logs for tonights raid. I realize I screwed up on a few fights. Just starting to get the hang of timing Immolate with my 2pc. Going to need more practice with that. Same with my CB's.
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JfdkBLNab9HzFyMr

- - - Updated - - -

Logs from tonight. We are now locking to Siegecrafter. warcraftlogs.com/reports/DLnfapzJcb8ZgQhr#type=damage-done&source=1 Also I'd like to ask which ring to replace with Signet of the Dinomancers HC. Got it tonight on a bonus roll.

Deleted
    Here are my logs for tonights raid. I realize I screwed up on a few fights. Just starting to get the hang of timing Immolate with my 2pc. Going to need more practice with that. Same with my CB's.
    Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/JfdkBLNab9HzFyMr

- - - Updated - - -

Logs from tonight. We are now locking to Siegecrafter. warcraftlogs.com/reports/DLnfapzJcb8ZgQhr#type=damage-done&source=1 Also I'd like to ask which ring to replace with Signet of the Dinomancers HC. Got it tonight on a bonus roll.
    Ring - I'd swap it for the Hit/Crit ring, makes offspeccing to Affliction easier.

Fallen Protectors

• Your Immolate uptime could be higher, it was under 90%. Immolate every big add (preferably with 4pc). Ignore your 2pc it's garbage IMO.
    • You only used Havoc 5 times in a close to 8 minute fight. You glyphed it, so should see 7 uses here. That's an easy 4M damage lost, more if you timed it with Shadowburn well.
    • You used Dark Soul 3 times out of 4. This is a perfect fight to take AD on for Destro, so really you should be getting 5 uses here. Quite clearly you are not noticing your PBI proccing straight away, and when you do notice it, it is taking your mind away from your Dark Soul cooldown. As I have mentioned before, you NEED to sort out your UI if this is the case, because you cannot feasibly keep track of these things properly with the standard UI, especially if you have short falls in your overall gameplay which cause you to focus on things that should be instinctive/muscle memory.
    • You only used one potion.
    • For a fight with multiple targets often stacked together, you used far too little Rain of Fire. It's a DPS and ember gain to keep it on 2+ targets.
    • Overall usage of Chaos Bolt was low. For such an ember rich fight, to only cast Chaos Bolt 31 times in 8 minutes is pretty terrible. It did about the same damage overall as Incinerate. This likely relates to poor timing of Chaos Bolt with procs.
    • You need to learn to manage your cooldowns and abilities better, so I won't go into detail as to how you snapshotted because you need to fix more general stuff first.

Thok the Bloodthirsty

• Immolate uptime was again low, no reason to let it fall off tbh except maybe briefly when AoEing the bats. Crit percentage is decent based on your character sheet, can still be higher though so work on that.
    • You again only used Dark Soul 3 times out of a possible 4. Your expanded mind procced late, and you STILL forgot to use it even though it had been off CD for over 20 seconds. You really need to start tracking this properly. It's really hurting your DPS.
    • You didn't take full advantage of the bats. You only cast one Shadowburn on them. You should be getting at least 6, and you should be using Glyph of Havoc on the boss to copy 6 big Shadowburns from them onto him. Huge damage boost you missed out on.
    • You only used Unending Resolve once. Glyph it. Use it before your raid starts chaining Devo Auras in p1. Use it on bats. Use it again in next screech phase.

TL;DR - fix your cooldown usage. Get a better UI. By knowing when you have cooldowns and trinkets ready, you can plan your ember spending better, which will in turn increase your damage.

I really appreciate all the advice. Those 2 fights are probably the hardest for me on managing Immolate. But the CD's/procs/Shadowburns are no excuse for me. I just need to practice on playing properly. I've never played a warlock in this way. So it is something very new to me. Also, here's a picture of my current UI/WeakAuras/AffiDots and my cast bar.

UI: imgur.com/70Xghw2
    If you have any recommendations on a new UI or WeakAuras placement, shoot them my way! I'm all ears for becoming a better player, with practice, and learning this playstyle.

Deleted
    I really appreciate all the advice. Those 2 fights are probably the hardest for me on managing Immolate. But the CD's/procs/Shadowburns are no excuse for me. I just need to practice on playing properly. I've never played a warlock in this way. So it is something very new to me. Also, here's a picture of my current UI/WeakAuras/AffiDots and my cast bar.

UI: imgur.com/70Xghw2
    If you have any recommendations on a new UI or WeakAuras placement, shoot them my way! I'm all ears for becoming a better player, with practice, and learning this playstyle.
    I think your weakauras are too small, and I think you have too much going on with AffDots. Make your trinkets and cooldowns biggers, and add sound effects to them when they proc. This way you won't forget.

Also trim down AffDots. I stopped using it for Destruction a long time ago, because in all honesty you either keep it up with 4pc, or a combination of 4pc plus whatever trinket has procced. You can almost always force 4pc to proc during anything else, so there's no need for additional clutter from affdots.

Stuff like Havoc and Rain of Fire and conflag can be used, but I prefer weak auras so I can place them exactly where I want them.

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to figure out why my dps is so low compared to my ilvl. The name is Destroyér on korialstrasz. The guild is benefits included on sargeras. Please take a look at my logs on warcraftlogs.com. Please help!! Im in need of serious help!
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer123 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I am trying to figure out why my dps is so low compared to my ilvl. The name is Destroyér on korialstrasz. The guild is benefits included on sargeras. Please take a look at my logs on warcraftlogs.com. Please help!! Im in need of serious help!
    Thank you!!

I'm @ work atm so I can't look in-depth about what is wrong with your DPS but just seeing your armory: Why are you @ 15.91% hit?

I cant see to drop hit anywhere. and thank you!

hi im preeety new to raiding and just not leveling in general, yesterday i got my first garosh kill and guess what i got (gold).
    but i was really, really dissapointed with my dps. and i felt bad so someone told me to come here.

here's the imgur ling screenshot: imgur,com/haaxkYc
    anything is welcomed and i really hope to get better

Quote Originally Posted by solracel View Post
    hi im preeety new to raiding and just not leveling in general, yesterday i got my first garosh kill and guess what i got (gold).
    but i was really, really dissapointed with my dps. and i felt bad so someone told me to come here.

here's the imgur ling screenshot: imgur,com/haaxkYc
    anything is welcomed and i really hope to get better
    You know this is the warlock forum, right? On top of that there isn't much anyone can do with just looking at a picture of your Skada/Recount.

ohh lol sorryyy

Hey guys how u doin?
    Recently I started raiding with my hc guild, but I feel I'm doing rly rly low dps for my ilvl.
    I've read and watched every single guide out there or even here. I cannot figure out the problem.
    Would rly appreciate ur help

Latest hc log:
    w w w .warcraftlogs. c o m/reports/J1nPMXVzFY6AxZrm#boss=1595&wipes=1&type=summary&source=281

Armory:
    eu.battle.n e t/wow/en/character/kazzak/Zethlock/advanced

Thx in advance

p.s: Cant post links

Quote Originally Posted by Helpax View Post
    Hey guys how u doin?
    Recently I started raiding with my hc guild, but I feel I'm doing rly rly low dps for my ilvl.
    I've read and watched every single guide out there or even here. I cannot figure out the problem.
    Would rly appreciate ur help

Latest hc log:
    w w w .warcraftlogs. c o m/reports/J1nPMXVzFY6AxZrm#boss=1595&wipes=1&type=summary&source=281

Armory:
    eu.battle.n e t/wow/en/character/kazzak/Zethlock/advanced

Thx in advance

p.s: Cant post links
    Hey man I looked at your Malkorok kill. You did some really good things. You used DS with trinkets correctly which is a very good habit to get into. Your Immolate uptime is kind of poor. You could easily get that uptime from 82% to >97%. One thing hurting you right now is your opener and the lack of tier 4 piece. You should be able to get 2 Chaos Bolts off within the first 10 seconds of the fight when Expanded Mind and Toxic Totem are both up. You only got one off. I personally precast Incinerate then Immolate, Conflag x2, DS, Incinerate x4, and sneak two Chaos Bolts in a row right before procs wear off. This should help you obtain a higher burst in the beginning. Work on getting that 4 piece and when you do you can come back here and the folks here can teach you how to use the 4 piece proc to your advantage.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

My Warlock Needs Help. -.-'

Hey folks.

So I usually post for myself in the druid forums, however, tonight I'm focused on one of my raiders.

I really don't know what she's doing wrong. Lol I only lvl'd a lock for fun, and I don''t really play mine. But even I'm able to pull about 300k dps on a fight like Garry. At 570.

She's at 564, and pulling really sad numbers. If someone could look through the logs, lemme know what I can tell her to do, and what to fix, that would be great.

The Iron Circle Logs

And of course, a link to her Armory.

She's not a bad player. She does most everything right. I just am unsure as to what she can improve on. She did get some new boots tonight, and I do not know when she is going to gem/enchant those. So you may see some gear swaps with unenchanted items. That happened after raid.

Sucks I have to say this, but helpful advice please. No trolls. -.-'

Thanks in advance-
    ~Ish

Moved your post to the Fix My DPS thread, as it's really more appropriate there.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-10-01 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    I'll just cover the Destruction side of things. First off get 4pc t16 asap it's just a big overall damage increase. For further itemization she sould try to drop as many nonmastery items asap (helm, shoulders, belt, 2 rings). Enchants and sockets are fine. For the log I'll base my statements on Malkorok (only encounter that is near a Patchwerk style fight). She should try and maximize her Immolate uptime (75.5%, should be at least in the 90s the more the better). Also from the damage percentages (incinerate 33.1% over chaosbolt 30.8%) I guess she has problems with tracking her trinkets and lining them up with her cds and or pooling her embers before trinkets get up again. Furthermore she seems to have problems with her opener (average Chaosbolt damage quite low, again not lining up her cbs with trinkets/cds). At last she doesnt use shadowburn at all which is rather bad (Shadowburns Dptc higher then Chaosbolts -> Shadowburn over Chaosbolt in execute phase). She casted a few Fel Flames though she was specced into KJC.
    Just noticed another thing she needs to learn the fight mechanics a little bit better. Just take Thok as an example. She must've been interrupted like a 1000 times with 31 Incinerates in 5:29 min and she should adapt her glyphs/talents for every encounter (picking the unending resolve cd reduction glyph for thok for example).
    If u ask me she has some problems with the core mechanics of destro and should try to pick up the basemechanics through guides/vids/streams and go from improving from singletarget to multitarget...once she knows what to do in a singletarget situation the problems in multitargetsituations will be much less. Looking at the whole log she underperforms for every boss quite a bit. I guess the problems listed above give an explanation.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    As Numar stated Shadowburn's count is too low - only 2 times overall log.
    Let's take closer look at Malkorok fight - no pet and no grimoire of sacrifice buff; 4 casts of curse of the elements (that's not only on Malkorok).
    On Iron Jug there is something strange - casting immolate, then CoE, then again immolate - that does not make any sense. Casting immolate, then Dark Soul is not a good thing either.
    This person need to practice on a raid dummy - control immolate uptime and proper casts (after buffs, not before), do not use spells more than needed. And don't forget to eat your minion
    Last edited by Unknowndiv; 2014-10-01 at 07:53 AM. Reason: grammar :(
    It's the way of humans to create monsters. It's the nature of monsters to destroy their creators.

Deleted
    As others have mentioned, better understanding of destruction through Chaos bolt "only" with trinket procs (+dark soul), immolate uptime, shadowburn during execute, + another thing I noticed, use havoc as much as possible. 3 shadow burns onto a big target, by using lesser minions in execute range is absolutely insane, and it looks like she doesn't use that properly (Or even use havoc much at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    With Mists in the rearview mirror and lots of class changes as well as an item squish it is time to move to a new thread for Warlords of Draenor for your DPS fixing issues/discussion found here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post30025813

Any discussion and questions about fixing your or someone else's DPS can be posed there while this thread gets closed to prevent discussion takign place in 2 places.

CLOSED.