Poll: Poll

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would either faction actually attract a better community than the other though?
    I can understand "better" players due to racials, but why would one attract nicer people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Very subjective, opinion-based question.

On that opinion: I have played both sides over the last 7 or 8 years and generally speaking my experience has always been much more positive Horde-side. That being said, there are (obviously) excellent and awful players in both factions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some links about this type of stuff it's old data but I hope it proves a point with the subjectivity of this matter. But as it's old and before TBC and Wrath it's worth taking a rather large grain of salt with this data as the philosophies in game design were different back then which would've had some sort of effect on the results.

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001366.php

Going by this it would support the notion of Horde prefer progress while Alliance players prefer doing the non competitive activities. It's also worth remembering how racials always play a role in this type of stuff due to min maxers.

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/arch...545.php?page=2

Going by this page we're again met with the belief of Alliance players being less mature. Despite this belief the data gathered here shows the opposite - http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001368.php

It's an interesting set of data. I don't and wouldn't advise you take it literally due to the age of it, but I do believe it very much supports the notion of players opinion of one factions is more often than not, not the case.

To all those who say faction doesn't matter, from my experience I'd say you're wrong. And it's pretty obvious, since different factions attract different people. Usually more mature people tend to go Horde and less so alliance, while younger people go alliance because at first they seem like the good guys (as shown by the research above). I have chars on both sides and on different realms and battlegroups. For instance, I can't stand doing dungeons with my alliance chars. Things always tend to go slower and there's alot more crybabies. On the other hand dungeons with the Horde tend to go faster but there are also more jerks. Overall though I rather spend most of my time in the Horde, as it was where I started and people just seem way more mature.
    Last edited by ykza; 2013-02-24 at 05:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    To all those who say faction doesn't matter, from my experience I'd say you're wrong. And it's pretty obvious, since different factions attract different people. Usually more mature people tend to go Horde and less so alliance, while younger people go alliance because at first they seem like the good guys. I have chars on both sides and on different realms and battlegroups. For instance, I can't stand doing dungeons with my alliance chars. Things always tend to go slower and there's alot more crybabies. On the other hand dungeons with the Horde tend to go faster but there are also more jerks. Overall though I rather spend most of my time in the Horde, as it was where I started and people just seem way more mature.
    Or maybe all mature people go Alliance and all immature go Horde because they want to play rawr monsters????

It simply is not like that I'm sorry.

And what about... bi-factional people?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got three things to say about this one.

1. RP servers have better communities than PvP and PvE. Yes they have their very strange members, but thankfully they stick to whispers and guilds these days.

2. The Horde is much more quiet than the Alliance, so the Alliance looks more immature. 3 fish VS 300 fish.

3. Horde is for the elite. Both in Arena and Raiding, the best always seem to be Horde. Alliance tends to be much more casual.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post
    Or maybe all mature people go Alliance and all immature go Horde because they want to play rawr monsters????

It simply is not like that I'm sorry.

And what about... bi-factional people?
    Well as shown above, kiddies tend to go for the pretty good guys and not the boogeyman under their beds

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    The horde might have more skilled people but there are more douchebags elitists around. One mistake you get kicked yelled at etc. While playing on the alliance side I have not noticed such harsh behaviour. But on the other side it might just be the choice of server.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well as shown above, kiddies tend to go for the pretty good guys and not the boogeyman under their beds
    Well that's the thing, age != maturity.

Kids do go Alliance. But kids are not necessarily the problem in the community. Now hold onto your head, because I'm about to blow it.

Kids don't troll.

It's about 12-16 where people troll for the sake of trolling. Where they intentionally do everything wrong just to make you rage. And they squeak.... oh the squeakers.....

That age range is more likely in my experience to roll the big scary monster (Orcs and Undead).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The assumptions and rubbish thrown around in this thread are hilarious. Monsters? Good guys? Kids? Maturity levels? Wth are you all talking about?

Faction communities are about even in terms of imbeciles and good players, scaled to respective population ofc. People roll races based on aesthetics and to a lesser degree racial traits. Horde has better racial traits than the Alliance, which attracts min/maxers to the faction; if racials were flipped (and blood fury/berserking were on Alliance races and not Horde), min/maxers would be playing Alliance. That aside you can play enormous hulks on Alliance or Horde (Male Draenei/Tauren), you can play pretty elves on either side, you can play short, comedy relief races on either side, or monstronsities (Worgen/Undead) etc. Not all kids like to roll "good guys" and just because you are mature and an older player doesn't mean you are going to default on rolling a zombie or an Orc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Age =/= Maturity and if you're going by what I linked the data shows the opposite is true when it comes to age and that younger demographics go for the things that are "evil" (air quotes because Horde aren't evil....).
    Even then the data doesn't show the kid demographic, but at the same time you're stating something based off of subjective opinion with no facts to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    The horde might have more skilled people but there are more douchebags elitists around.
    Which is why the poll needs more options as a more skilled community does not equal a nicer one.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-24 at 05:48 PM.

Well the thing is, trolling for the sake of trolling has no age limit in my opinion and I think most people would agree. Even mature people sometimes troll just for a good laugh. Besides, at 12-16 that's what I refer to as kiddies and even if they did go to the Horde more, I'd say that people under 14 are a minority in WoW and anyone over that isn't that likely to be THAT annoying. The people that actually troll the most are immature 18-20 year old people that are basically giant babies

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    in general, the horde. not to say there aren't bads and immaturity on both sides. just think logically. any "noob" will immediately pick the more attractive races. the more aesthetically pleasing races in wow are the alliance races. i swear, it used to be anytime i saw a night elf hunter, i'd run away in anticipation of the bad. 60% of the time, it's still true. at least on my server. there will be no end to this debate, but for me, the horde has the better players & communities, and by far the more mature player base. If i could afford it, i'd faction change all of my toons to the horde side. I obeyed the noob race rule i mentioned earlier when i started. lol.

I've played on both sides, Alliance far less however. Overall, through my years of experience, I believe that both sides are equally retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played both and in my experience they're both shitty.

10+ Year Old Account
    horde, atleast on my realm. I have met alot more assholes on my alliance then my horde.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I have absolutely no idea.
    But as Oboloz says, i also think it matters more by servers, many peoples goes on the most populated servers cause they think that more players = better, theses are morons.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread man....faction has nothing to do with community/server attitude... im actually confused by this topic. Well it is a Saladrin thread, all those previous threads didnt get closed becuase they were the best topics -.-

I've had bad people to deal with on both sides
    I've found it harder to deal with other Horde players whenever I play as Horde

I think it varies.
    Twas brillig