Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    why
    A kid I worked with in highschool convinced me to play the trial after we talked WC lore for weeks. Less than 10 levels into the game I was hooked and getting my own copy. Having come from all of blizzards other series I knew WoW would be perfect for me. 5 years later its still the game I spend most time on. Probably from all of the friends that have been made.
    which race
    Nightelf, simply because they were the only ally Druid
    which class
    Druid. There was no other option. I loved the idea of being a shapeshifter. Using a bear to protect my allies. Still to this day my druid is my favourite, may not be my current main however.
    why alliance
    I think it mostly came down to the idea of Tauren looks versus NElf looks and chose to side alliance because of it ^^

Why?
    The game looked cool, and wanted a change from the (still awesome) FFXI

Which Race?
    Gnome, they just looked agreat (always played tarutaru)

Which Class?
    Warlock, after being a PLD/War or PLD/THF I wanted a change :P

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Alliance, because I loved the look of Darnassus.

My friend tricked me into playing this game, he said there would be cake....

I played a human rogue and had no idea what i was doing.

Why? Simply due to the fact that I was tired of playing F2p Micro-Transaction games. I played 2moons for about a year before my friends convinced me to join WoW. I was enamored by everything right out of the get go.

Which Race? Which Class?Why Horde/Alliance?
    These all tie into each other. I picked up the game before I talked to my friends wanting to get a feel for the game so I rolled a Night Elf Warrior on some random ass server. I got him to about level 14-15 before my friend said he played horde on an other server.

I was kind of upset as I wanted to be alliance but I said screw it and rolled horde. I wanted too play a warrior as well but he told me for a first timer I should try a paladin as paladins at the time were pretty imba. So I went horde and had to choose blood elf. I wanted to be a Warrior and I wanted to go Orc but he said Paladin and I did it and I fell in love with the class.

I now play an Orc Warrior as a main but from the beginning of Wrath to the End of Cata I played a Paladin. Boy I miss those days. Life was a lot lot easier 3 years ago.

Deleted
    Why? Mainly because of WC3 and my love for the rest of Blizzard's game. I was 13 years old when I first saw WC3 and didn't have my own computer yet, so I used to watch my older brother play. One day he let me try WC3 and I fell in love.
    Almost the same thing happens few years later when WoW was released. I couldn't afford my own account, so I used to watch him play, but as soon as I could afford to pay smaller monthly fees I got my own account and character.

Which Race? My very first was a tauren druid on my brothers account when he let me try it during release. Taurens was my favorite race in WC3 so of course I had to make one!
    Now I play a troll druid as my main, it used to be a tauren but I had too many cows already so I changed one of them. :P

Which Class? Druid, I like to read about old religions/belief systems like shamanism and and druidism, so I thought it would be cool to play as a druid. I also love the shapeshifting, even though my lovely moonkin looks like a low-poly pile of fluff made of pixles..

Why Horde/Alliance? I've always favored the Horde, I enjoy the tribalistic aesthetics and I always choose to play monsters and such in games. I've played some Alliance characters over the years, but it's just not the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump?

/char

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-02-25 at 01:39 PM.

Why?
    I saw the game on G4 back in the day and bought it. My computer was too much of a shithole to run it though, so I had the game in the box sitting for a year before I finally was able to play it in 2006.

Which Race?
    I originally went human but I hated their starting zone and went Night Elf because the atmosphere was really cool.

Which Class?
    Made a warrior because thats what someone recommended to me, but I found it really boring. Then I rolled hunter and loved having a pet so I stuck with it for most of BC.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    I really picked alliance at random. I found out one of my RL friends played and rolled a horde character to quest with him. That character has been my main since late BC.

Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    why?
    I started playing this game due to the lore behind all of it. I played Warcraft 3 RoC and TFT and was absolutely moved by the story behind it...

Which Race?
    Seeing how humans were and still are my favorite race in WC3, I think it would be fair to play such race in WoW. Most of my toons are humans even WAY before we got Every Man for Himself

Which Class?
    Paladin it being so imba in the game itself (Divine Shield > Heal = GG)

Why Horde/Alliance?
    After playing both factions during the game I sided with the Alliance due to them being more "civilized" and better looking whereas Tauren, Orcs and Trolls look very tribe-ish and I'm a sucker for aesthetics.

How about you fellow champions? To keep it more fun, try using the same format!
    1. ditto on the lore. I wanted to see what happened next and be a part of it... when it went south I quit

2. Tauren... but then in Cata they lost their spine, after years of doing nothing.

3. Shaman, I wanted bloodlust.

4. Horde, just because they're more interesting and nuanced than the humans which seemed kind of boring, along with the Dwarves which didn't appeal to me due to the lack of a tech class, and nelfs just... i dunno, never connected with me.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    I find some of these stories mind boggling... it seems as most of the players are or were completely unaware of the stories behind wow... I think this MMORPG and its history/lore is what has me attached to it. I have tried many different MMO's but none of them seem to "click" like WoW did.

Deleted
    why?
    I bought the game for a friend for Xmas 2005 as something new to try for a month, didn't think he'd want to pay a monthly sub though, so expected just 1 month out of game. I went round to his place on boxing day and we played it solid for couple of days, on 28th Dec 2005 I bought my own copy. Now 7 years later still occasionally playing, although its lost all of its shine for me as its no longer a real multi-player game. Just a solo game where you occasionally blast through meaningless content in a group that doesn't care about anything other than clearing the content as quick as possible.

Which Race?
    Went with what seemed logical human.

Which Class?
    I always liked a healer, played Cleric in pencil & paper AD&D, my mate had gone for a paladin (probably closest to cleric with armour), so I went for priest.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Already answered in question 2. Having selected a race the faction is chosen
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2013-03-11 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    I started playing after a few months of bugging by some friends to play this game, they said that I'd love it. Well you know what? They were right.

Which race?
    Well, when I first started playing I was a male Troll due to my friends being Horde at the time. Then they Realm Transferred and became Alliance. Now I play a Night Elf.

Which Class?
    My Troll was a druid but after my friends Realm Transferred, this was at the time shortly after I started playing, I play a Rogue, my Night Elf.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Well for me, I guess it boils down to aesthetics, where-as I do like Belfs, I am not all "For the Horde" or "For the Alliance" but the Alliance feels like a better fit for me. I am itching to play a little Horde again.

I may only have started playing WoW in patch 4.2 in Cata, I have tried my best to get familiar with the game's past along with it's lore. I know the game now is a lot different than what it was in vanilla and BC even but that's just how it is. Everything changes whether you like it or not, it may not change for the best, but it still changes and we have to learn to live with those changes.

Why?

A friends let me play on his account, it looked fun.

What Race?

Like everyone else I think I went Human, because I thought Horde was the bad guys.

Which Class?

Went with Warlock

Why Horde/ Alliance?

Answered in question 2, but Now that I have my own account and have since 6 months after release. All my characters are Horde and I despise Warlocks. Funny how things change when you learn how to play. I don't even have a Warlock, but my original is still sitting on my buddies account lvl 22.

why?
    I started playing cause I needed a new MMO. I never really cared much for the lore of any game cause it can and has always been changed at a whim. It was a new MMO coming out at the time and based off the strategy games. It sounds good and then the beta got me hooked.

Which Race?
    night elf and human

Which Class?
    Hunter and rogue mainly

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Alliance - Guild was going alliance so thats were we started.

Why?
    A friend of mine brought this game to my attention as we were playing another mmorpg

Which Race/Class?
    Night elf warrior mainly because of
    Why Horde/Alliance ?
    see above

after 2 years i wanted to play a warlock but i didn't like other alliance races so i had to delete my warrior (old pvp realm rules . damn you blizzard :| ) to roll a blood elf warlock then i played the rest of bc and wrath as horde , switched back to alliance in cata but now i'm back to the horde

Why?
    2006: I was in high school, and my one friend kept dropping hints to me and a group of friends that WoW was really cool (he did this over Counter-Strike vent a lot). Then, at lunch one day, he mentioned he got a Mechanostrider - and I was in. I was very skeptical about the monthly payments for the longest time though.

Which Race?
    Night Elf. They were my favorite in the WC3 series, and I always envisioned having a character similar to Legolas.

Which Class?
    Druid. You mean to tell me that I can turn into a bear? and a cat?!!? screw the Legolas idea.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Alliance, because that's where my friends were. I was actually the last to buy the game, but they were kind enough to help me level to ~8, and then we traveled all the way to Ironforge by foot and boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    I was big fan of Warcraft 3. Back in 2002 internet wasn't thng that everybody had in his home (at least in my country) so we play in internet cafe. Started from simple rts lan games, but later i was big into entire warcraft universe, lore,books,characters etc.

Which Race?
    World of Warcraft was my 1st rpg game i think (or it was gothic, i don't remeber ), at 1st i picked Tauren because it look cool for me (big and strong). Later switch to orc, because my favorite unit from warcraft 3 was orc wolf raider.

Which Class?
    Warrior of course. It just come natural, i don't know why

Why Horde/Alliance?

Because orcs were my favorite warcraft 3 race, also i prefer savage,brutal barbarians in games over knights in shiny armor

Deleted
    Why?
    I was already playing RuneScape so I was into MMORPG's, I enjoyed character progression and the social aspects. I just could never afford to pay for one outside of the small membership fee RuneScape offered. WoW had always looked cool to me and I longed for the day I had the money to afford it. My friend told me the game had a free trial, so I downloaded the trial and eventually picked up the battle chest.

Which race?
    Night Elf, initially. During the Trial the BC chars were locked out and I wanted to play an elf. When I got BC I rolled Blood Elf, completely ignoring Draenei as I had my heart set on playing a Blood Elf. Eventually I started playing with a friend and he was on alliance. Since he was already level 40 or so I decided to re-roll instead of him, and I decided to go with Draenei. Whilst my current main is a Night Elf, my original char (The one I eventually leveled with a friend) remains Draenei.

Which class?
    First class was Warrior on the trial. Picked it from random, eventually got bored. Went Paladin on my Blood Elf, quite enjoyed it, but when I rolled Draenei I picked Shaman because of the ability to utilise lightning which I thought was cool as fuck.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Initially Alliance because I wanted to be a Blood Elf but the Trial restrictions were in place. I eventually went Horde when the restrictions were lifted but reverted back to Alliance to play with a friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    I was a long term warcraft fan having played since orcs and humans, it was a no brainer i would get wow eventually

Which Race/Class?
    Initially i rolled an undead mage on a friends account to give the game a try, but got stuck in undercity unable to find the exit after wandering into it at lievel 3 or so. Once i got my own account i rolled as a Paladin due to it being my favorite hero from WC3, and Human because i did not like the dwarf models. Boring way to choose i know.

Why Alliance?

Because that is where my mate was playing.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

Deleted
    I started playing because eeriely, it was everything I was looking for in a game. I woke up one day a few years ago and thought; "Right, this is my perfect kind of game - let's see if anything like it actually exists." I wanted a fantasy game with an open world, different unique classes, lots of story, and racial choices. WoW was almost unbelievably close to my idea of my perfect game!

I've flicked from faction to faction. I began on the Alliance, and have lots of nostalgia there. I also prefer how it's the classic concept of medieval knights and castles. Yet I also branched out to the Horde, because I love the High Elf/Blood Elf story and I like how most of the races are very tribal and in tune with nature (At least, before Garrosh came along).

I wanted to have a Druid as my main character, because I love nature magic in games and the idea of shapeshifting was just so cool. I also like healing.

I began as a Night Elf, as I love elves in video games. The Night Elf history which I found later was also brilliant. Yet when Worgen were released, I changed in a heartbeat. I'm english IRL, and being able to play as a victorian werewolf commanding the powers of nature was just too cool for me! :P

Why?
    My cousin kept pestering me about giving it a go and after a few months of pestering and having a slight look at what it was I decided to give it a shot.

Which Race?
    Human since I didn't feel like playing a dwarf, a tiny gnome or a funky-colored elf.

Which Class?
    Warrior since I wasn't into casters, sneakiness didn't seem like my thing and I felt true strength was more appealing than fighting with the light.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    My cousin was Alliance, so... I didn't know what I was doing back then...