Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syntactic View Post
    but that was not my point i DO want to see my weapons when attacking
    Yeah same mate, we don't need a glyph for that though it should already work like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Because fist weapons have been bugged for years, pre mop. There was a warcraft before this expansion
    Yeah... I still don't see what you're getting at. Bugged how, exactly?

My warrior in TBC used the Hyjal fists to DPS before I became the Arms debuff bitch, and my shammy alt has been rocking fists with his enhance OS since forever. You see the "unarmed combat" attack animations as well as the fist weapons while in combat, so what's the bug there?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    ok, plesae tell me how i can get my weapons to show during fight?

i got fists of the deity equipt, but i never see them, with no attack, not with and without glyph

15+ Year Old Account
    ok, plesae tell me how i can get my weapons to show during fight?

i got fists of the deity equipt, but i never see them, with no attack, not with and without glyph
    You don't as a monk, no-one's arguing that. It's not a "bug" though, it's a design and art feature of the monk class (even though you, me and billions of other people think it sucks).

Other classes using fist weapons see them in combat, with the "unarmed attack" animations. But because we have special monk-only animations, we're an exception.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

the point is: monks fight with their feet and their hands, it would not make sense to hold a weapon while doing so

Deleted
    i dont understand why they dont just make a glyph for this.
    just always hide all weapons, but with the glyph you can see them...
    ok, so why did Kyuubi replied with "Glyph of Jab"?

LIES!! ALL LIES!!! :P

gief glyph of Show Weapon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I recall the old class description back in Beta for the Monk mentioned using they're weapons for powerful finishing moves. But now all we use them for is the weakest attack. Yeah, yeah. I get it, we are Kung-Fu'ers. But whats the point of having 2 swords on your back if you're body is apparently stronger?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    I remember a blue saying something along the lines of monk animations not having room for many of the bigger fist weapon models and they would just clip through everything, so they disabled showing them for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You don't as a monk, no-one's arguing that. It's not a "bug" though, it's a design and art feature of the monk class (even though you, me and billions of other people think it sucks).

Other classes using fist weapons see them in combat, with the "unarmed attack" animations. But because we have special monk-only animations, we're an exception.
    It's a design decision because the alternative is a buggy animation that looks horrendous.

I don't think it looks that horrendous. If you mainhand a normal weapon, and offhand a fist, then your fist weapon will be visible when you Jab. It doesn't look bad at all.

I just wish there were another agi 1h so that I could actually see the fist weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    I don't think it looks that horrendous. If you mainhand a normal weapon, and offhand a fist, then your fist weapon will be visible when you Jab. It doesn't look bad at all.

I just wish there were another agi 1h so that I could actually see the fist weapon.
    That's not the issue we're talking about.

I want to see this fixed as well, just like I want new character models for all pre-cata races, but balance and content come first.

I'd much rather see balanced PvP (HA) and crazy interesting PvE content then changes like this.

Deleted
    I bet they are going to add it sooner or later since its a popular request. However its hard to implement when it clips with stuff.

Ex: Hair on models and the back equipment pieces still clip on many chars as it is, they have been since vanilla. Facial hair often clips through stuff. Its hard to fix and requires much effort and thought.

i would jab glyph if fist weapons showed during combat >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Zhodios View Post
    i would jab glyph if fist weapons showed during combat >.<
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayelar View Post
    the point is: monks fight with their feet and their hands, it would not make sense to hold a weapon while doing so
    I don't think it makes any sense for them to only use their fists/hands either, because all through leveling up they're constantly talking about and showing off people with "mastery of weapons" etc. Doesn't make much sense to master weapons you'd never have any viable reason to use.

It's not a bug, it is intended I think.
    Also this would fix everything, but there's no support.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3924?page=1#10

IMO they should make the fist weapons viewable by default, and then make glyph of jab hide them, rather than never being able to see your fist weapons in combat and glyphing other weapons to not see them too.