Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you'll recall, the Wrathgate was all Varimathras' doing. Can you really blame the Horde Warchief for the actions of a freaking Dreadlord? At best you could question Sylvanas' judgement at keeping one by her side...
    Please consult post #27. I do not blame Thrall for the Wrathgate.

  2. #62
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,901
    Ashenvale is disputed territory.
    Perhaps it is considered that for game mechanics, but its Night Elven land being invaded by the Horde for lumber.

  3. #63
    Legendary! vindicatorx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Posts
    6,895
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Seriously, also this^

    Jaina would have flown Dalaran to Orgrimmar and destroyed the entire place by now if it wasn't for Varian claiming that the Alliance will not fight the War in the way the Horde have (You know, using weapons of mass destruction).
    Right and I also forgot Varian refused to use the Sha as a weapon against the horde where Garrosh planned on using the Divine Bell against the Alliance

  4. #64
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm done debating with you if you can't even find out about these event as it happened.

    And if all you use is wowpedia for reference, that says it all.


    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/05/15/kn...-the-prophecy/
    You do realize when they say "Another meeting at Theramore" its because the first one was when he was kidnapped by Onxyia and the Defias, right?

    Please tell me anywhere in what you linked proved that there was another peace summit outside of the one that actually occurred, when Twilight's Hammer attacked.

    Apparently you cannot read either, because I said I've actually read that comic you're linking an article to.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-02-25 at 02:47 AM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you'll recall, the Wrathgate was all Varimathras' doing. Can you really blame the Horde Warchief for the actions of a freaking Dreadlord? At best you could question Sylvanas' judgement at keeping one by her side...
    And you can't blame Varian either for thinking it was the horde at that time , which Trassk is doing i think by linking that video. Varian being angry to an orc underling which would of ended there even if Garrosh hated him, if Thrall wouldn't of made him warchief. But from what i wrote above or previous page you can see Garrosh hated the alliance even before meeting Varian and when Varian wanted to talk peace with Thrall.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    That Lo'gosh BS still kind of upsets me. Wolves are supposed to be a big part of orc culture and it made no sense for Varian to be chosen. If only there were some powerful beast that represented the Alliance that they could have used instead...
    He could be a big cat or a flippin dragon for all I care. the fact it was a carte blanche to make the other races of the Alliance kiss his ass and idolise him was terrible. Tyrande is told by Elune to follow a white wolf blah blah. Varian comes by "hey baby, my sign is Lo'gosh". It's horribad. The only reason they aren't making the Orcs fall over for his Lo'gosh symbolism is because they are the creme de la creme of Blizzard's cdev focus. They couldn't do that without massive backlash as well as going against their principles of "horde first". Who knows though, maybe Varian will end up being the next Warchief if Metzen starts fancying himself as Varian more than Thrall...

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    feck it if ye wanna go back further its all the orcs fault for trying (twice) to invade and take over azzeroth. Shoulda stayed the feck on dreanor then maybe their planet wouldnt have gone kaboom and none of this woulda been an issue
    Well if you really want to get to the core of the issue, the Orcs would never have known about Azeroth had it not been for a Human trying to bring them there. So you may want to watch where you place your blame.

  8. #68
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Go back to gnomeregan and come back when you have some decent lore.
    Anndddd the win of the day goes to Trassk!

    Totally agree. Chief Big-Chin is a disgrace to the position that Lothar once held.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  9. #69
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,989
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You do realize when they say "Another meeting at Theramore" its because the first one was when he was kidnapped by Onxyia and the Defias, right?

    Please tell me anywhere in what you linked proved that the only peace summit that actually occurred was the outside of the one that Twilight's Hammer attacked?
    what in gods name are you blabbering about? That was a peace summit that Jaina tried to arrange between both sides. Garrosh was there with them, Anduin was brought with Varian. They began to discuss peace and Thrall was confident Garrosh took something from it. And then the twilight hammer with a mind controlled Garona attacked the summit, and instantly Varian went into lo'gosh mode and attacked Thrall, accusing him of backstabbing.

    Read the bloody page, buy the comic, do your research before you accuse others of using misconceptions, because it sounds like your just reaching now.

  10. #70
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what in gods name are you blabbering about? That was a peace summit that Jaina tried to arrange between both sides. Garrosh was there with them, Anduin was brought with Varian. They began to discuss peace and Thrall was confident Garrosh took something from it. And then the twilight hammer with a mind controlled Garona attacked the summit, and instantly Varian went into lo'gosh mode and attacked Thrall, accusing him of backstabbing.

    Read the bloody page, buy the comic, do your research before you accuse others of using misconceptions, because it sounds like your just reaching now.
    /facepalm

    Varian did not do that.

    Well I've provided enough proof to see that you're just blatantly lying about what you're talking about.

    Other people can deal with your nonsense Green Jesus forever white knighting.

    I'll leave you with a final quote from the article you're linking that proves my actual point:

    Then Garrosh opened his big fat mouth and said that it was obvious the Alliance were just trying to cover for Garona, and that Varian hired her to kill Thrall.
    Rofl, bye Trassk.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-02-25 at 02:51 AM.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what in gods name are you blabbering about? That was a peace summit that Jaina tried to arrange between both sides. Garrosh was there with them, Anduin was brought with Varian. They began to discuss peace and Thrall was confident Garrosh took something from it. And then the twilight hammer with a mind controlled Garona attacked the summit, and instantly Varian went into lo'gosh mode and attacked Thrall, accusing him of backstabbing.

    Read the bloody page, buy the comic, do your research before you accuse others of using misconceptions, because it sounds like your just reaching now.
    I read that post, and then realised I was trying to argue with an orc. Though seriously, I think you are still misreading that scene. The Twilights council started the war, and because both leaders had flaws, it was allowed to escalate.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    His likeability has come at the expense of other characters. They made Garrosh the biggest douchebag in the world to clearly contrast as far worse than Varian at his worst. A lot of Varian's development is locked away in books as well but a lot more of it has to do with building him up as an avatar of Lo'gosh which kinda sucks as its a free pass to automatically convince other Alliance races, like the Night Elves and the Gilneans that he's a chosen one. Rather than having to prove himself to them, they have to prove themselves to him. It's a wretched bit of development.
    Yes, this is a valid point. Although I think it was kind of hard for the developers to figure out how to do it, because a lot of Alliance also clamored for a strong leader figure before. I don't like how Tyrande is being portrayed, but I understand the directions that Blizzard wants to take for this Alliance/Horde war.

  13. #73
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    And you can't blame Varian either for thinking it was the horde at that time , which Trassk is doing i think by linking that video. Varian being angry to an orc underling which would of ended there even if Garrosh hated him, if Thrall wouldn't of made him warchief. But from what i wrote above or previous page you can see Garrosh hated the alliance even before meeting Varian and when Varian wanted to talk peace with Thrall.
    Varian knew it wasn't Thrall and the Horde when he attacked them.
    "Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: What's happened here? There are corpses everywhere... the stench... overwhelming...
    King Varian Wrynn says: Horde. By the looks of the struggle, they are here in force - somewhere."

    "King Varian Wrynn says: The orcs have a battle cry: LOK'TAR OGAR! It means "victory or death." Fitting...
    King Varian Wrynn says: To the throne room!
    The king and his group walks in.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I was away for too long. My absence cost us the lives of some of our greatest heroes. Trash like you and this evil witch were allowed to roam free -- unchecked.
    King Varian Wrynn says: The time has come to make things right. To disband your treacherous kingdom of murderers and thieves. Putress was the first strike. Many more will come.
    King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.
    King Varian Wrynn says: What our world could be without you and your twisted Horde... It ends now, Warchief.
    King Varian Wrynn says: ATTACK! FOR STORMWIND! FOR BOLVAR! FOR THE ALLIANCE!"

    He knew Thrall wasn't behind the Wrathgate. Hell, he was with Jaina the entire time, and Jaina talked to Thrall previously. It was just Varian wanting to kill off the Horde. I don't blame him for wanting to kill his rivals, anymore than I blame Garrosh for wanting to kill his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    If you tried out the Worgen starting zone, youd realize their story is there to boost how awesome Sylvannas and the forsaken are, but then it stops abruptly when you get to Darkshore. Its almost like Worgen dont exist in lore when you ding level 11. Any sort of conclusion, you have to play horde because like I said, the Worgen exist to give the zombies and their stupid over used leader a better story.
    That is bullcrap. What did you expect, that Blizzard would put Worgen plot into every zone from level 12 to 60? The goblin storyline stops at level 20 as well. The Blood Elf story stops once you leave Ghostlands, so does the Draenei once you leave Bloodmyst Isle. That's just how WoW's leveling works, it's a limitation of the game.

    It does kind of suck how you have the abrupt transition from the end of the Worgen quest zones to being dumped in a random Alliance territory sure. But that is nothing specific to Worgen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    He could be a big cat or a flippin dragon for all I care. the fact it was a carte blanche to make the other races of the Alliance kiss his ass and idolise him was terrible. Tyrande is told by Elune to follow a white wolf blah blah. Varian comes by "hey baby, my sign is Lo'gosh". It's horribad. The only reason they aren't making the Orcs fall over for his Lo'gosh symbolism is because they are the creme de la creme of Blizzard's cdev focus. They couldn't do that without massive backlash as well as going against their principles of "horde first". Who knows though, maybe Varian will end up being the next Warchief if Metzen starts fancying himself as Varian more than Thrall...
    Yeah the whole things was just a silly way of building up Varian to be superman. God forbid the other leaders do anything useful or important like they're some kind of alliance or something.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  16. #76
    I vote for the return of the Old Horde. Without decent lore figures the Horde/Alliance will be ripped apart easily and we can cease this pointless prattle.

  17. #77
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    Why can't we decapitate the anime haired, Conan wannabe and be done with it?

  18. #78
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You think its weak because you don't want to listen to the facts of the story. Thats all I'm using here, nothings fabricated. infact I'm using more solid facts in the story here then on the latest Thrall bashing thread.
    Can this just be moved to the RP / Story forum ffs, this is sillyness.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  19. #79
    Trassk you gotta quote what you are seeing in that link of yours because just like the other guy, i can't see it either. It doesn't say anything about how Garrosh was feeling, or HIS talk of peace or talk with anduin. I did read some parts of what I've quoted tho' Like how Varian and Thrall were friendly like untill the twilight confusion. I ain't big into wow lore so link/quote everything you say so people won't think you are just making things up or whatever.

  20. #80
    Field Marshal Cloud2038's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Utah/Azeroth
    Posts
    86
    Varian is not the problem and is not responsible for this war in the slightest. If anything he has shown way too much restraint which annoys us alliance players. The Orcs have ALWAYS been the problem. They were on their world and now they are here on OUR world causing headache and problems for everyone. They are the reason we are at war. ALL of the other horde races except forsaken would get along just fine with the Alliance to a certain degree. Loooooong before demon taint they were still warmongering idiots killing other races and each other. Then the taint came and it made it worse. They invaded our world, got beat, lost the taint, escaped their camps, and are doing it all over again. Why dont they just go back home? Why do they insist and fighting all the time? More importantly, how do all the races of azeroth not see this obvious pattern and just deport them??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •