Thread: New PC Build

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb New PC Build

hey guys im sorry ive reposted a thread again but there's been a change of plan, a guy gave me a great build but i'm looking to go a bit further with it. i've been told to get an i7 by numerous people and i was wondering if anybody can give me an i7 upgrade of this version please

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: DEFINE R3 USB3.0 BLACK PEARL - ALREADY BOUGHT
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card

Thanks guys

Deleted
    whom told you to get a i7? (also for what reason(s)/needs?)

my brother, he said i'm going to have to eventually get it so it might as well be now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oloral View Post
    my brother, he said i'm going to have to eventually get it so it might as well be now?
    that makes no sense, amount of games that support quadcore isn't that many already. I7 with HT is so far only giving a minor performance gain in BF3 but no other games that i know of. (still an i5-3570k won't hold you back any time soon , GPU is still the 9/10 times the weak link a in PC)
    ask him for actual arguments instead of something as fluffly as you are going to need it eventually? (because that reason lacks any foundation to be based on)

Deleted
    What's your budget? You're based in the UK so I could point you in the right direction for good prices.
    Last edited by mmoc7f933b7749; 2013-02-25 at 07:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oloral View Post
    Not really true. The i5 will be fine until the next line of cpus come out, and will still be decent after that.

ok ive dumped the i7 idea off

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: DEFINE R3 USB3.0 BLACK PEARL - ALREADY BOUGHT
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card

you guys are happy with this?? any adjustments before i go and buy it all?

Deleted
    why not a Z77 chipset? and wiser to get low profile RAM. (LP)
    gpu could also be a 660Ti both perform on par just check which of the two gpu's performs best in the games you play the most.

also do you have a powersupply already?

Deleted
    It looks good.

I would try to fit a 7870 XT(Tahiti LE) in the budget if you can, it is quite a bit more powerful than the normal 7870 and doesn't cost much more.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    why not a Z77 chipset?
    To be honest, I don't see a benefit of a $100 Z7Z over a $75 Z75
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    To be honest, I don't see a benefit of a $100 Z7Z over a $75 Z75
    no option to expand to SLI/CF in the future and lack of intel SRT? (srt is almost a moot point but if no SSD present in the rig a small caching ssd can make quite the difference)
    also from what i've read z75 boards use lesser quality parts.

$25 to be sure of quality and have future expand options is worth it in my book tbh.

Yeah I start to worry about capacitor quality at $75 unless its a micro ATX board. Tend to make sure it still says "All Solid Caps" or w/e.

The 3570K is an i5, but it's pretty much the recommended CPU atm for anyone. The 3770K is $100 more, but doesn't really have performance gains for gaming -- the HT only comes into play for video editing, etc.

my PSU is 550W antec VP550P so guys can we get some sort of agreement here? it's hard for me to purchase

Deleted
    i think few would object to a 3570k + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157296
    would save you having to buy ram aswell ^^

I don't see any major disagreements here, Oloral. Just some minor quibbles over the fine points of the GPU.

One thing you may want to do is go with Cas7 latency version for the RAM instead of the standard Cas9. That tends to be more important than raw speed.

It seems that TESO will benefit from an i7 (Yay, finally a gaming reason for my purchase, so happy) but if you aren't looking forward to it and you don't do heavy work related tasks with your PC, there is absolutely no reason to get an i7 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    It seems that TESO will benefit from an i7 (Yay, finally a gaming reason for my purchase, so happy) but if you aren't looking forward to it and you don't do heavy work related tasks with your PC, there is absolutely no reason to get an i7 at this point.
    Got any source on that? Preferably one with some decent numbers as well.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

only tamriel foundry's FAQ that was linked by Zenimax Online on Twitter. Any numbers etc. could be breaking NDA at this time so can't back it up with numbers at this moment. What we do know is that it will be utilizing the Havok Physics engine and that it will utilize multi core technology. If this is correct we might see the first game where having an i7 actually matters in terms of performance. Probably won't be much difference anyway, but for us people that has to buy an i7 it would be fun to see a game where having one gives better performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    only tamriel foundry's FAQ that was linked by Zenimax Online on Twitter. Any numbers etc. could be breaking NDA at this time so can't back it up with numbers at this moment. What we do know is that it will be utilizing the Havok Physics engine and that it will utilize multi core technology. If this is correct we might see the first game where having an i7 actually matters in terms of performance. Probably won't be much difference anyway, but for us people that has to buy an i7 it would be fun to see a game where having one gives better performance.
    how does BF3 not use HT then according to you?