Thread: Break-up

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Break-up

Hi lads.

Just broke it off with my gf after 4 months. I realize that this was a real short relationship, but I can't get over how well I'm actually feeling. I mean, the only thing that's gotten me abit down, is her sadness.

My question to you is; How do you feel after a break-up? Do you sob for months, or do you get back on the horse after a couple of hours?

misread post. my bad.

If you weren't happy in the relationship, you weren't giving her your best. She will be fine. Just don't talk to her. Mucking her around if the worst thing you can do.

Depends. If it's a short one, I usually get over it in a day or two. If it's a long one (1 year+) then it takes time, but you get over it.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2013-02-25 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Can't say, I've only been in 1 serious relationship with the person i'm still with.
    But from what i read you aren't sad but she is? And so you're feeling sad because she isn't taking it well?

Deleted
    At first I get sad, then realise all the money I can now spend on me and all the things about them that annoyed me.

I didn't need her anyway.

Ummm, before my current relation ship like 3 years ago I broke up with my girlfriend of a year and a half. It was actually rough for me as well, but I just made sure I didn't let it get to me.

If you're young, make sure you have some fun now that you're single. Don't go on the rebound looking for another chick to date.

I tried to remain friends with her after too, and she totally ignores me now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took about a month or two. I was at first sad, but started realizing that I was the punk. She was the one that went out cheating and kinda made me feel like it was me that caused her habitual unfaithfulness. So my sadness turned to anger. How anyone can treat their BF like the way she did me, I have no idea. You wouldn't really lie and cheat your friends would you, let alone your BF or GF.

Why did you break up with her?

Everyone's different. First few days were the hardest for me. Didn't want to even live. But hey, I'm still here, and glad that I didn't do something stupid. It gets better. If you were me, you'd just become bored of pain and find something interesting to do. May be spend time with your parents, if you're close.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the relationship, if you know you aren't meant for eachother you won't feel as bad when the break-up comes. However if you actually thought you belong together then it will be harder to get over, if you ever get over it. Eitherway for me I would say a day max :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I never feel good after a break-up since mine always end with having to pay people to leave my house...

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsia View Post
    Can't say, I've only been in 1 serious relationship with the person i'm still with.
    But from what i read you aren't sad but she is? And so you're feeling sad because she isn't taking it well?
    Correct. It's a little odd for me, but that's it. She begged me to reconsider, but I felt that, that would only drag it out even more.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Why did you break up with her?
    Because I didn't feel it was going anywhere. I had been thinking about it for quite some time, seeing as it just didn't feel right anymore. No particular reason, just slided apart I guess.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think there's anything weird about it, it was only a 4 month relationship, there's only so much you could've bonded. Also, since you were thinking about it for some time, it was obviously inevitable in your head and that would've given you plenty of time to prepare. She on the other hand, would understandably feel worse since it "came outta nowhere". I'd actually find it weird if you did spend alot of time feeling sad, since you obviously weren't really into the relationship past the honeymoon stage, which must've been really short too (considering how it's only been 4 months and you were already thinking of breaking up for some time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braathan123 View Post
    Hi lads.

Just broke it off with my gf after 4 months. I realize that this was a real short relationship, but I can't get over how well I'm actually feeling. I mean, the only thing that's gotten me abit down, is her sadness.

My question to you is; How do you feel after a break-up? Do you sob for months, or do you get back on the horse after a couple of hours?
    So you break up with her, She is sad, Your happy and gloating on mmo champ, shes better off.

Deleted
    If I do the breaking up, i´m happy. If she does i´m not. Pretty logical to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    When my ex wife left me I got drunk and masturbated furiously for about a week. Then I got over it. I had been fighting it for a while. But I knew it was going nowhere. You know you're off to a bad start if you're telling yourself "Don't say I do, don't say I do" "I DO" "GODDAMN IT!!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    So you break up with her, She is sad, Your happy and gloating on mmo champ, shes better off.
    It's on his mind and he wanted to talk about it. He's not "gloating" and she's not likely to read it anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    When my ex wife left me I got drunk and masturbated furiously for about a week. Then I got over it. I had been fighting it for a while. But I knew it was going nowhere. You know you're off to a bad start if you're telling yourself "Don't say I do, don't say I do" "I DO" "GODDAMN IT!!!!!"
    I'm curious, what was the reason for carrying through with it? If you were truly thinking that, what forced you to even start the event? Wouldn't it seem more troublesome to deal with the whole divorce thing later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Bahaha, that was almost me :-P Got into a serious relationship with a chick that I didn't really find attractive, and definitely not someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but attempted to put a ring on it anyway. probably just out of desperation, knowing I'd have a hard time finding a replacement (which I have). Thankfully, in a rather bitter way, she cheated on me while I was in Iraq and broke off the engagement. Bitch even kept the rings. But at least she saved me the trouble of a divorce, I guess.

OP, I've never been the one to break off my relationships - both times they cheated on me and left me. So I was very bitter about it, not sad, I broke off all contact with them, and wished very evil things to happen to them. Karma ended up (sadly) getting one of them for good, and the other isn't having a great life either. She has gained almost 100 lbs and is diabetic now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    I'm curious, what was the reason for carrying through with it? If you were truly thinking that, what forced you to even start the event? Wouldn't it seem more troublesome to deal with the whole divorce thing later?
    I was stupid. Nothing forced me to do it, I was just stupid and thought shit might change. But the divorce was smooth, she made the mistake of leaving me a voicemail saying she cheated on me and left for another man. So I made her pay for it and never looked back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get angry about it, beat myself up over it, eat a tub of ice cream or hotpockets, swear off all serious relationships until i'm 30, and beat off like i get a buck for every ejaculation for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by frunken View Post
    It's on his mind and he wanted to talk about it. He's not "gloating" and she's not likely to read it anyway.
    welcome to the internet

if you post something you want to talk to other people about then you must be an attention whore