Thread: Break-up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braathan123 View Post

My question to you is; How do you feel after a break-up? Do you sob for months, or do you get back on the horse after a couple of hours?
    My only real breakups were all due to either my job or hers, never really sad about it and remained friends (more or less, distance and stuff) since then. And I don't understand why people cry for months about "lost" girlfriends and stuff, when you break up you did it either because it didn't work (or didn't get fixed) or more "professional" reasons, none to be sad about imho.
    Last edited by DieFichte; 2013-02-26 at 10:31 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I was stupid. Nothing forced me to do it, I was just stupid and thought shit might change. But the divorce was smooth, she made the mistake of leaving me a voicemail saying she cheated on me and left for another man. So I made her pay for it and never looked back.
    Ah ok. Good that she paid for it. Faith can be abit misplaced at times, but I wish you the best of luck in future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be a drama queen when I was 16~17 years old. Now I'm 25 and I can get "back to the horse" pretty fast. I guess you need a few break ups to learn that rejection is part of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    A relationship that short I probably think about it for a total of a few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Hard to say. I've only had 2 serious relationships, the second one is still going strong.
    When my ex and I split, I felt immense relief. It had dragged out far longer than it should have, so I 'got over' it very quickly.
    If things went south with my boyfriend now though, I'd probably be devastated and it would take some getting over.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    I generally leave my beard to grow after as a sob method. A few months then shave it and it's time to move on!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had an easy break up.. It's always suffering, looking for reasons that aren't there, blaming yourself or someone else..

Looking for options on getting back together is always a favorite of mine too..

As you've said yourself, 4 months aren't that much, just try to hang out with friends and not leave yourself enough time to think about it..

Best of luck! (huggies)
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

I tend to get over them pretty fast. It was dealing with the emptiness part afterwards that sucked. I wouldn't even call it emptiness, just a 'oh crap, they're not here.' That's it.

Now, if my husband and I broke up, divorced... etc. That would take me a while to get over. I'm sure I'd go through all the major stages of loss :P More then anything, I'd be pissed off. But it really depends on the circumstances.. etc.

Thanks for all the great replies. There's no correct answer on how you're supposed to feel, I guess. Again, thanks for sharing your stories

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Ah ok. Good that she paid for it. Faith can be abit misplaced at times, but I wish you the best of luck in future.
    Yeah that was years ago, 6 years actually. I met a great woman on WoW, turns out we had RL connections met up and been great since. Married her in 2010 and didn't tell myself no this time lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.