1. #1

    [BUG] Lava Burst low numbers on Sha heroic

    Hello,

    I seem to have noticed a bug related to lava burst and since i wasn't able to find the eu wow bug forum I thought I'd qq here.

    While whiping through sha heroic, I've noticed that while opening with Ascendance,BL (in addition to Lei's Hope) some (pretty much all except first 2-3) lava Bursts were hitting for around 50k less than what they should. I'll copy paste a fragment of a log so you can get a clear picture of what i mean:

    [21:48:32.464] Kaeltor gains Elemental Blast from Kaeltor
    [21:48:32.751] Kaeltor gains Bloodlust from Kaeltor
    [21:48:32.751] Kaeltor afflicted by Sated from Kaeltor
    [21:48:33.625] Kaeltor gains Jade Spirit from Unknown
    [21:48:33.625] Kaeltor gains Blessing of the Celestials from Kaeltor
    [21:48:33.962] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:36.072] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *160027*
    [21:48:36.488] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:37.392] Kaeltor gains Potion of the Jade Serpent from Kaeltor
    [21:48:37.392] Kaeltor gains Ascendance from Kaeltor
    [21:48:37.392] Kaeltor gains Spiritwalker's Grace from Kaeltor
    [21:48:38.047] Kaeltor gains Stormlash Totem from Stormlash Totem
    [21:48:38.402] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:38.491] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *119357*
    [21:48:39.400] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:39.686] Kaeltor gains Inner Brilliance from Kaeltor
    [21:48:40.416] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:40.441] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *208199*
    [21:48:40.498] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:41.409] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:41.433] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *209498*
    [21:48:42.421] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:42.446] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *229271*
    [21:48:42.538] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *156691*
    [21:48:43.448] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:43.448] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *231015*
    [21:48:43.791] Kaeltor gains Serpent's Swiftness from Unknown
    [21:48:44.114] Kaeltor gains Battle Shout from Spankor
    [21:48:44.404] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst

    //this is where the anomaly seems to happen. I have around 46k spell power up, i still have Inner Brilliance (elagon trinket lasts 20s), jade serpent pot (lasts 25s), Jade spirit weapon enchant proc and the Blessing of the celestials (darkmoon fair trinket proc lasts 15s)

    [21:48:44.458] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *186432*
    [21:48:44.557] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *138964*
    [21:48:45.586] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:45.586] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *185874*
    [21:48:46.163] Kaeltor gains Lava Surge from Kaeltor
    [21:48:46.492] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:46.492] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *186314*
    [21:48:46.522] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:46.618] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *139751*
    [21:48:47.017] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *178161*
    [21:48:47.412] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:47.466] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *178401*
    [21:48:47.773] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *178759*
    [21:48:48.446] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:49.444] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:49.444] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *177751*
    [21:48:49.735] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:50.426] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:50.455] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *163325*
    [21:48:50.577] Kaeltor gains Jade Spirit from Unknown
    [21:48:51.470] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:51.470] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *162307*
    [21:48:51.847] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *111001*
    [21:48:52.437] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:52.465] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *170857*
    [21:48:53.459] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *170146*
    [21:48:54.510] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *170774*
    [21:48:54.688] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *128510*
    [21:48:55.090] Kaeltor gains Elemental Blast from Kaeltor
    [21:48:56.672] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *128035*

    As you can see even thou my spell power stays the same my lava burst goes from 230k to 180k. This has consistently happened on every i had on Sha heroic with Lei's hope buff active (i have a lot more log examples this is just the last one).

    Please share your thoughts and also if you have any idea where/how i should report this to blizzard.


    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Maybe you screwed up synchronizing Ascendance with banner from your war?

  3. #3
    From 230k to 180k that's more than 20% (30% for ele even).
    I normally crit for 230k, my guess is Lei's hope is somehow gimping lava burst scaling.

  4. #4
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    990
    My log from our kill tonight: http://pastebin.com/BVpQRVfQ

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rzvme View Post
    Hello,

    I seem to have noticed a bug related to lava burst and since i wasn't able to find the eu wow bug forum I thought I'd qq here.

    While whiping through sha heroic, I've noticed that while opening with Ascendance,BL (in addition to Lei's Hope) some (pretty much all except first 2-3) lava Bursts were hitting for around 50k less than what they should. I'll copy paste a fragment of a log so you can get a clear picture of what i mean:

    [21:48:32.464] Kaeltor gains Elemental Blast from Kaeltor
    [21:48:32.751] Kaeltor gains Bloodlust from Kaeltor
    [21:48:32.751] Kaeltor afflicted by Sated from Kaeltor
    [21:48:33.625] Kaeltor gains Jade Spirit from Unknown
    [21:48:33.625] Kaeltor gains Blessing of the Celestials from Kaeltor
    [21:48:33.962] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:36.072] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *160027*
    [21:48:36.488] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:37.392] Kaeltor gains Potion of the Jade Serpent from Kaeltor
    [21:48:37.392] Kaeltor gains Ascendance from Kaeltor
    [21:48:37.392] Kaeltor gains Spiritwalker's Grace from Kaeltor
    [21:48:38.047] Kaeltor gains Stormlash Totem from Stormlash Totem
    [21:48:38.402] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:38.491] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *119357*
    [21:48:39.400] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:39.686] Kaeltor gains Inner Brilliance from Kaeltor
    [21:48:40.416] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:40.441] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *208199*
    [21:48:40.498] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:41.409] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:41.433] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *209498*
    [21:48:42.421] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:42.446] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *229271*
    [21:48:42.538] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *156691*
    [21:48:43.448] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:43.448] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *231015*
    [21:48:43.791] Kaeltor gains Serpent's Swiftness from Unknown
    [21:48:44.114] Kaeltor gains Battle Shout from Spankor
    [21:48:44.404] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst

    //this is where the anomaly seems to happen. I have around 46k spell power up, i still have Inner Brilliance (elagon trinket lasts 20s), jade serpent pot (lasts 25s), Jade spirit weapon enchant proc and the Blessing of the celestials (darkmoon fair trinket proc lasts 15s)

    [21:48:44.458] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *186432*
    [21:48:44.557] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *138964*
    [21:48:45.586] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:45.586] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *185874*
    [21:48:46.163] Kaeltor gains Lava Surge from Kaeltor
    [21:48:46.492] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:46.492] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *186314*
    [21:48:46.522] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:46.618] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *139751*
    [21:48:47.017] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *178161*
    [21:48:47.412] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:47.466] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *178401*
    [21:48:47.773] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *178759*
    [21:48:48.446] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:49.444] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:49.444] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *177751*
    [21:48:49.735] Kaeltor gains Clearcasting from Kaeltor
    [21:48:50.426] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:50.455] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *163325*
    [21:48:50.577] Kaeltor gains Jade Spirit from Unknown
    [21:48:51.470] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:51.470] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *162307*
    [21:48:51.847] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *111001*
    [21:48:52.437] Kaeltor begins to cast Lava Burst
    [21:48:52.465] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *170857*
    [21:48:53.459] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *170146*
    [21:48:54.510] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *170774*
    [21:48:54.688] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *128510*
    [21:48:55.090] Kaeltor gains Elemental Blast from Kaeltor
    [21:48:56.672] Kaeltor Lava Burst Sha of Fear *128035*

    As you can see even thou my spell power stays the same my lava burst goes from 230k to 180k. This has consistently happened on every i had on Sha heroic with Lei's hope buff active (i have a lot more log examples this is just the last one).

    Please share your thoughts and also if you have any idea where/how i should report this to blizzard.


    Thank you!
    Skull banner? Can't really tell without the full log.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Xanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    L'Aquila
    Posts
    419
    This is OT but..

    Can you explain me how does skull banner buff lava burst?
    "Man knows- he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."


  7. #7
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    This is OT but..

    Can you explain me how does skull banner buff lava burst?
    If a spell crits for 100 then while skull banner is up it will crit for 120

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    This is OT but..

    Can you explain me how does skull banner buff lava burst?
    YEs a lot of people think that the banner increases Crit chance... but it increases Crit Damage.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Xanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    L'Aquila
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    YEs a lot of people think that the banner increases Crit chance... but it increases Crit Damage.
    This explains a lot of things to me, thanks!
    "Man knows- he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."


  10. #10
    Give us a proper log <.<, but yeah, it's most lileky skull banner, the drop is approx 20% and it's 12 sec after fight starts, so fits quite well.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    YEs a lot of people think that the banner increases Crit chance... but it increases Crit Damage.
    That has been bugging me for so long now thank you very much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •