Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    It's not a non-partisan objective list, especially when it is used by the OP to say that it is "all their fault" meaning Democrats.
    I don't really consider the validity of the list when it's used badly. As far as I'm concerned most of what's on there is a problem, and illustrates wonderfully just how ridiculous our governing body actually is. My only caveat is that it's not just some new phenomenon, but rather something that's gotten notably worse since the Bush administration.

So the missing computers from 2001 is Obama's fault?

Just the fact you copied and pasted all this information from The Heritage is enough to know you are absolutely ridiculous.
    what part of "all" did you not understand I did not say the waste is Obama fault what I am saying Obama would rather layoff people then stop the waste, fraud and foolish spending

Each agency that their future growth of their budget gets cut can make up for those cuts without laying any one off by cutting back on their fraud and wasteful spending

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I am saying Obama would rather layoff people then stop the waste, fraud and foolish spending
    So let me say it once again: since Obama wants to lay people off, that's why he's currently waging a PR campaign against the Sequester? What kind of logic is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed, the list doesn't include the billions of tax money we are hiding here for your citizens. But then, you can't have those back, we need to finace our economy too.

But it's a good laugh how bad some peoples understanding of the sequester is: Nobody wants to make small changes, you create a f'ing abnormal crazy huge plan of changes that all are scared off, reasonable politicians would work on it to not have to go through that crazy plan...FAIL! (I'm not to familiar with the details on who failed what of this, in my eyes, pretty logical plan. It seems pretty stupid for one side to blame the other for step 2 and not for failing step 3 though, it's like stupid stupid)

what part of "all" did you not understand I did not say the waste is Obama fault what I am saying Obama would rather layoff people then stop the waste, fraud and foolish spending

Each agency that their future growth of their budget gets cut can make up for those cuts without laying any one off by cutting back on their fraud and wasteful spending
    I think you should send this text to your representant in Washington, unless North Korea dropps accidently a nuke on congress/senate while in session, Obama has not the power to get by a blocking parlament, last I checked, being president and stuff isn't enough I guess.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account

Perhaps he should lay off all those brand new departments in the government that did not exist until after he became president. After all, he is the executive so is the one in charge of such decisions...is he not?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, while including a list with spending from 2001, when the Republican Party had control of all 3 branches of government. That evil Obama had control in 2001, despite every branch of federal government being republican controlled.

You need an independent agency to cut fraud, because people who commit fraud, would let jobs get cut instead of stoping. Needing more resources to fight fraud is incongruous with spending cuts.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Wait, didn't the white house design the sequester in the first place?
    These are not the droids you are looking for.

The distinct problem with the president is that to the left he's infallible. He's great as basketball!! while cameras aren't allowed in ever to show him being great at basketball. Barack Barack!!!! Did you beat Tiger? (lolz to that one). Everything he has done and is doing IS exactly what the left wing craves. There is no reach across the aisle with him except in "made for TV" events. Everything is the republicans fault, nothing is his fault. Zero accountability for him, 100% credit for anything positive; most of the time they spin the negative as a positive for him, or just start making things up (Recovery Summer!!!!).

His inability to even attempt to work out a deal got us the shadow of the budget sequester. His continued lack of attempting to work our a deal past "my way or I attack you on tv" has us on the edge of it... and he's still playing the same game. I expect another "open mic" moment where he pulls the "The republicans really want to destroy the country" and maybe this time he can get Bill Clinton (Disbarred attorney, adulterer, perjurer, and all around flat out lie teller) to agree.

Look at how the left created a phantom universe where Bill Clinton is respected. Hell, he didn't even need rehabilitating, it was just "absolved".

The left's bubble is unbreachable.

Everything is attack the messenger or accuse of own crimes. It's insult or accuse of what they do. It's crazy, but in the delusional construct they call reality you can never make a point... even when supported by facts.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Perhaps he should lay off all those brand new departments in the government that did not exist until after he became president. After all, he is the executive so is the one in charge of such decisions...is he not?
    You can only execute what was decided, and decisions are the parlaments job. But normally people learn that in social studies, basic school and so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    M'eh. Every bit of The Sequestergeddon's cuts could be obtained by simply cutting the pay and benefits of all non-military Federal Employees by 3%. There is an argument for that, since the pay & benefits of Federal workers has been increasing while the pay and benefits of the private sector have decreased. Logically speaking, the pay and benefits of federal workers should not be going up while those of the private sector are going down. When that happens there is something rotten in Denmark.

There - problem solved. No program is cut. Just the artificially high level of Federal worker pay and benefits. Gee - if it can be done this painlessly and simply then I wonder why it isn't on the table? Oh - yeah - the Federal government is so corrupt and greedy that they can't possibly cut $1 lousy dollar without treating it like the end of the world.

This wouldn't be a problem if Republicans open up to the idea of not raising taxes for top 2 percent they so fiercely protect. Closing loopholes only the richest can take advantage of. This is a direct loss of revenue right there. Since Republicans raised taxes on top 1 percent of county they feel we should cut entitlements. This is a factor why the GOP is so massively unpopular.

They're protecting 2 percent of America. Instead of 98 percent of it. You know Most Republicans are even against raising the federal wage from 7 dollars to 9 dollars when Obama announced that plan. It's transparent who they protect. This could all be avoided if Republicans close loop holes only people like Mitt Romney can afford. The polls show is forced spending cuts go through.

Majority of Americans will blame the Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    snip
    But the distinct problem with the right is they intentionally tried to make him a one term president by not reaching across the line and actually came out and said it. But that's alright with you. Both sides are to blame, and right now both sides need to give up something but the Republicans won't have any of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    M'eh. Every bit of The Sequestergeddon's cuts could be obtained by simply cutting the pay and benefits of all non-military Federal Employees by 3%. There is an argument for that, since the pay & benefits of Federal workers has been increasing while the pay and benefits of the private sector have decreased. Logically speaking, the pay and benefits of federal workers should not be going up while those of the private sector are going down. When that happens there is something rotten in Denmark.

There - problem solved. No program is cut. Just the artificially high level of Federal worker pay and benefits. Gee - if it can be done this painlessly and simply then I wonder why it isn't on the table? Oh - yeah - the Federal government is so corrupt and greedy that they can't possibly cut $1 lousy dollar without treating it like the end of the world.
    The problem is that what you would end up with is a 3% layoff rather then a 3% pay cut.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So let me say it once again: since Obama wants to lay people off, that's why he's currently waging a PR campaign against the Sequester? What kind of logic is this?
    what I'm trying to point out he would rather demagog and run around like chicken little and try to scare every one with all these lay offs then stop the waste fraud and foolish spending what I'm trying to point out that the sequester can happen and no one will get laid off if you just stop the waste fraud and foolish spending and again I'm not saying Obama is it fault for the waste fraud and foolish spending but he does have the power to change it

But the distinct problem with the right is they intentionally tried to make him a one term president by not reaching across the line and actually came out and said it. But that's alright with you. Both sides are to blame, and right now both sides need to give up something but the Republicans won't have any of it.
    You are talking like the left didn't spend 2 years claiming Bush didn't win in 2000 and then 2 more say "1 term president like his daddy".

They did... I know the bubble extends far and it protects from facts that might hurt. But those are facts, that's politics.

But thanks for continuing the theme.

Both sides are to blame, and right now both sides need to give up something but the Republicans won't have any of it
    This sentence is exactly the problem. "both are to blame" but only the republicans are to blame. How is that sentence allowed to exist in reality? It's Obama who won't have any of it, he refuses to curtail spending and keeps trying to spend more.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are not the droids you are looking for.

The distinct problem with the president is that to the left he's infallible. He's great as basketball!! while cameras aren't allowed in ever to show him being great at basketball. Barack Barack!!!! Did you beat Tiger? (lolz to that one). Everything he has done and is doing IS exactly what the left wing craves. There is no reach across the aisle with him except in "made for TV" events. Everything is the republicans fault, nothing is his fault. Zero accountability for him, 100% credit for anything positive; most of the time they spin the negative as a positive for him, or just start making things up (Recovery Summer!!!!).

His inability to even attempt to work out a deal got us the shadow of the budget sequester. His continued lack of attempting to work our a deal past "my way or I attack you on tv" has us on the edge of it... and he's still playing the same game. I expect another "open mic" moment where he pulls the "The republicans really want to destroy the country" and maybe this time he can get Bill Clinton (Disbarred attorney, adulterer, perjurer, and all around flat out lie teller) to agree.

Look at how the left created a phantom universe where Bill Clinton is respected. Hell, he didn't even need rehabilitating, it was just "absolved".

The left's bubble is unbreachable.

Everything is attack the messenger or accuse of own crimes. It's insult or accuse of what they do. It's crazy, but in the delusional construct they call reality you can never make a point... even when supported by facts.
    First like your sig.

Second...I hope you're joking because i know plenty of people who may like Obama but by no means find him infallible...I DO however know alot of people who seem to STILL think Bush was the greatest thing next to god and could do no wrong and everything he lied/did wrong was just a left wing lie....Yeah i know people like that.

And for the record i support neither party in that way. They're both corrupt as all get out...I just see the democrats as closer to my views and a bit less corrupt.

I'm not saying Obama is it fault for the waste fraud and foolish spending but he does have the power to change it
    No, he doesn't. The sequester is law. Congress needs to pass a bill to change it first. This is how our system of government works.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are talking like the left didn't spend 2 years claiming Bush didn't win in 2000 and then 2 more say "1 term president like his daddy".

They did... I know the bubble extends far and it protects from facts that might hurt. But those are facts, that's politics.

But thanks for continuing the theme.

This sentence is exactly the problem. "both are to blame" but only the republicans are to blame. How is that sentence allowed to exist in reality? It's Obama who won't have any of it, he refuses to curtail spending and keeps trying to spend more.
    Both sides are to blame for where we are today, but Republicans won't even negotiate. Better worded for you, or intentionally being argumentative for fun?

And what exactly makes you think I am "left"? Because I can see shit going on with both parties, and in this case the Republican? Boehner has even said of this sequester that Obama is getting nothing. Flat out.

That's the problem with the "right". Anyone who doesn't agree with them is automatically a liberal hippy. Goes both ways there, buddy.
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-02-26 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    This wouldn't be a problem if Republicans open up to the idea of not raising taxes for top 2 percent they so fiercely protect. Closing loopholes only the richest can take advantage of. This is a direct loss of revenue right there. Since Republicans raised taxes on top 1 percent of county they feel we should cut entitlements. This is a factor why the GOP is so massively unpopular.

They're protecting 2 percent of America. Instead of 98 percent of it. You know Most Republicans are even against raising the federal wage from 7 dollars to 9 dollars when Obama announced that plan. It's transparent who they protect. This could all be avoided if Republicans close loop holes only people like Mitt Romney can afford. The polls show is forced spending cuts go through.

Majority of Americans will blame the Republicans.
    And how much of that 2% actually help absolve the federal government of the actual problem that is spending more than they take in? Even if they taxed them to 100% it still wouldn't be enough to actually do anything significant. They'd just end up like France who see there people move somewhere else.

All this talk is nonsense, it comes down to whether or not the government has the balls (which it doesn't) to cut ALL spending. Defense, SS, Medicare, Health Care, etc... to the point where we are not only solvent but don't have to borrow money and can PAY back our creditors. It's a long way to go considering how much we are in debt anyway.

I don't care if it's Republicans or Democrats or Independents. This country cannot continue on it's current course much longer. At least the Republicans have some sense in recognizing that, even if they don't want to raise taxes (which they should be willing to do if it means they can win other votes). The Democrats only favor increased social programs, and any cuts they are willing to make are to other programs which don't have costs that are spiraling out of control.

In the end, both parties have to put their fatted calves on the table for sacrifice. If they don't it doesn't matter WHAT they do.

what I'm trying to point out he would rather demagog and run around like chicken little and try to scare every one with all these lay offs then stop the waste fraud and foolish spending what I'm trying to point out that the sequester can happen and no one will get laid off if you just stop the waste fraud and foolish spending and again I'm not saying Obama is it fault for the waste fraud and foolish spending but he does have the power to change it
    No, he doesn't. The President proposes a budget and signs an approved budget into law. The Congress has to approve the budget though and that's where things are being held up despite the President giving Republicans a majority of what they want from the budget. You should probably take a civics course.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    First like your sig.

Second...I hope you're joking because i know plenty of people who may like Obama but by no means find him infallible...I DO however know alot of people who seem to STILL think Bush was the greatest thing next to god and could do no wrong and everything he lied/did wrong was just a left wing lie....Yeah i know people like that.

And for the record i support neither party in that way. They're both corrupt as all get out...I just see the democrats as closer to my views and a bit less corrupt.
    Most people here will never ever read the book my sig is from. ever.

I don't know anyone who thinks Bush was a good president. The best support for him is generally he was damned if he did or damned if he didn't. There is no illusion about me that I will vote for a republican over a democrat 90% of the time, so I would have to know someone that still thinks Bush was the greatest thing next to god and could do no wrong. I don't.

But here the funny thing... Bill Clinton was a proven liar. Bush was never proven to have lied. You figure out the punch line.