Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    I heard they found a bag of skittles in the guys pocket.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  2. #42
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,850
    I hope the man did not have a Ruff time in hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I hope the man did not have a Ruff time in hospital.
    I hope he does :P This was natural selection trying to catch up with someone that clearly defied it at birth.

  4. #44

  5. #45
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    17,034
    Too funny... lol

    The article says the cops never heard of such case..
    Reminded me of that TV show "1000 ways to die".. A show about most bizzare ways and reasons of people dying... once in a while I've watched that. In one episode they had a hunter who was shot dead by a snake. He was snake hunting, and at some point mother nature called. So he put his gun down on a tree stump, while standing next to it to take a piss....
    Meanwhile a snake moved up, somehow it got around the rifle, and released the trigger.. The guy stood so unlucky, that the bullet entered from below his chin upwards into his brain.. DEAD.... Shot, and killed by a snake...

  6. #46
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,216
    Aww man....

    Why can't we ever have happy news:

    Random man ate chocolate bar, police say.

  7. #47
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Aww man....

    Why can't we ever have happy news:

    Random man ate chocolate bar, police say.
    Muffin, spouse of chocolate bar, shot man dead in revenge attack!

    The story does seem odd, but it would probably not sound as silly if it read "gun accidentally discharges whilst being stored loaded and without safety on, killing owner" The fact it was a dog that knocked the gun over is more than enough spin for news outlets to go to town on it.

  8. #48
    The only thing to stop a bad dog with a gun, is a good dog with a gun.

  9. #49
    Guns don't kill people deranged dogs and cooking ovens kill people.
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

    Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

  10. #50
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,761
    "Dog kicked a gun that was on the truck's floor"
    "Lanier said he was driving along State Road 17 North when the dog kicked "the unloaded .380 pistol." It went on to say that Lanier was "surprised" to learn not only that the gun was loaded, but also that it was actually a 9mm weapon, not a .380."

    So he kept a gun on the floor of his vehicle, Didn't know it was loaded, and didn't know the caliber of the gun. This is why you need tighter gun regulations. People like this are a danger to themselves, and those around them. I also want to know how a dog was able to squeeze the trigger on the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  11. #51
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    "Dog kicked a gun that was on the truck's floor"
    "Lanier said he was driving along State Road 17 North when the dog kicked "the unloaded .380 pistol." It went on to say that Lanier was "surprised" to learn not only that the gun was loaded, but also that it was actually a 9mm weapon, not a .380."

    So he kept a gun on the floor of his vehicle, Didn't know it was loaded, and didn't know the caliber of the gun. This is why you need tighter gun regulations. People like this are a danger to themselves, and those around them. I also want to know how a dog was able to squeeze the trigger on the gun.
    He may have put his paw through the trigger guard, squeezing the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    I also want to know how a dog was able to squeeze the trigger on the gun.
    I'm gonna say we don't have the full story. It's possible he shot himself by accident and blamed the dog.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    He may have put his paw through the trigger guard, squeezing the trigger.
    I usually find a pistol to be the perfect toy for a dog and make sure to keep it loaded with the safety off while I'm at it. I bet his cat was having an affair with the dog and the dog just wanted the guy out of the way so they could be together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Luckily, since it's Florida, the dog can use the Stand Your Ground defense.
    I'm not so sure, it's going to be the owner's word against the dog's word.

    Also, doesn't SYG require that an altercation is taking place?

    From the sounds of it they were just driving around looking to pick up bitches...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans Sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,730
    Just when I thought Florida couldn't get any crazier. I don't go within a thousand miles of that state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Come to Detroit for the beer and crumbling architecture.

    Stay in Detroit because someone stole your passport.

  16. #56
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,945
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Just when I thought Florida couldn't get any crazier. I don't go within a thousand miles of that state.
    Don't worry I live here just stay out of North Florida and some parts of Miami and you'll have a blast here.

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Guns don't kill people deranged dogs and cooking ovens kill people.
    I now have a new sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    Guns don't kill people deranged dogs and cooking ovens kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    We went to Iraq in search of WMD's but found none. I guess they dont have pressure cookers over there : (

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,574
    I laughed is that bad?

    Also let's ban dogs and replace them with kitties.

  19. #59
    Fluffy Kitten Taurenburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Related story in that link: Woman shot by her friends oven.
    Haha, read it aswell. It's silly how inattentive people can be.

  20. #60
    The Insane smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    15,522
    This is why we have REGULATIONS on how and where you can store weapons and ammunition...because some people are just plain IDIOTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •