1. #1

    Engine of Nalak'Sha, Y'Shaarj and Garrosh (Speculation/5.2 spoliers)

    Why Pandaria? What were the Mogu sent to protect? Or destroy? -Wrathion

    With all we've been told from Ra-Den and Wrathion in 5.2, mentioning of a 'yawning chasm' and something evil beneath Pandaria. Now, we know whenever there's talks of something buried beneath Azeroth, it is almost always connected to the Old Gods. And guess what, theres a dead Old God somewhere in Pandaria. So, it is obvious that whatever is beneath Pandaria is related to Y'Shaarj. But Y'Shaarj is dead. Very dead. So how can he still pose a problem to the people of Pandaria?

    We know that the Titans decided against killing Old Gods, because apparently their death will bring about Azeroths demise. In MoP, we learn one such consequence that comes from killing an Old God; The Sha, the essence of Y'Shaarj that still lingers on Pandaria, and can manifest itself when their is strong negative emotion, exactly the feelings the Old Gods inspire. The Sha have a very, disjointed historg. In 'The Swarm, the Stone, and the Storm', we learn the Sha haunted the land almost immediately after Y'Shaarj's death, but what about during the Mogu empire? Why does it seem that they were completely unaffected by the Sha, despite the Mogu being riddled with emotions like Anger and Hate.

    But a better question. What is the of Nalak'Sha, and what was Ra-Den doing there when Lei Shen 'found' him?

    We know that after the Titans left the Mogu, they were afflicted by the Curse of Flesh, and Ra (Den), their master, fell silent. It was during this time that the Mogu broke up into seperate clans, and fought against eachother and other Pandaria races. Legend says, that after he began uniting the clans, Lei Shen marched solo into Mogu'Shan vaults, and in a secret chamber, found Ra, guarding a mysterious Engine, now called the Engine of Nalak'Sha. To this day, no one knows the point of the engine, or why Elegon, its defense mechanism, a cloud serpent? But, despite all the deaths us players experience on this boss, very few people have wondered,

    Why is there such a long tunnel beneath the engine?

    SPECULATION

    Ive been thinking of how this can all come together, and then it hit me. Ra-Den remained on Pandaria to find a way to remove the Old God presence, the Mogu remained incase Y'Shaarj somehow returns.

    After the CoF afflicted the titanic races, and the Titans themselves left, Ra-Den went to experiment on the Sha and Y'Shaarj, in an attempt to remove the Old God presence from Azeroth, which he believed would result in its doom, without having to deal with something like the Sha. These experiments were done ontop of Y'Shaarj's corpse, in what is today called the Engine of Nalak'Sha, built inside the Titan complex there.

    When Lei Shen found Ra-Den, he didn't beat him, he convinced him. Ra-Den believed the way to deal with the Old Gods and the Sha would be absoulte removal of all races afflicted by the Old Gods, all races he deemed corruped. Lei Shen told him otherwise; Give him the power of the Gods, and he will build an empire under one banner, that be so orderly thered be no chance the Sha could be a problem. And right after recieving this power, Lei Shen proceeded to betray and imprison Ra-Den, as punishment for him deserting the Mogu.

    Lei Shen had his best spellcaster, the Korune, toy with the engne, in hopes of finding a way to make the Sha a weapon. After finding Nalak, his favoured pet, he had Elegon, the computerized defense mech installed by the Titans, made into an image of him. However, the Mogu would NEVER attempt to manipulate the power of Y'Shaarj himself, that goes against everything they were built for.

    Fast forward, we have Ra-Den, after being freed, immediately proclaim he is going to cleanse this doomed world. After his defeat, he remarks about something evil either inside or beneath us. Wrathion later mentions that an evil exist beneath Pandaria.

    After the Mogu are decimated in 5.2, whatever forces remain are lost without leadership. At the same time, Garrosh is eventually gling to hear talks of a rebellion, hes going to grow desperate (even moreso) in who he recruits.

    So what i see happening. Some Mogu pledge allegiance to Garrosh, seeing him as there best chance at glory. In return, they tell him information about an incredibly powerful and ancient being beneath Pandaria, who would be unable to stop Garrosh from draining its power. So Garrosh attempts to harness the power of Y'Shaarj. He gets some of his best spellcaster to transport the remains of Y'Shaarj himself into RFC. Because we defeated the Sha, Garrosh will have a much easier time controlling this power and weaponizing it. He uses the Old Gods energy to create Twilight Fel Orcs.

    For the final fight, Garrosh is incredibly powerful after draining the energy of the Sha and Y'Shaarj into himself. However as the fight goes on, and he becomes more desperate, Garrosh suddenly gets possessed by the final Sha, the hidden one that brought a out the end of the Mogu empire, and that has affected every race on Pandaria without any of them knowin. The Sha of Pride. Garrosh passes out, and the 7 Sha are released, and the final boss becomes a semi-ressurected version of Y'Shaarj, the God of War.

    Tl;Dr Ra-Den was researching the Engine of Nalak'Sha, which has Y'Shaarj buried beneath. He 'gave' Lei Shen the power of the titans so he can build an orderly empire. Mogu stragglers post 5.2 will join Garrosh and tell him about the power of Y'Shaarj. Garrosh brings his corpse to RFC, experiments with it, and gets possessed by the Sha of Pride, which causes all Sha to form into a weakened version of Y'Shaarj.

  2. #2
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,076
    I, personally, think (or more-so thought) that the Engine was just what powered the Titan Facility.

    However, and despite your argument which does make very good points, aside from there being a 7th Sha (I don't believe for a second there is one, but that's just me), there's one fact that did it for me in this entire debacle with the Sha and Yshaarj and Ra'den and the Engine:

    The Engine going deep down into the depths of Pandaria, through the Mountains.

    The fact that it does that, and I'm 110% CONVINCED there is an Old God beneath Pandaria, whether it's the corpse of one or an actual Old god, I think the Engine was a seal like the constellation stuff in Ulduar.

    But nice prediction! The 6 Sha manifesting within Garrosh, and him actually controlling it and becoming a catalyst for Yshaarj, was what I've been predicting to happen for the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I, personally, think (or more-so thought) that the Engine was just what powered the Titan Facility.

    However, and despite your argument which does make very good points, aside from there being a 7th Sha (I don't believe for a second there is one, but that's just me), there's one fact that did it for me in this entire debacle with the Sha and Yshaarj and Ra'den and the Engine:

    The Engine going deep down into the depths of Pandaria, through the Mountains.

    The fact that it does that, and I'm 110% CONVINCED there is an Old God beneath Pandaria, whether it's the corpse of one or an actual Old god, I think the Engine was a seal like the constellation stuff in Ulduar.

    But nice prediction! The 6 Sha manifesting within Garrosh, and him actually controlling it and becoming a catalyst for Yshaarj, was what I've been predicting to happen for the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Thanks. Yea i never really bought the 7th Sha theory. The only thing that makes me believe there may be one is the lorewalker story in 5.2 that say, 'The beast of seven heads, Breathed seven breaths'.

    That makes me believe there is either a 7th Sha or the 7th breathe is the essence of Y'Shaarj himself.

  4. #4
    Nicely thought out. Some good speculation about Ra-Den's purpose and the mogu motivations.

    I had some similar ideas myself, though in my version Garrosh transports either the engine of Nalak'sha or a different machine into Ragefire, using the geothermal and elemental energy there to power it.

    In 5.2 we see with the activation of the Forge of Thunder that the Sha are drawn to Titan machinery, so someone like Garrosh hijacking a Titan engine and turning it on might as well be a magnet to them.

    As far as Y'Shaarj reborn, I see them going the route they did with Diablo in Diablo 3. Diablo himself was born from a greater evil along with his six brothers, and Diablo eventually devoured them all to 'upgrade' himself into becoming the 'Prime Evil'. So if there is a 7th Sha, it could devour its fellows to become a new god-like entity - distinct from Y'Shaarj, but bearing all of that Old God's potential and power.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nicely thought out. Some good speculation about Ra-Den's purpose and the mogu motivations.

    I had some similar ideas myself, though in my version Garrosh transports either the engine of Nalak'sha or a different machine into Ragefire, using the geothermal and elemental energy there to power it.

    In 5.2 we see with the activation of the Forge of Thunder that the Sha are drawn to Titan machinery, so someone like Garrosh hijacking a Titan engine and turning it on might as well be a magnet to them.

    As far as Y'Shaarj reborn, I see them going the route they did with Diablo in Diablo 3. Diablo himself was born from a greater evil along with his six brothers, and Diablo eventually devoured them all to 'upgrade' himself into becoming the 'Prime Evil'. So if there is a 7th Sha, it could devour its fellows to become a new god-like entity - distinct from Y'Shaarj, but bearing all of that Old God's potential and power.
    That is actually what I originally though, that the Engine would be transported. I just put the remains of Y'Shaarj simply because removing the engine would be hard now that MSV is pretty much recalimed.

    But like you said, he can just as easily get a smilar machine the Pandaren dont know about.

  6. #6
    Yea, I consider other machines possible since Lorewalker Cho mentioned there could be others, but there don't seem to be any in Throne of Thunder where I'd expect to find one (although the Forge of Thunder is a Titan machine, I don't think it's for making soldiers like the Forge of the Endless/Engine of Nalak'sha).

    Maybe patch 5.3 involves the Horde excavating such a machine, even the one in the Vaults.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yea, I consider other machines possible since Lorewalker Cho mentioned there could be others, but there don't seem to be any in Throne of Thunder where I'd expect to find one (although the Forge of Thunder is a Titan machine, I don't think it's for making soldiers like the Forge of the Endless/Engine of Nalak'sha).

    Maybe patch 5.3 involves the Horde excavating such a machine, even the one in the Vaults.
    Assuming 5.4 is the siege, then 5.3 has to be the breaking point for most of the Horde. I can see the rebels finally getting tired of Garrosh if he starts killing native Pandaren in a quest to get either a Titan/Old God artifact, which is the most likely scenario.

  8. #8
    Tl;Dr Ra-Den was researching the Engine of Nalak'Sha, which has Y'Shaarj buried beneath. He 'gave' Lei Shen the power of the titans so he can build an orderly empire. Mogu stragglers post 5.2 will join Garrosh and tell him about the power of Y'Shaarj. Garrosh brings his corpse to RFC, experiments with it, and gets possessed by the Sha of Pride, which causes all Sha to form into a weakened version of Y'Shaarj.

    Looks like we know whats happening in 5.4!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Tl;Dr Ra-Den was researching the Engine of Nalak'Sha, which has Y'Shaarj buried beneath. He 'gave' Lei Shen the power of the titans so he can build an orderly empire. Mogu stragglers post 5.2 will join Garrosh and tell him about the power of Y'Shaarj. Garrosh brings his corpse to RFC, experiments with it, and gets possessed by the Sha of Pride, which causes all Sha to form into a weakened version of Y'Shaarj.

    Looks like we know whats happening in 5.4!
    garrosh couldn't possibly bring the corpse of an old god to orgrimmar. why? because they are gigantic. you know when c'thun eats you and you end up in a huge room with tentacles? that's just his stomach, and we don't even know if he has only one or more than one stomach. you know those huge ass tentacled things in twilight highlands and dragonblight (in dragon soul)? they are just weak minions of the old gods, mere spawns. an old god itself is probably way larger than 10 RFCs combined.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  10. #10
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,382
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    garrosh couldn't possibly bring the corpse of an old god to orgrimmar. why? because they are gigantic. you know when c'thun eats you and you end up in a huge room with tentacles? that's just his stomach, and we don't even know if he has only one or more than one stomach. you know those huge ass tentacled things in twilight highlands and dragonblight (in dragon soul)? they are just weak minions of the old gods, mere spawns. an old god itself is probably way larger than 10 RFCs combined.
    I think (hope) he was talking about Y'Shaarj's heart, not his body.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I think (hope) he was talking about Y'Shaarj's heart, not his body.
    he said corpse. corpse means dead body.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •