Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Do you think there will be an emerald dream expansion?

I know that the dragon aspects have lost their powers, so this will not likely happen, unless they regained their powers. I think they should make it so that they regain their powers and then we get to go to the emerald dream to help with some problem there. Do you guys think this will ever happen?

Nah, it was finished in the novel "Stormrage", except for a relatively small area IIRC, there's maybe material for a single zone (How to fit it in though...) or a raid, but not enough for an entire expansion, all descriptions say the emerald dream is basically a green unspoilt version of Azeroth, so it's the zones we have but with nothing much of interest in it :P

As it stands now, no. I wish there would be one, but I really don't see it as a possibility anymore. The whole Dragon Aspects deal was finished with Deathwing, the Nightmare deal was finished in Stormrage, the only thing I could see that could potentially draw us into the realm would be N'zoth, and we'll probably face him under the water rather than in the Emerald Dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    No its is more likely the Emerald Dream will be a Content Patch to remove the last bit of the nighmare in the Rift of A'ln.

Featuring Xavius & prbly linked to N'zoth as he is the one behind the Nightmare & the force who twisted many Nigt Elves into what we know as the Naga.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

To be honest, I'd really like there to be one. However I share the same doubt as most people that there would be one.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, if you were to ask me if an entire expansion could be based off pandaren, I would have said unlikely.
    Since Pandaren I think anything is possible.

With that said I think content patch makes the most sense, if it had a tie in to N'zoth, and the naga queen and that rift of A'ln. Hmm maybe it would be like a bonus patch like the Kel'jaden raid was back in BC. With Illidan being the official big bad but not the last major raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly hope not.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. They have stated the emerald dream story line is finished for the most part in the stormrage novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sariouso View Post
    I know that the dragon aspects have lost their powers, so this will not likely happen, unless they regained their powers.
    Why? Ysera was the only Aspect with any ties to the Emerald Dream at all, and her losing her powers makes it harder for her to maintain its order. That means it's easier for mortals like us to bend the rules and get into it.

I think they should make it so that they regain their powers and then we get to go to the emerald dream to help with some problem there. Do you guys think this will ever happen?
    I don't know that the Aspects will ever regain their powers. They were able to give powers to Kalecgos, but who knows if any other dragons can ever get them - it seems more like the Aspect power is some reservoir of energy that's now been tapped out.

Not relevant to a Dream expansion though - I think we'll go there one day whether the dragons are part of it or not, and I think there's enough potential in the Dream to fill an entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Nah, it was finished in the novel "Stormrage", except for a relatively small area IIRC, there's maybe material for a single zone (How to fit it in though...) or a raid, but not enough for an entire expansion, all descriptions say the emerald dream is basically a green unspoilt version of Azeroth, so it's the zones we have but with nothing much of interest in it :P
    As of the Cataclysm, the Nightmare has begun spreading throughout the entire Dream once again. Between the Nightmare, it's Old God creator N'Zoth, and whatever other servants N'Zoth may bring into the Dream, we have at least as much potential as Pandaria ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    No. They have stated the emerald dream story line is finished for the most part in the stormrage novel.
    No one has said any such thing. The in-game content certainly does not bear that line of thinking out.

Deleted
    I sure hope not

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    As of the Cataclysm, the Nightmare has begun spreading throughout the entire Dream once again. Between the Nightmare, it's Old God creator N'Zoth, and whatever other servants N'Zoth may bring into the Dream, we have at least as much potential as Pandaria ever did.

Can you provide a link on this please?

Nooo... Enough with the druids, if I have to help the Cenarion Circle do one more thing I think I'll shoot myself in the proverbial foot. I've had it with druids and dragons in Cataclysm.

Hope Not. The community outcry of re-used content will be too much to handle. not sure if enough people crying for emerald dream expac know thats its just azeroth untouched, so it would be a lot of old content just squished together. Couldnt really build a 5/10 level end-lore end-game content off of a continent made for leveling 1-60/80-85. too big of a workload for blizzard to pull off properly.

Besides, the lore behind it really isnt worth a whole expansion. Its one old god, and a few misbegotten folks. And again due to community out-cry i doubt we'll see an underwater raid against N'Zoth because of all the hate Vashj'ir received, partly why they killed off Neptulons raid in cata.

Possible patch. Heck, even a .1/.3 patch made up of dungeons and/or scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Can you provide a link on this please?
    About the Nightmare spreading through the Dream again? Visible in-game in a few areas:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Emerald_Nigh...aft:_Cataclysm
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Nightmare_Scar
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=25325

The Rift of Aln from the novel Stormrage is a region in the Dream that corresponds to the Maelstrom on Azeroth. We so have the Nightmare spreading at least as far as the Dream version of the Barrens and Mount Hyjal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it'll be next, but I think there will definitely be a Nightmare expansion.

In the recently released first chapter of Dawn Of The Aspects Ysera further confirms that the Nightmare has begun to stir again and is perhaps seeking a new Nightmare Lord, but with her mortality and post-Dragon Soul apathy says it now falls to the Cenarion Circle/ mortals to contain it.

Deleted
    Given how most of the lore of the emerald dream takes place between cataclysm and wotlk i highly doubt it.

You are aware the Emerald Dream is just Azeroth right? It would be the ultimate rehashing of content, as it would be nothing but what's already in the game, only with a green haze. You would pay $40 for an expansion that offers absolutely nothing new?

Mop is your emerald dream expansion. There were supposed to be world enemies in the emerald dreams that were creations of nightmare that were empowered by our emotions but one problem that was hard to get over is that the emerald dream was supposed to be barren of life except for those who have the training to cross over to the dreaming in dream form and the enemies which meant it would be hard to fill the emerald dreaming with enough npcs to fill out a quest chain to get your from previous max level to current max level not to mention you couldn’t have any animal collection quests (oh no, no poop in the dream world to collect!).

So the ideal of a hidden world with world enemies that thrive off our negative emotions was incorporated into mists.

Wowinsider had an article about this, I think it was called, “MoP is our Emerald Dream expansion”.

No, but I think Blizzard will find a way to use it for something eventually, even in it's current state as of the Stormrage novel.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I hope not, it'd feel really forced trying to stretch the whole thing into multiple zones, it's more of a single zone/instance type of area in my opinion.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    You are aware the Emerald Dream is just Azeroth right? It would be the ultimate rehashing of content, as it would be nothing but what's already in the game, only with a green haze. You would pay $40 for an expansion that offers absolutely nothing new?
    1) The Dream contains alternate versions of Azeroth regions that weren't destroyed in the Sundering - that's a huge amount of territory that's never been seen before. Lots of potential for new zones there. Also the Dream contains every climate imaginable - mountains, deserts, seas, plains, etc.

2) The Dream isn't bound by the laws of the mortal plane. There can be regions that are even crazier than Outland in terms of far out, fantastical landscapes.

3) On top of all that, the Nightmare is infecting areas of it and twisting it into horrible new shapes.

Keep those elements in mind - even without 2) and 3), more of Azeroth isn't a bad thing. Pandaria is simply more of the same with regards to landscapes, and it's still pretty spectacular to look at.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-02-27 at 08:27 PM.