Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I'm a cuddly sort.

I couldn't live with a partner who wouldn't share beds with me. The human contact is important for me.

It is given that it takes a bit of adjusting to a person. I've had a girlfriend who had the habit of randomly waking up after either kicking or punching me (not hard, just enough to wake me) that's because she was a very restless sleeper. My current girlfriend is the snugly sort, so I've just had to accept that the most comfortable pillows for her are my arm and my chest, which while very cute, it means I can't really turn in bed, so unless she turns (which if she ever does always ends snuggling back up) I have to remain still.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So, is no one ever going to mention that this is a thread necro? Or do I really have to point to the timestamp being March 2013?
    Not only a necro but it's the first post of that username. Ha!
    Anyway, I sleep A LOT BETTER when I sleep alone. We're all cuddly and loving while awake but I notice that I wake up better rested if I get the chance to sleep by myself.

A "bit" of a necro.

Either scenario is acceptable. Its just sleeping together is more common.

A lot of stuff would influence sleeping in the same room or different rooms. As most people have already said, snoring is a pretty big thing. I absolutely hate the sound of snoring. Let's say I were to sleep in the same bed as my girlfriend and she started snoring, I would get up and pick a different bed in a different room or a couch. Also, I really enjoy sleeping on my stomach, no idea why, I just do. (Putting this hypothetically because I'm still a senior in high school). I don't really find it odd to sleep in different rooms since I could see it happening with me in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I am just curious what people on MMO think about couples who sleep in different beds in the same room or different beds in separate rooms.
    What I think about couples that sleep in different beds? Nothing at all. Whatever works for them.

I wouldn't be interested in it though. It seems so distant.

It certainly makes it a lot easier to sneak another woman into your bed. My wife's a light sleeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomanu View Post
    Seriously? Is no one going to talk about how fucked up this relationship actually is? I'm not talking about the bed, couldn't care less after what I read. They've been dating 14 years. FOURTEEN. she is 29, he is 34. She was 15 and he was 20 when they started dating, that is seriously fucked up, this isn't a relationship, this is fucking grooming. He should be arrested for what he did, and he actually fucking can be, and should.
    How did people miss that, seriously? This relationship should be investigated by the police
    Honestly I think 15 is where the age of consent should be at.

What's the point of arresting people who are clearly just going to wind up back in a relationship once he's out of prison? Who does that even help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Why is OP posting if things are great. 7 married years and no mention of children? I would like to be a fly on the wall in that house.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Whatever works for people.
    +1

/forthecharacters

10+ Year Old Account
    This is perfectly normal. I can't sleep with someone in my bed regardless of how much I care about them. I'm a radiator. I can barely stand my own body heat and blanket arrangement, I'm restless as hell if someone even my dog who tried valiantly to sneak into my bed a couple of nights as a puppy.

It just isn't happening. If they're 7 years strong then clearly it works for them. Some people don't need constant togetherness. I know some people who do and are utterly aghast at the notion of a couple doing this, but I think they're just wired differently.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I know my stepdad sleeps in another room because my mum snores really loudly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually sleep on the couch since my gf turns into a blast furnace when she sleeps and i'm very uncomfortable with heat.

Next to oxygen, water and food sleep is one of the most important things in your life. Much more important than 'feeling' you are in a good relationship because you think it's important or normal to sleep together.

I doubt that good feeling of waking up next to your girlfriend is there when you've only slept for 4 hours and you feel like shit.

My parents sleep in different rooms, mostly because of how loud my dad snores. I take an annual trip with him to a big car show in east Tennessee and it's hard to share a room with him because his shit keeps me awake all night, alternating between sounding like a chainsaw or a semi downshifting on the highway.

I can't believe people do this (unless it's for medical issues. My parents do it because my mom has special pillows and apparatuses to help her sleep due to back issues. And I don't count sleep apnea. That's easily remedied by going to your doctor and have the tests done). Otherwise, I see it as an insult to your partner. Besides, I'd think it's harder to wake your partner for middle-of-the-night sex in separate rooms.