Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    BMAH and FoS mounts: question for anyone who has bought one

    Simple question:

    If you buy a mount off the BMAH that would normally earn an FoS when looted from the boss, e.g., Invincible, Deathcharger's reins, Ashes, etc., do you still get the FoS? I have a couple that I've been watching for but I might pass if you still lose out on the achievement.

  2. #2
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    126
    Someone on wowhead posted a couple pics after paying 500k for Ashes and showed they were given the achievement after learned.

  3. #3
    There Is simply no reason to not get the FoS achiv.

  4. #4
    I got fos for invincible

  5. #5
    You get the feat for strength when you learn the mount, not when you loot it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakog View Post
    You get the feat for strength when you learn the mount, not when you loot it.
    This was not always the case and on some older achievements, you could (the most recent I've experienced being in spring 2012) pass around something between characters be it a BoE or a trade window-eligible item, and earn the achievement that way without ever learning the item in question. Particularly since the two I'm eying are older, I wasn't sure. Couple that with the semantics of 'Obtain X from Y in Z'; I was just curious. In my case, I'm after the mounts from Kara and Strat for the sake of filling out my collection. I doubt I'd ever use either of them for their actual purpose.

    Anyway, thanks for the replies. I was able to pull up the SSs Daovan mentioned and that's good enough for me.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakog View Post
    You get the feat for strength when you learn the mount, not when you loot it.
    Fiery Warhorse wants a word with you..
    You get the achievement when you loot it, and even if you passit along in the two hour window, multiple people ges the achievement...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Fiery Warhorse wants a word with you..
    You get the achievement when you loot it, and even if you passit along in the two hour window, multiple people ges the achievement...
    Bummer if it pops up but good to know. Might have to pass if that one makes an appearance.

  9. #9
    The only mount that is related to a FoS that doesn't reward said FoS if purchased from the BMAH is the Black Qiraji Battle Tank. FoS is tied to a quest and not the mount.

  10. #10
    It would be bit silly if if didn't award the achievment, because it would then become impossible to ever earn the achievement even if you later got the mount as a drop since you wouldn't be able to learn it 2nd time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The only mount that is related to a FoS that doesn't reward said FoS if purchased from the BMAH is the Black Qiraji Battle Tank. FoS is tied to a quest and not the mount.
    I've never heard of the Black Qiraji Battle Tank being sold on the Black Market.

  11. #11
    I bought the Mimiron's Head and got the FoS. Honestly, right now it's more of an achievement to accumulate the gold cap to buy those mounts than to get them with the RNG drops in their respective trivially easy instances.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    I bought the Mimiron's Head and got the FoS. Honestly, right now it's more of an achievement to accumulate the gold cap to buy those mounts than to get them with the RNG drops in their respective trivially easy instances.
    To be honest, on most realms you don't need to be gold capped. Having like 300-500k is just as good.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I've never heard of the Black Qiraji Battle Tank being sold on the Black Market.
    There was a big stink about it the first week of MoP as someone bought it for 20k since it was on a dead-ish server. From the lack of talk about this mount since the beginning of MoP I'm guessing that it isn't as common as the raid drop mounts that get posted.

  14. #14
    Mechagnome darkminaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cambodia
    Posts
    606
    on my server there is realy rarely someting usefull in the bmah and if then someone with coldcap just puts in the max and boom.

    well only mount i would buy is from lk, mainly since doing icc 10 man alone is using a shitload of time. Currently farming aly (fl) and attrumen (kara) , got ashes a while ago and aside from invincible there is no mount that i realy wana have (mimi head would be "cool" but i would never use it anyway)

  15. #15
    The Patient Relis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oh so sunny Highlands of Scotland!
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    There was a big stink about it the first week of MoP as someone bought it for 20k since it was on a dead-ish server
    The stink you refer to was the smell of Bullshit from whoever told you that, it is not now, nor was it ever on available on the BMAH.

    Check the comments on this link http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62943, one from annerajb, he/she has kept that list up to date and even Wowhead itself shows the mount as no longer in game (as in obtainable), you'd have seen so many rages and QQ's if it actually was.
    Last edited by Relis; 2013-03-03 at 12:10 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    The stink you refer to was the smell of Bullshit from whoever told you that, it is not now, nor was it ever on available on the BMAH.

    Check the comments on this link http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62943, one from annerajb, he/she has kept that list up to date and even Wowhead itself shows the mount as no longer in game (as in obtainable), you'd have seen so many rages and QQ's if it actually was.
    Huh, could have sworn someone posted an armory of someone who had gotten it via the BMAH. Guess it was just someone who got it via character transfers between accounts.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    The stink you refer to was the smell of Bullshit from whoever told you that, it is not now, nor was it ever on available on the BMAH.

    Check the comments on this link http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62943, one from annerajb, he/she has kept that list up to date and even Wowhead itself shows the mount as no longer in game (as in obtainable), you'd have seen so many rages and QQ's if it actually was.
    Wheres the Plagued Proto Drake on that list? It was on the MMO-champ front page a while back, that you could see it on the BMAH. It IS currently listed as being sold on the BMAH on the wowhead page for it though.

    It is possible that the legendary mount is obtainable on the BMAH, just hasn't been seen yet, or was on a dead server that nobody, maybe 1 person, saw, bid, and didnt tell. Probable? not really.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  18. #18
    The Patient Relis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oh so sunny Highlands of Scotland!
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wheres the Plagued Proto Drake on that list? It was on the MMO-champ front page a while back, that you could see it on the BMAH. It IS currently listed as being sold on the BMAH on the wowhead page for it though.

    It is possible that the legendary mount is obtainable on the BMAH, just hasn't been seen yet, or was on a dead server that nobody, maybe 1 person, saw, bid, and didnt tell. Probable? not really.
    Indeed, I overlooked that Proto Drake, but yes, you're right, it is listed as being sold by BMAH. The legendary one though is not which Is why I am certain it is not available, on top of the fact that not one person has posted a pic of it on the BMAH, which I'd have thought by now someone on some server would have seen and decided to SS considering that mounts reputation. It's a mount, as a collector I'd love, but one I won't get :-/

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The only mount that is related to a FoS that doesn't reward said FoS if purchased from the BMAH is the Black Qiraji Battle Tank. FoS is tied to a quest and not the mount.
    what they sell black battle tank on BMAH?

  20. #20
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    what they sell black battle tank on BMAH?
    no , and if they did i gues some1 should see it by now and spam the forums full of " amg amg amg amg black qiraj amg amg i wantz free atiesh and freezzzz ashbringarzzzz" and stuff like that.
    Stuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •