Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Hunter bloopers you hate to admit...

I have to make this thread because of our H-Ambershaper progression.

We were going pretty well but our damage in p3 seemed pretty low for some reason. Lots of sub 10% wipes, a few sub 5% wipes. We were hitting our marks in terms of stacks on Ambershaper we wanted going into p3, but just couldn't get it down. A lot of these wipes were while I was constructed in p3. On our best attempt, which was our 2nd last of the night (and the week), I was the last construct in p2, broke out, and was immediately the first construct on p3. Owned the guys stacks. Wiped at 4%.

Afterwards, one of our healers was like "Uh, why don't you have any Smash damage? You have like 18m Amber Strike damage, but no Smash (auto attack) damage."

....turns out spamming the 1 attack doesn't turn on auto attack for the constructs. And considering the auto attack usually *at least* mirrors the Amber Strike damage, it would have been a kill. As a hunter, the only ranged class with an auto attack, I never right click on mobs, I always left click - and that screwed us hardcore.

Probably my biggest screw up since I would occasionally disengage off the end platforms on H-Madness and die, and be unrezzable.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:33 PM ----------

Also, to be fair to myself, a few people didn't turn on auto attacks - our melee always did, and our ranged generally forgot.

Deleted
    One thing I keep forgetting is Aspect of the hawk after I respec...

Does a bunch of wpvp and solo tank stuff then waltzes into raid

Raid wipes: Tank says
    "Guys - I don't understand why I was having problems with threat. This isn't an issue ever."
    Me: "Oh man, I have no idea - don't worry, I'm sure it was just a bad pull!"
    ----------------

Says to self: "Oh God it was me! I forgot to re-spec myself/pet before raid. Perhaps pvp'ing/tank solo'ing crap 20 minutes pre-raid was a bad idea.

Quietly respecs self/pet super fast before anyone notices the major BLURB.
    Hits /reload a bunch of times
    Stays super quiet for a few attempts: YES! I'm in the safe zone - no one realized what happened!

---------------------------
    Waiting for people to show up in front of TES before a pug.
    Me and another pug wait quietly.

Hey let's duel!
    Sure!

*Disengages off cliff*
    *Dies next to a goat*

--> HAHA did you really just do that? ...Yes...yes I did.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Probably my biggest screw up since I would occasionally disengage off the end platforms on H-Madness and die, and be unrezzable
    I'm guilty of disengaging when I shouldn't, or failing at this too.

First blade lord attempts: Yea! I'm one of the lucky few that made it to the other platform: Almost there! I GOT THIS.
    *Gets sucked in by last tornado spawn pre-platform*
    *Dies*

How did you die?
    Response: *See the thing is...that damn tornado came out of nowhere!*
    Realizes I should have paused before rushing in: Oops.

Mos. later:
    *Random guy gets sucked in by last tornado*
    Response: *See the thing is...that damn tornado just came out of nowhere! I made it to the platform I swear!*
    *Giggles to self: I got you bro. I totally got you*
    *Defends random person knowing exactly what happened: Yea man those damn pre-platform tornadoes will get you out of nowhere!*
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2013-01-15 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    That's happened to me so many times after the mop pre patch that broke addons. I used an addon to tell me what aspect I had and when no aspects were up and it didn't work =(. Then I got JSHB and it was fine after that.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

As a new hunter I often forget to summon my pet after wipes...

I then wonder why I'm having trouble competing on the meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've disengaged to my death or disadvantage more times than I care to admit.

I encountered the pet problem on the pull of Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and my pet died. Using a Ferocity pet at the time, I actually used Revive Pet instead of Heart of the Phoenix. When our pets still had talent trees, Heart of the Phoenix was commonly avoided with only 1/2 in Bloodthirsty just to get to the lower tiers of the Ferocity tree. I guess I didn't pay attention to the fact that it's standard for Ferocity now...

Using the wrong trap before pulling Wind Lord. Thankfully I feigned death before the boss hit anyone and it just reset. The raid wasn't exactly please with me.
    Last edited by Lykke; 2013-01-16 at 07:39 AM.

One my friend told me some time ago:

Whilst doing tempest keep back in BC the group he was with asked him to miss direct and because he had never done it before he didn't know what to do so he just went ahead and cast it in al'ar, while all the trash was still up (wiping the group), only to hear moments later on ventrilo "not f****ing al'ar". When he told me this story I burst out laughing was such a noob thing to do

A buddy of mine was trying to tame chrommagus in survival spec it was pretty funneh. "shit shit wtf why can't I tame him??"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think probably the most embarrassing/funny thing I've ever done (and I can't really remember a particular time) is feigning death to avoid being killed when everything that went wrong was totally my fault. Tab-target to the wrong adds and multi shot them? Feign death. Pet momentarily went full retard and attacked an extra pack of mobs? Feign death. Bitchy healer? People refusing to run back? Wait til res, then MD, and then finally feign death.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    A fantastic fail I did to the raids much scorn and laughter was to when I announced "heal me up and run into a wall so I can FD and MR" for a called wipe on Elegon was just as the boss despawned I managed to press jump-disengage in that last second of combat and promptly jump down the hole... No MR from huntard that time.

Now no-one heals me when I call out for a FD wipe.

Im no hunter, but on my lock I ran into one in an EOTS and had no cds and was getting handily beaten....until he tried a fancy Disengage and went sailing into the abyss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    It's not even funny how annoying that is

.. One thing I'll always remember doing was Disengaging from the Lich Kings platform while doing 10man HC Progress while the boss was at 12% or so.. Thank god the fight mechanic rez works on people who fall down!.. I think had we wiped I'd have got hell for it, but they found the funny side since it died
    Last edited by mmoc157e395081; 2013-01-16 at 07:10 AM.

Accidently auto attack the 1st boss in ICC. It kills the pug that I am in and everyone blames the other hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    Accidently auto attack the 1st boss in ICC. It kills the pug that I am in and everyone blames the other hunter.
    Haha! That's hilarious!

Deleted
    Ironhawk/hawk
    Ice/freezing trap on wind lord. I disable ice trap button nowadays on wind lord to make sure.
    Forgetting to respec before bosses and only doing it from the 2nd pull. I seriously dislike how much we have to respec so much in mop. The mandatory /reload that Blizzard wants to keep blaming on addons and needing stupid books of 80s in your inventory that only stack to 20 doesn't help at all.
    There's the trick with amber scalpel to keep it in one spot. I once ran over such a spot and it was instagib

/cast [nomod] Disengage
    /cast [mod] Deterrence

How much hell that macro has given me on Heroic Ultraxion/Spine/Madness is unparalleled. I refuse to change it.

Hour of Twilight? Let me Deter.. DISENGAGE!
    Stacky stacky in hole? Let me reduce damage taken with Deter.. DISENGAGE OFF THE SIDE OF SPINE!
    Bolt's gonna hit? Let me soak with Deter.. DISENGAGE!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i used to have Aspect of Cheetah and Aspect of the Pack on ALT+Mousewheel up and down.

Bladelord 2nd phase...First run against the Tornados... i wanted to try if i can use Cheetah (while i had room to try) and poped Pack = Instawipe for the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    That's happened to me so many times after the mop pre patch that broke addons. I used an addon to tell me what aspect I had and when no aspects were up and it didn't work =(. Then I got JSHB and it was fine after that.
    I actually made a weak aura for that just because it was pissing me off. Probably best thing I've ever made.

Deleted
    Disengage off during spine progress? Check.
    Disengage into lava on Ragnaros after soaking a trap? Check.
    No pet pre-pull on multiple occasions? Check.
    MD buff runs out when pull timer hits 0? Check.
    Pet taunt on? Check.

Too many...