Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I don't think it will be the scaling of old raids/dungeons for two reasons;
    1) They specifically said "new" content, not revisited, revamped, or updated, but "new". If it was just scaling, this would give the haters an excuse to start the mother of all "rehash" tantrums.
    For the love of god, people need to stop saying this. "New content" just means new shit you can do that you currently can't do. It doesn't mean it has to be truly new. Blizzard uses "new content" to describe every single thing they add to the game. You will NEVER see an interview or press release that says anything they're releasing is anything but "new content" because people would get upset if they said they're working on revamped content. WotLK naxx was new content. Heroic dungeons were new content. Challenge modes were new content. Cataclysm questing updates to old zones were new content. Scaled versions of old dungeons/raid would be new content.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 2013-03-01 at 10:38 PM.

A new type of 5-man dungeon content: Labyrinths

Labyrinths are difficult, long raid-like 5 person dungeons with lockouts and epic loots. 5.4 will bring back Black Rock Depths rehashed as a labyrinth and add a brand new labrynth dungeon.

most of theses comments ive read dont quite fit the "give players a lot of new content to play with."

its no doubt give us more things to do while we wait for the next expansion like. weekly random events. world events. maybe a series of jumping puzzles

With all the Mario Kart References in the expansion so far, no one else thinks its Wow-Racing?

First Poke'wow and now Wow'Kart...

Plenty of racing tests they've done, Flying Courses, Roll Course.

now you get to upgrade your own mounts, and Customize them, get brand new mounts. Competitive Ladders. Etc

Time Trials, Unranked-PVP races (for fun, or training), Ranked-PVP racing, Quest/PVE Races(like Brawlers guild)
    Last edited by Concequence; 2013-03-01 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    Cross faction game play is my bet.
    Given the fact that the horde dissenters (including horde players!)and alliance are forming...an alliance... to take down Garrosh before turning their worries towards the potential of more epic battles with the Old Gods and Titans, it would make sense.

It would be extremely controversial...so it could be a stretch.
    Last edited by azurrei; 2013-03-01 at 11:07 PM.

mentoring or instant adventures ala rift would be where i'd put my money

What I'd love to see is LFR for every raid in the game since vanilla but with updated rewards.

ill say it again.

7/12 or 12/17 man raids

player housing with yoon's farm
    Bane

Announcement sais: a lot of new content to play with. SO, I doubt it will be any kind of old raid revamps.

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Announcement sais: a lot of new content to play with. SO, I doubt it will be any kind of old raid revamps.
    For many people old raids are NEW content. When they say NEW I don't think they mean anything they've created brand spanking new that they've just been sitting on in between making patches and planning for expansion. I would be SHOCKED if it was stuff that was ACTUALLY brand spanking new.

Player/Guild housing and Dance Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    For many people old raids are NEW content. When they say NEW I don't think they mean anything they've created brand spanking new that they've just been sitting on in between making patches and planning for expansion. I would be SHOCKED if it was stuff that was ACTUALLY brand spanking new.
    Why would you be shocked? They've already created brand spanking new stuff in 5.1 and 5.2. What makes you think 5.4 won't be the same?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would you be shocked? They've already created brand spanking new stuff in 5.1 and 5.2. What makes you think 5.4 won't be the same?
    ALOT of new content suggests that it will be more than just what you get in a regular content patch. I'm sure 5.4 will have some new content but ALOT of it is up for debate. It seems to me that whatever system they are going to implement will add more content beyond what you would normally expect in a patch and that's why they used "alot" in that sense. I would be genuinely shocked if the "alot" of "new" content was actually "new" content.

ALOT of new content suggests that it will be more than just what you get in a regular content patch. I'm sure 5.4 will have some new content but ALOT of it is up for debate. It seems to me that whatever system they are going to implement will add more content beyond what you would normally expect in a patch and that's why they used "alot" in that sense. I would be genuinely shocked if the "alot" of "new" content was actually "new" content.
    I understand what you mean, but look at 5.2. They didn't advertise it having "a lot" of content yet it looks to have pretty much the largest raid in terms of size, and pretty high up there with boss count. Even if you don't count dailies as content there are other things such as single player scenarios or more of the Wrathion. I pretty much rank this patch to be the most content in a patch (not counting expansion patches). I have high hopes for 5.4.

I understand what you mean, but look at 5.2. They didn't advertise it having "a lot" of content yet it looks to have pretty much the largest raid in terms of size, and pretty high up there with boss count. Even if you don't count dailies as content there are other things such as single player scenarios or more of the Wrathion. I pretty much rank this patch to be the most content in a patch (not counting expansion patches). I have high hopes for 5.4.
    Well yea if they don't say 5.2 is alot and it has the biggest dungeon than clearly when they say ALOT it means that more is coming than just a raid. If you think the new feature is actually brand spanking new content in addition to the normal content they release with a patch (raids, gear, dungeons, dailes etc etc) then they must have gone on a hiring spree or turned into some real slave drivers there because it's just not feasible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yep.

And your 1st Pokemon will be a quest reward from Professor Tree and then your rival will appear...Lary.
    Always named mine poopface or aids..

Well yea if they don't say 5.2 is alot and it has the biggest dungeon than clearly when they say ALOT it means that more is coming than just a raid. If you think the new feature is actually brand spanking new content in addition to the normal content they release with a patch (raids, gear, dungeons, dailes etc etc) then they must have gone on a hiring spree or turned into some real slave drivers there because it's just not feasible.
    Or maybe you just underestimate Blizzard and their ability to create new things? Brawlers guild was completely new to WoW and it came in 5.1. That in itself was a pretty nice bit a content.

Or maybe you just underestimate Blizzard and their ability to create new things? Brawlers guild was completely new to WoW and it came in 5.1. That in itself was a pretty nice bit a content.
    LOL Okay man. How much crow willl you eat when it turns out to not be something brand spanking new? Hell even brawlers guild isn't NEW new. It's just you fighting mobs. Maybe you overestimate their ability to do things and maybe JUST MAYBE when they say new they mean NEW in the sense that it's a new something else to do.

LOL Okay man. How much crow willl you eat when it turns out to not be something brand spanking new? Hell even brawlers guild isn't NEW new. It's just you fighting mobs. Maybe you overestimate their ability to do things and maybe JUST MAYBE when they say new they mean NEW in the sense that it's a new something else to do.
    It's pretty new. Sure players were able to test their ability in soloing raids but we never had actual hard solo content. While fighting mobs isn't new, what they did was.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    A while back i believe their was a blue post about them wanting to introduce something that allows players to create content for the game, so I assume it will be something having to do with Player Created Content. If that is the case, my best guesses are.

1. Player/Guild Housing
    2. Player Created Dungeons/ Scenarios
    3. A new type of Mini Game (akin to Pet Battles), Perhaps Competitive Racing sense that's brought up allot
    4. Dance Studio

Best I can come up with. Perhaps Blizzard will surprise us with something so off the wall, no one will predict it.
    Last edited by Nbcall; 2013-03-01 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.