Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Two individual women cannot represent a 'group' that consists of 50% of the Earth's population.
    Skepticism is a healthy thing. He is shedding a preconception not developing one. No one should have blind faith in the pure intentions of 50% of the population. They should hold everyone to the same standard of evidence, and the law should to. Blind chivalry is why despicable individuals like this often get away with accusations like this.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Funny how Laize never ever complain about false accusations of anything else. Nope people are never ever unjustly accused of crimes they didn't commit - except when its men being accused of rape.
    That's hardly true.

I also bring up issues when men are forced to pay child support for children that aren't theirs.

And what's wrong with what I do? I don't see women's rights groups bringing these issues to the fore. Do you see me going "It's funny how feminists never ever complain about men being falsely accused of rape"? Of course not.

If feminists don't talk about women's issues, then no one will, correct? So then, it stands to reason that if MRAs don't talk about this shit then no one will; does it not?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What this might do is damage credibility of any woman when reporting a genuine case of sexual assault as it is hard enough now for women when it comes to the trauma they go through when it comes to sexual assault.

Because what this might do is make people think is the accuser really genuine or not, and all from a couple of women trying to get out of paying a cab fare.. One wonders what this world is coming too.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2013-03-01 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    I for one and quite glad that Laize bangs the drum on these issues.
    Yet I don't see you talking about false accusations of theft, robbery, assault, vandalism, scam, car-jacking, drug dealing or any other equally (un-)common non-issues.

Yet I don't see you talking about false accusations of theft, robbery, assault, vandalism, scam, car-jacking, drug dealing or any other equally (un-)common non-issues.
    Probably because there are other people who talk about them (Like the Innocence Project) and the issues don't need highlighting since they get massive media attention when someone who's been falsely accused of something spends lengthy periods of time in jail.

Same way you focus on feminism and not on issues regarding indigenous rights, father's rights, or whatever else you don't expressly talk about.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we're calling this a non-issue now? Because I'm pretty sure that cab driver thinks this is a huge fucking issue.

I wonder, if you were jailed for a false accusation of crime, if you would still consider this a "non-issue".

10+ Year Old Account
    .....and this is why no cabby, with half a brain (or more) accepts sex as payment from customers.. Potential rape charges..

Being a cabby myslf, for 10 years, I've had my share of bad (and worse) offers..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    That's hardly true.
    It seems pretty true. I've been on this forum a lot and I've yet to see you make a single post complaining about false accusation of any other crimel

And what's wrong with what I do? I don't see women's rights groups bringing these issues to the fore.
    Why does property rights groups not bring these issues of people being falsely accused of robbery to the fore? I guess its because they're all hypocrites and don't care about falsely accused robbers. That or its because it rarely happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm not really sure if there is any positive result to a thread like this. People make false accusations all the time for many different things, but I imagine this will very quickly result in a very negative discussion with massive generalizations about women and/or rape.

When it gets there, it is getting closed.

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Two individual women cannot represent a 'group' that consists of 50% of the Earth's population.
    Except that when 90% of these stories come out, it's about females accusing males of stuff they didn't do, just so that female can gain X or Y. I am not saying that males are innocent, they aren't. But don't act like this is the only case where females make themselves seem like the victim to get stuff because it always worked for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    .....and this is why no cabby, with half a brain (or more) accepts sex as payment from customers.. Potential rape charges..
    No. And this is why we've reached a point where it would be better to carry around a (candid) camera wherever you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    So we're calling this a non-issue now? Because I'm pretty sure that cab driver thinks this is a huge fucking issue.
    Nice strawmaning. I said false accusations are a non-issue. Obviously being false accused is a big deal to the victim, but something that rarely happens is not an issue for society.

Deleted
    None of those issues carry the same social-stigma as being accused of "Rape". I don't really care if it's uncommon, it still happens and the fact that you refer to false-accusations of any kind as a "non-issue" is depressing.

Anyway, you're just trying to derail a valid thread to get it closed. I can see why, highlighting such issues is damaging to feminism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice strawmaning. I said false accusations are a non-issue. Obviously being false accused is a big deal to the victim, but something that rarely happens is not an issue for society.
    Call it whatever you want, but what I'm getting from this is that you believe that nothing should be done about this. If that's not true, then I'm sure you'll share with us what the appropriate action is.

It seems pretty true. I've been on this forum a lot and I've yet to see you make a single post complaining about false accusation of any other crimel
    Pay attention harder. Even if I'd never posted an article about such things (And I'm fairly certain I have) I talk about them constantly.

Why does property rights groups not bring these issues of people being falsely accused of robbery to the fore? I guess its because they're all hypocrites and don't care about falsely accused robbers. That or its because it rarely happens.
    Have I EVER suggested false accusations happen frequently? No, of course not. False accusations of rape and other forms of sex crime, however, are far more damaging to a person's life and you'd have to be willfully ignorant to deny that fact. You know full well a simple allegation of a sex crime can ruin someone's life. Presumption of innocence does not, unfortunately, extend to the social and business spheres.

And don't attempt to turn this around on me. Women's rights groups have done a lot to attempt to undermine men's rights regarding these things (See: Campaigning for "preponderance of evidence" standards in sex crimes as opposed to "beyond reasonable doubt" in Universities and some in courts of law) with too little opposition.

You know full well that women's issues wouldn't be heard if it weren't for feminists. So why do you whine when MRAs demand to be heard on our issues?
    Last edited by Laize; 2013-03-01 at 01:57 PM.

He brings these issues up in force because he cares about them. Do you have a point to make or are you upset that men's issues are being talked about with legitimacy?

Also, all of the other crimes you mentioned don't carry the huge social stigmas that sex crimes do, and the media doesn't take nearly the interest in naming and shaming those accused of them that they do with those accused of rape.

Deleted
    If you don't like it, don't read it?
    A lot of people in fact are interested in such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Except that when 90% of these stories come out, it's about females accusing males of stuff they didn't do, just so that female can gain X or Y. I am not saying that males are innocent, they aren't. But don't act like this is the only case where females make themselves seem like the victim to get stuff because it always worked for them.
    The point is that there's 3.5 billion women on this planet and people like use a handful of cases to half the population.

because it always worked for them.

Seems like this skit's becoming more and more prudent in reality:

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-c...-love-contract

The point is that there's 3.5 billion women on this planet and people like use a handful of cases to half the population.
    If the overwhelmingly vast majority of women do not make false accusations of rape, they shouldn't take any issue with stiffer penalties for those who do.