Thread: We Holy now

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

We Holy now

So it seems 5.2 is Holy Time.

Sad thing, but atleast its viable again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has been viable since ICC. But if you mean the new bandwagon? Maybe so.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    atleast its viable again.
    I guess you mean relative to Disc. It's always been viable just Priests will always pick the spec they can perform best with, through the whole of 5.1 that was Disc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holygrail View Post
    I guess you mean relative to Disc. It's always been viable just Priests will always pick the spec they can perform best with, through the whole of 5.1 that was Disc.
    I'd say maybe half of 5.1 tailored to Disc. Anything beyond that and playing Disc was trumped by or equal to holy.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I'd say maybe half of 5.1 tailored to Disc. Anything beyond that and playing Disc was trumped by or equal to holy.
    15/16 25 Heroic fights I was Disc purely because it out-performed Disc, the exception being Tsulong with the sole reason being GS. Disc was a sheer joke and was buffed far too much in 5.1, it was a mistake that has been fixed in 5.2

Going back to the OP:
    I personally prefer Holy to Disc. Yea it's not as good but isn't it more fun actually choosing which spell to cast to maximise your healing rather than going into auto pilot and just spamming PoH because it's the most efficient and best spell you have?

Disc has been fixed and levelled to the HPS of the other Healers. Some fights it will prove it's worth and some fights Holy will dominate, and ultimately that's how it should and will be.

Deleted
    I think disc was overnerfed and the new design is just not good. Too much atonement and too many niche spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    FOTM spec? Yes. Viable, it always was.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Deleted
    I might spec holy in 5.2, not because it's stronger (even if I'm positive that it will be, at least it'll have less "issues"), but because disc will turn insanely boring. Well, or I'll just level my druid, monk or even pala, the only healer that just seems incredibly boring (apart from 5.2 disc) is resto shaman.

Deleted
    Is this talk of Holy being 'better'/the spec to play more in regards to 25 mans? Been holy myself all this time since we also have a Disc in our 10 man, so curious on how both are doing.
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2013-03-02 at 02:48 AM.

All hail the new king: PoM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piffnifty View Post
    Is this talk of Holy being 'better'/the spec to play more in regards to 25 mans? Been holy myself all this time since we also have a Disc in our 10 man, so curious on how both are doing.
    I 'think' (ptr has been an even bigger mess than usual for me this time around, so I haven't tried it as much as I'd liked to personally) holy will be outright superior for 25 man. For 10 man disc seems fine for most fights, I just think we'll be lacking significantly on fights with a big amount of aoe damage (that isn't timed around SS). I just see disc being superior on fights where you have a damage buff, a lot of healing isn't required in the first place due to atonement damage (depending on the design holy could just go chastise during parts of it as well though) or fights where spirit shell/absorbs will have a massive impact.

Holy has been the best healing spec since vanilla. I am in a semi hardcore guild 11/16 normal modes going for empress!!! and me and the other priests all agree disc's healing is bad, absorbs are far too unreliable and lack of healing cds.

Infracted. Don't stir the pot
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-02 at 07:40 PM.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except that now Disc heals for the same as Holy, and absorbs for way more.

I think Disc will still outperform in 10m since shell stacking is still a strategy in that format, and once geared mana should not be an issue with rapture still based on a % of a stat that we have control over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
    Holy has been the best healing spec since vanilla. I am in a semi hardcore guild 11/16 normal modes going for empress!!! and me and the other priests all agree disc's healing is bad, absorbs are far too unreliable and lack of healing cds.
    I never really understood how incredibly unreliable absorbs are, thanks for explaining that to me. For some reason I also felt like disc had better cds. Guess it's just my lack of experience in hof normal modes showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmburton View Post
    semi hardcore imo would be 3 days a week and 8-10/16HM

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 11:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I never really understood how incredibly unreliable absorbs are, thanks for explaining that to me. For some reason I also felt like disc had better cds. Guess it's just my lack of experience in hof normal modes showing.
    i lol'd pretty hard

Quote Originally Posted by Exoticheals View Post
    semi hardcore imo would be 3 days a week and 8-10/16HM
    It's all about the attitude you take towards raiding, not how far you progressed or how much you raid a week.

Even though disc is being nerfed and holy becoming a more attractive spec, I'm still staying Disc. I still think it has way more utility when played intelligently than holy. Spirit Shell is a game changer on so many fights. We will also synergize better with other healers in 5.2. Right now, when a disc priest shields people, their health doesn't go below 100% hp, and everyone else overheals. In 5.2, disc is getting more absorbs, but less healing. This will reduce other players overhealing so much and wasting mana. It might look bad from the disc priest end of things, but all in all we're getting more of what disc is all about; damage prevention. My only worry is disc's lack of AoE healing. I'm sure PW:S and spirit shell will make up for all that though.

While I'm mainly shadow... there's something to be said about disc and always knowing how much you're going to be able to heal. As far as disc is concerned, all the RNG has been removed from the pure healing output. If you know your noncrit Gheal will heal for 30000, it will always heal for 30000. The only RNG aspect will be whether there's a 30k+ absorb afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    It's all about the attitude you take towards raiding, not how far you progressed or how much you raid a week.
    if you consider yourself any kind of "hardcore" and are working on normal mode empress i truly feel bad for you