Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Scenarios - Do you like them? Could they be better?

Personally, I feel like scenarios have potential but they just aren't there yet. Some of them totally missed the entire time vs money aspect, and really there's no point in running them except to just "see them" (in my opinion). I'm assuming the problem Blizzard has is, trying to balance them to be good enough but not as good as dungeons. Or people would never run dungeons.

I think Blizzard should scrap scenarios completely for level 90 characters, or create a "heroic" scenario that is similar to Brawlers guild for 3 man groups (some trash then hard boss). Scenarios would be a perfect addition to leveling and help with some story aspects that people skip over completely now because they run dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Scenarios would be a perfect addition to leveling and help with some story aspects that people skip over completely now because they run dungeons.
    no they shouldnt retread anything except maybe removed things like the battle for undercity.

scenarios swhould be used soley for story content thats new and adds to the daily hubs/questing zones. the 5.0 scenarios didnt do this but the 5.1 scenarios shouldve been better i kept expecting something at shieldwall to lead me to the other two but they never did. they need to have quests that lead to them like the first trial of varian
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I don't see what the point of them is and what niche they are trying to fill.

If it is purely for updating the story then I suppose it meets its expectations. For *me*, they don't really do anything and there isn't a reward that make it worthwhile for me to do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    Personally, I don't see what the point of them is and what niche they are trying to fill.

If it is purely for updating the story then I suppose it meets its expectations. For *me*, they don't really do anything and there isn't a reward that make it worthwhile for me to do them.
    They're the replacement for group quests.

Deleted
    I find them a bit boring to be honest, I usually end up hoping the stage im on is the last.

It's a good feature but I feel they could be done better.

Bosses with real mechanics are the only thing I miss in scenarios. Otherwise they're pretty fun.

I realize scenarios are supposed to be light and quick and easy, so boss mechanics that have a positive effect when properly executed (boost DPS or something) instead of the standard "you die" when done incorrectly would be cool. I'm just looking for something more than a large health pool to separate bosses from trash.

The other events that you have to complete in scenarios are pretty fun (running kegs, putting out fires, gathering supplies, etc).

Ones where you just kill a bunch of stuff = boring
    Ones where you do fun things, like carrying brew, for example and keeping that orange away = fun

I run scenarios solely for valor. I groan at a few of them - the 5.1 ones mostly - but that's primarily because I get them 9/10 times, and they've become boring. I agree that kill mobs < do fun stuff - but all in all, the quicker I get my daily scenario done, the happier I am, whether that's running through the lightning brew or the arena; fast = good.

I do them solely for VP purposes as it's instant queue and quicker way to get VP for time spend than doing LFR and LFD for the most part.

That being said, beyond just telling a story, they are kind of silly for the most part. I've done like 60 of them, no one ever talks and there has never really been a challenge, especially since I can just solo the things quite easily by myself. Some of them are more interesting than others however because they are a little more engaging even if they aren't hard.

Deleted
    I do them on my DPS characters since it's faster than running 5mans most of the time, especially since the queues are so horrendous.

I'd like to see more short, focused scenarios though instead of the annoying ones like A Little Patience where usually it's up to you to do everything because people don't know what they're doing even though the instructions are on-screen.

Hey ho...

If they added solo scenarios I'd be happy.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Ones where you just kill a bunch of stuff = boring
    Ones where you do fun things, like carrying brew, for example and keeping that orange away = fun
    Disagree actually. I can cleave my way through a bunch of trash nice and fast. When I have to run around the map collecting 3 person's worth of crap by myself because the party is afk or braindead, it makes me emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    I do them on my DPS characters since it's faster than running 5mans most of the time, especially since the queues are so horrendous.

I'd like to see more short, focused scenarios though instead of the annoying ones like A Little Patience where usually it's up to you to do everything because people don't know what they're doing even though the instructions are on-screen.

Hey ho...

If they added solo scenarios I'd be happy.

---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 08:28 PM ----------

Disagree actually. I can cleave my way through a bunch of trash nice and fast. When I have to run around the map collecting 3 person's worth of crap by myself because the party is afk or braindead, it makes me emo.
    Sounds to me like you really don't want to do scenarios at all :x

I've done about 4-5 scenarios ever. They probably just aren't aimed at someone like me, though.

They can be slightly entertaining and tell a good story but after doing them once I haven't felt a need to do them again. I've seen the story they had to tell and the rewards are pretty meaningless to me.

I like them. Given a choice between running a dungeon or three scenarios for the same valor, I generally pick the scenarios. When I was getting my warlock alt geared, he got more gear from scenarios - faster and higher quality, at that - than he did from dungeons. As for whether they could be better, of course they could. There's nothing that exists that doesn't have room for improvement.

I don't think, however, that scrapping them for level 90's would be an improvement. I might actually get a little angry if they did that.

You had "scenarios" before, they were just not instanced and with a queue. The quest chain for Dragonwrath and Fangs of the Father comes into mind.. those were awesome and challenging.

Hopefully Proving Grounds will be more like that, I enjoyed having to use every spell I didn't even remember I had to do some quests.

I think they tried to implement that to find an alternative to dungeon queues for people without a tank or healing spec. It's not necessary a bad idea.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    I like the fact I have something to do between dungeon and BG queues, keeps my occupied when I would otherwise be sitting outside the AH.

Well, to be honest I love the scenarios, but as pointed if they are supposed to replace group quests as Kosak even pointed before release, what's the point of making them a level-cap feature?

They should have been made in 2 flavors, one for the leveling players, another for the capped ones. Unga-ingoo wouldn't make way more sense at level 86? Greenstone as a level 85 presentation of the feature would be awesome. Not to mention unlock Arena of Annihilation as soon as you're granted the quest to open the gates of Eternal Blossom.

Well, I still think it's not too late to fix that.

Scenarios that advance the story are good.

I like the short ones, ones where you dont have to spend ages trying to collect things that are spread over the map since I always seem to get grouped with people who dont know what to do and just afk, forcing me to do all the work, even after I explained it to them. Ungo Ingoo (the one with the Hozen and making booze on the beach), is the worst for this.

Group quests are what they are suppose to replace, barring Ring of Blood, and it's ilk, most group quests were one offs. Go here, kill this elite/s. End of quest. And for your effort of teaming up with 1-4 extra people you got a bigger helping of EXP, and a much better item reward.

Continuing the theme of replacing group quests, group quests were spread through the leveling process of the expansion they were in, TBC you had some in hellfire, terrokkar, nagrand (the ones in Netherstorm and shadowmoon are still in game btw), yet scenarios are only available at max level. Doesn't really seem like a replacement if something I did while leveling is removed and something I can only do at max level is put in it's place.

Scenarios should be avaiable before level 90. Would at least give people another option for leveling or trying to get gear pre 90/5 man heroics. Quests, 5 mans, scenarios.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

No. Reward isnt worth the time, rather do heroics.
    they would be good for leveling though!!!!

I enjoyed them until I decided to go for the Scenaturdist title.

I do them once in a while for quick valor but they are definitely lacking in the "fun" department.