Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New troll model? Council of Elders

I tried to find the post about this, but couldn't find it. Have anyone noticed the Council of Elders bosses? Their details look amazing! Could this mean they're getting close to release player's model preview soon I would hope?? I can't wait!

hope so, im troll for berserking racial but i'd rather be orc for looks, my troll shouldn't be so thin no armor looks right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaez View Post
    I tried to find the post about this, but couldn't find it. Have anyone noticed the Council of Elders bosses? Their details look amazing! Could this mean they're getting close to release player's model preview soon I would hope?? I can't wait!
    I thought that too, but now I just think that they're unique. NPCS like Thrall, Garrosh, Sylvannas already have their own personal models, so maybe they're just trying to avoid the "HURR BLIZZ RECYCLING CONTENT" or something. But hey, maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

It looks very good, and there was a blue post a bit ago when people asked it the new Troll Models in 5.2 are the new Player Trolls Models and they responded with a basically "Maybe, maybe not".
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    hope so, im troll for berserking racial but i'd rather be orc for looks, my troll shouldn't be so thin no armor looks right.
    The male Troll model looks a bit overly bulky and the female ones look to be about the same as the current. You don't think armor would look weird stretched over that giant things back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    The male Troll model looks a bit overly bulky and the female ones look to be about the same as the current. You don't think armor would look weird stretched over that giant things back?
    anything is better than a 7ft hunch back with a 7 inch waist, my belt looks like a bracelet.

Deleted
    anything is better than a 7ft hunch back with a 7 inch waist, my belt looks like a bracelet.
    I like the look of my Troll warrior tbh, i think that is just a matter of opionion. Also i don't think that they will change the skeleton of the new models too much, even if they update them, so no you won't get that muscular forest troll model for your troll chars

This won't be the new player model but it might give you an idea of their intended art direction

High Priestess Mar'li is certainly what I expect the female troll remodel to look like.

For the males, its a little harder to tell. I can't see if they're going to be more similar to a blue version of Sul's model or more similar to Vol'jin's. Or perhaps they'll look like neither.

I'm somewhat more inclined to think they just made new models specifically for this fight almost entirely because of the flak they took over the orc and the tauren bosses in Dragon Soul being, respectively, an orc and a tauren.

Whatever the new troll player models are going to look like, they probably won't be the exact same model as these.

This was discussed a while ago when the raid models were released two (?) months ago. I remember many people complaining that the female troll's feet were too blocky and big compared to the rest of the body and that her butt looked rather saggy because of where the asscheek lines textures are placed. Aside from that, she was received rather positive. I would reroll a female troll if she is a preview to what we could expect for the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I'm somewhat more inclined to think they just made new models specifically for this fight almost entirely because of the flak they took over the orc and the tauren bosses in Dragon Soul being, respectively, an orc and a tauren.

Whatever the new troll player models are going to look like, they probably won't be the exact same model as these.
    I don't think Dragon Soul had a single new model except for Deathwing's tentacles, did it? Either way, they've seem to put a lot of effort into trolls for the Throne of Thunder. I wouldn't be surprised if they frankenstein'd in some elements of the troll remodel though to save some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I don't think Dragon Soul had a single new model except for Deathwing's tentacles, did it?
    It had some...Deathwing himself used new models in both Spine and Madness, and the elementals he spawned during those fights were new. And...uh...Blackhorn's armor was new!

Do Ysera and Nozdormu's new models count? D:

I think they're custom boss NPCS. At the very most they're a good example of the quality we may get in troll models when models are reworked though, so for that it's a good sign.

Here's another pretty good image to show how the models will be improved. ON the left we have the Burning Crusade Pandaren player model, on the right the current model.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    It had some...Deathwing himself used new models in both Spine and Madness, and the elementals he spawned during those fights were new. And...uh...Blackhorn's armor was new!

It also had new models in the 5-mans. Murozond, Azshara, etc.

No. The council of Elders bosses are retextured and reskinned models over regular Troll Skeletons.

As far I know, we're getting total and 100% updates for player models (or at least implied by GC in his tweets).

So no, we won't look like the Elder's and it doesn't mean they're any closer. We can guarantee that the detail in those models will be similar to our new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post

Pretty much everything in both Spine and Madness was new, except for Kalecgos, Alexstrasza, and the blood adds. Honestly, the Madness version of DW had half his face blown off, a gigantic hole in his chest and his limbs all turned into wiggly stubs. How that still gets pegged as model reuse is beyond me. It wasn't even the same skeleton. The version of DW that flapped around incinerating random zones did not have removable back plates. Even the Maelstrom was new. The in-fight version had a completely different layout from the one visited during the entry to Deepholm quests. Wyrmrest had a new model. Try visiting it in Dragonblight again. If it's full of holes and has the roof blasted clean off, that would make it identical.

Reuse of setting and reuse of assets are not the same thing.

Blackhorn's armor, however, was heroic warrior tier 13, and thus could be described as having been reused, albeit within the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    It also had new models in the 5-mans. Murozond, Azshara, etc.
    I had always just assumed that those were recycled models from the WotA raid that never was. Otherwise I found it odd that a 5-man received more new models and textures than the final raid of Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    No. The council of Elders bosses are retextured and reskinned models over regular Troll Skeletons.

As far I know, we're getting total and 100% updates for player models (or at least implied by GC in his tweets).

So no, we won't look like the Elder's and it doesn't mean they're any closer. We can guarantee that the detail in those models will be similar to our new models.
    I've been curious about this for awhile. Whether we were getting a total overhaul or just a new model on the same skeleton. Either way, its possible that those might be an example of the new models and they're just using the old skeleton animations because the new ones aren't finished.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think they're custom boss NPCS. At the very most they're a good example of the quality we may get in troll models when models are reworked though, so for that it's a good sign.

Here's another pretty good image to show how the models will be improved. ON the left we have the Burning Crusade Pandaren player model, on the right the current model.
    This image needs to spread around more.

That kind of upgrade is like going from Human Male to Chuck Norris or Anduin/Wrathion-quality.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more retexture old skeleton than model with completly new animation etc. but still That Female Troll Priestes looks great