Thread: Concussion

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Concussion

2 days ago while working I had a torsion spring snap catching me across the head with a metal bar, I saw sliver and was dizzy.
    I was told I might have a concussion my head swole up on one side and it hurts to open my jaw wide.

I still managed to work, drive and everything. It seems odd but I feel like Im drunk but in a more alert way, just doing thing I dont normally do and considering doing stuff I would never consider doing.
    Its odd but Im somewhat enjoying it.

So.. you didn't go to the hospital?

Deleted
    Uh.. you probably should go see a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoy your blood clot?

Go to the Doctor now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    So.. you didn't go to the hospital?
    No, I got down, took a minute and stopped the bleeding and finished my jobs for the day.

Have not been to the doctor in a very long time and have a great avoidance to them.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    No, I got down, took a minute and stopped the bleeding and finished my jobs for the day.

Have not been to the doctor in a very long time and have a great avoidance to them.
    Dude, you need to go to the ER. Head injuries are no joke. That's not something you want to let go.

Deleted
    I smell troll...but incase you arent one....
    Go...see...the...ER...now... Worst case scenario is that you die, better case is that you become a vegetable...

Ohh, did i say, GO SEE THE DAMN DOCTOR !?!?!?

I feel like Im drunk but in a more alert way
    Dont wait for a doctor. Hospital. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I smell troll.
    I'd prove Im not but I dont care to post a picture of my horrible looking self on here to show where I was hit.

What will a doctor do, tell me I got an concussion? They cant exactly open and drain it

15+ Year Old Account
    Aversion to the doctor isn't a good reason to die of an aneurysm or other possible complication. Also, unless you work for a very small company most states and countries have some form of workers comp.

I'm honestly surprised your company didn't try to force you to go or sign away any right to seek compensation over the injury. If they find out they likely will.

Deleted
    I'd prove Im not but I dont care to post a picture of my horrible looking self on here to show where I was hit.

What will a doctor do, tell me I got an concussion? They cant exactly open and drain it
    Way to drunk for this, but the impact made your brain swoll up, the drunk feeling is your brain touching the inside of your cranium. (or close to)
    You could have ehm, brainbleed(no idea of english word) which can cause pressure and even more damage if left unattended.

Im no doctor (work with computers lol) but if you feel drunk, thats a sign of something not being right, its not just ohh my head hurts...
    I know it sucks (i stay away from doctors like the plague) but you have sympthons any 5 year old could puzzle together from house...
    Go see a doctor :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be forced to see a doctor if you got injured on work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Aversion to the doctor isn't a good reason to die of an aneurysm or other possible complication. Also, unless you work for a very small company most states and countries have some form of workers comp.

I'm honestly surprised your company didn't try to force you to go or sign away any right to seek compensation over the injury. If they find out they likely will.

I own the place, my workers comp does not cover me since I am the owner, just employees and removes the liability from where I working, its basically called a "ghost policy" and damn thing still costs $1500 year but I got to carry it.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty troll-y statement, but: they'll do a nurological exam and determine the need for further tests. Likely they will do a CAT scan to check for internal bleeding and if you did have serious internal bleeding they WOULD likely open it and drain it, one way or another, because it is life-threatening.....

Please note: I am not a medical doctor and none of the forging was medical advice, merely speculation, but still.

As an EMT, I think you either need to call 911 or have someone else drive you to the ER, as I don't really think it's safe for you to be driving in your condition. You might just have a concussion or it could be something more serious, so you REALLY need to get it checked out. Like I said, brain injuries are no joke, and it's possible that if you have a serious enough head injury you could have a spinal injury as well.

Seriously, get to the hospital ASAP. Don't let your fear of doctors keep you from going or it could get worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    I own the place, my workers comp does not cover me since I am the owner, just employees and removes the liability from where I working, its basically called a "ghost policy" and damn thing still costs $1500 year but I got to carry it.
    If you have any partners, lien-holders, franchise agreements, or any other liability to anyone else over the business, you could theoretically still get in trouble for being injured on the job and not dealing with it properly.

Also, if you were on a job-site or bonded for the work in any way.

I wouldn't call it exactly likely, but it's a possibility.

Deleted
    Also, if you arent a troll, you were concious enough to realize something is seriously wrong... to come post here in the first time.
    You got the confirmation, its a resounding YES go to the hospital.
    Case closed.

Yeah, I'd get that looked at asap. Any accidents that occur due to your condition would leave you liable since you're aware of the injury and aren't attending to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the hospital before you sleep. Head injuries are something you always want to get checked out immediately.