Deleted

What of these I should play - Thread

I'm not sure is there already thread like this but I guess there isn't.

Idea is to tell some games what you are interested of. But you still are not quite sure which one you should focus on. I'm the guy who likes to focus on one game and stay on it. But I'm also person who can't always make final decision so well all alone. So I thought that there could be also others like me.

To help fellow forum members give you actual advice you should of course tell something about you and what kind of games you like most. Example do you like more just adventuring in MMORPG world, or maybe some PVP on MMORPG games like WoW... or maybe you are more like competitive game guy?

It would be also good idea to tell why you like those games you listed and why you can't make your decision you own.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 05:30 AM ----------

Okey so I make first post my own because that's the reason why I made this thread.

I'm between few games but I would like to focus on just one for long time and try to be really good at it. Those games are: Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm (I have not bought it because I'm not sure is it right game for me. I of course have Wing of Liberty version of it.) World of Warcraft, Dota 2 and Path of Exile.

And now to the actual problem. I like to play game where skill really matters. I remember that like 2-3 years SC2 was only game where skill really mattered. If you won match. It was because you was better than your opponent. If you lost... well you earned that loss. What I have read nowdays from HotS it's not so good balance that it used to be. At least I have heard that Zerg is under powered, Terran is really strong and Protoss air is ridiculously strong. If I want to play game which is skill based is SC2 only good option? And how good it is? Or is maybe Dota 2 even better?

At this moment I have only one friend to play with. I have played Dota 2 some time with him. But sometimes we just loose matches in that game because our team mates are horrible and they feed all game a long. Of course it's not alawys like that. But matches like those where you can't really do anything to win match no matter how well you play makes me think why I even play that game. What do you guys think about that?

Reason why I listed World of Warcraft to this list is because of Arena and nostalgia what I have with that game. I used to have over 4 friends playing this game in Wotlk and in last expansion cataclysm. Well times have changed. Nowdays I have only one friend playing this game now and then so Arena isn't even viable option because you need at least 3 guys to play 3on3 where this game is "balanced". WoW balance is worst of all these three. Or what you guys think?

As last option I said Path of Exile. Well I know it's not PVP game. In this game I think I'm my own worst enemy because I only like to play HC in Path of Exile. But always when I die im so close to uninstall whole game. Not because I died but because always when I die I don't even know why I died. Example as my last dead I just couldn't move or anything but I didn't have any debuff on me either. I'm not sure that is it that stun doesn't have own debuff or even own animation in that game (yet). Anyway I think that I don't patience to learn to be good on that game because it's not playing against other human beings. It's playing against computer and when you are good in that game it doesn't give me enough satisfaction.

I know that I give already little answers to myself but I would like to know what you think because it gives me whole new edge to this whole thing. If I should sum this whole thing somehow... Well I don't have everyday so much time to play which means normally that I can't play on any team or guild. I have work and I'm living in same house with my girlfriend. Sometimes I can play much sometimes I can't play at all... or maybe really little. Which would make my team mates really frustrated. Because of that it would be good to play some game what I can play all alone. In that case SC2 seems really good option. But is it for me? I hate loosing much but could I be able to overcome it? That's the question. I know that I'm able to everything if I want it enough but first I would like to know what's your opinions about current state of SC2 balance since I have heard really strange things about it.

As my final words of this post I also want to tell that I was adding to that game list Guild Wars 2 but I didn't do it because that game doesn't have good match making in my opinion. It just had good patch but it wasn't as good as I wanted. It was decent though. It's good PVE game but I think It's not for me. PVE is fun for me some time. But if I want to focus on some game. It really isn't Guild Wars 2.

I hope you guys can help me with this. As stupid is it sounds I can't figure this out myself.

Thanks!

---

TLDR; I want to play competitive solo game and focus on it for years. What I should play?

Please check the stickies before creating threads.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1151542