Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anybody know about how long until the next expansion is released?

i wanna start playing when next expansion hits..
    its too late to start now with everybody fully geared already.

thats the thing with wow..
    if you miss out there is no catching up due to caps.
    honor caps
    valor caps
    arena caps
    all stupid

so yeah when is next expansion roughly how long do you think

The best anyone can ever tell you on release dates is Soontm

With that being said, it's never too late to start playing. You can still get gear.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can definitely get caught up. It's going to be awhile before the next expansion so might as well hop into it now. :P

If I had to guess; a year.

Announcement more than likely at blizzcon, and then release holiday season or soon after. That is what the pattern has been like.

I got my monk to 90 last week and in an hour a day for 5 days and about 4 hours on monday morning I got high enough ilevel to get all the way to Lei Shen. Sure my numbers were abysmal for healing but I did it, and I knew the fights that that helped keep people from kicking me, especially when I was the only healer keeping people up after dorumu's two death beams.

Here is what I did.
    I got to 90 then bought PVP 458 gear (as a healer I took anything with spirit on it), typically I got these for 50-300 gold each.
    I did 4 dungeon runs and also a scenario a day. I got no loot from scenarios but I got 3 pieces from Dungeons.
    I killed sha and looted the item that started the quest to get me 476 boots.
    I killed Galeon and got a ring. (Do Galeon and Sha on Tuesdays, there is always a group doing it and they tend to run straight from one to the other.)
    I went to isle of thunder and did all the 1 man scenarios to get access to the island.
    I killed a rare (spawns every 30 mins and everyone gangs up on them and we all get loot even out of group and out of faction), and got a key to Lei Shens trophey room.
    I used the lei shens trophy room key and only looted the first room. Use a treasure chest to jump up on the wall ledge and run the ledge all around the room to get the best loot. This gave me 12 greater coins to use in LFR.
    I used an Incantation of Deng and got 2 more coins in court of bones.
    I exchanged incantations inside my guild from my main to get more coins on my new monk.
    I did Nalak but got nothing.
    I went to Karasang and started the Operation daily area then went to Orc Base and killed 3 rare PVP mobs until I got 2 480 trinkets, which are useless in PVE but they shot my ilevel up and I got into LFR.
    I ran LFR over and over again using coins in every single repeat to keep getting loot. On day 4 I was in Throne of Thunder LFR.

I am now ilevel 482 with a throne of thunder lfr weapon and the only crappy gear I have is a trinket and my shoulders.

The coins fall like rain in Isle of thunder. so anyone can do it.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-05-21 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post

honor caps
    valor caps
    arena caps
    all stupid

How do you know you will want to play the next expansion when you do not know what the next expansion will be. The next expansion is probably going to be released in September-December 2014. Why pay them $240 from now until then if the next expansion, and not MOP, is what you want to play. I just quit again in MOP and will wait for Blizzcon, then follow leaks from alpha and news from beta to decide whether I want to play the next expansion. There is no guarantee it will be Emerald Dream, Azshara or Burning Legion. They made KungFu panda expansion, it could be "anything" next. It could suck balls even worse than Cata and MOP.

They released expansions every 2 years, regardless of what they might say they will in the future. It won't be out before September 2014.

honor caps
    valor caps
    arena caps
    all stupid

you can get caught up perfectly fine.

however it will be hard to find a 2k+ rating team if you are a fresh 90. but there are no barriers to entry put in the game itself anymore(hell PvP gear wont even really have PvP stats on it anymore)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK hit 90 a few weeks ago. He's in mostly 502 and some 522 gear now. There is no reason for me to not be literally gear capped before 5.4. And then also at 5.4.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Why do you want to "catch up"? How about you take the time and enjoy the content you missed?

After one month of playing, chances are you'll be caught up enough to enter the latest LFR raid no problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get ~500 ilvl in 2 weeks after you hit 90. It's not expensive or difficult.
    That said: Expansion will most likely be announced at BlizzCon and hinted at at Gamescom. So it's not gonna be thaaaat long.

You can get caught up if you want to- there's not as much of a barrier as it seems, though it's certainly not painless.

However, as to the release date of the next expansion, there has not been any official indication or word on when it will come out.

Anything at this point is purely speculation and educated guesses. Signs seems to point to sometime between early spring and late summer 2014.

About 6 months a raid....so about March 2014
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

It depends on how far along they are into the development when they announce the next expansion, and then it will be how long until the beta, then how far along the beta progresses. However, we won't get any idea what the expansion even is until around November, when Blizzcon happens and they release the first wave of information there.

Considering how fast this expansion has been coming along, and how the end raid isn't even out, I'd say we still have quite a few months until we get an idea.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

honor caps
    valor caps
    arena caps
    all stupid

Next expanion will be next spring.. Aprilish.

But really, you want to start playing now. Depending no how you want to raid, you can easily get caught up. If you are a new player, it will take you a month or two to get to lvl 90. but then it is fairly quick to catch up as far as gear. maybe another month of running LFR.

I really don´t think you understand how valor caps and all that stuff works. Basically there is a soft reset every patch.. Probably the WORST thing you can do if you are worried about catching up is start when an expansion launches, beccause you will have a ton of leveling to do.

Now is a pretty good time to start playing. if you are a semi-efficient player, you will be caught up before 5.4 hits with the new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can catch up easily, if you actually play the game. Expecting to receive epics in your mail doesnt work. I had my monk alt in itemlevel 495 in about a week. Which is basicly nothing. Saying theres no way to catch up or be in the current content in a reasonable amount of time only shows that you aren't trying. Something tells me you dont understand clearly how the system or gearing works this xpac, and you are takeing the slowest route.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-05-21 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will probably be at the end of next year, or possibly during the summer of 2014. It all depends on when 5.4 and the final patch of Mists is released.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    About 6 months a raid....so about March 2014
    There was a livestream today with GC and the Pvp Dev. 5.3 tomorrow and 5.4 will be much sooner than expected as they want to get more raid content out for guilds who have cleared everything. Blizzcon will most likely give the date for a actual xpac but they said content will start coming sooner and that they think difficulty is tuned correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    You can get caught up if you want to- there's not as much of a barrier as it seems, though it's certainly not painless.

However, as to the release date of the next expansion, there has not been any official indication or word on when it will come out.

Anything at this point is purely speculation and educated guesses. Signs seems to point to sometime between early spring and late summer 2014.
    So, if 5.4 drops before/by end of summer, that would be 9 months - 1 year of the same raid tier... kinda would work against their whole "more content faster" philosophy we've had. I'd more likely predict a Feb-Apr release, at the latest.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

honor caps
    What honor caps? LOL, I caught up on honor in a few weeks, months after the expansion launched. And I was just doing super casual PVP, a few BGs a day at most.

I finished my VP grind less than 3 months into ToT and it probably has another 3 months to go. If I'd been raiding I probably wouldn't even have had a use for a lot of those pieces, so it would've been a lot less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.