Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From the quote on the front page, it is obviously going to be the scaling of players option if they enter old content, not in the form of LFR i think, just exactly the way Challenge modes work now.

You would make a raid group, go to ICC or Sunwell or something, RL turns it to "Scaled" and bam, old content with transmog, valour, gold, mounts/pets as rewards.

The reason I say it wont be LFR style is because the number of people running it will most likely make queue times insane, where as with challenge modes if a group is bored they can go do some old raids which don't die in seconds for the above rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    From the quote on the front page, it is obviously going to be the scaling of players option if they enter old content, not in the form of LFR i think, just exactly the way Challenge modes work now.

You would make a raid group, go to ICC or Sunwell or something, RL turns it to "Scaled" and bam, old content with transmog, valour, gold, mounts/pets as rewards.

The reason I say it wont be LFR style is because the number of people running it will most likely make queue times insane, where as with challenge modes if a group is bored they can go do some old raids which don't die in seconds for the above rewards.
    No way they will introduce a new format like that without a auto cross realm grouping system, it will be lfr or just like it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    No way they will introduce a new format like that without a auto cross realm grouping system, it will be lfr or just like it.
    Just like LFD challenge modes which are totally in the game right now? There aren't enough people who would run content like that, unless they ONLY let you queue for one old raid, or else you would have 3 or 4 old raids which people like or don't like and queue only for the one they like...making the pool of people queueing for that specific one even less.

Just like LFD challenge modes which are totally in the game right now? There aren't enough people who would run content like that, unless they ONLY let you queue for one old raid, or else you would have 3 or 4 old raids which people like or don't like and queue only for the one they like...making the pool of people queueing for that specific one even less.
    Challenge modes are totally different though, those are expected to have extreme coordination and skill, i don't see that happening with scaled raids.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

the feature from 5.4 will be lfg and lfr working with cross faction to reduce queue time and allow ppl to play with more friends

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling it right now:

It's not going to be 'scaling down' of gear/level/stats (as they have already said they might put this into the next expansion), it's the reimplementation of Naxx40, ZG25, old Scholo/Sunken Temple/SM. Only issue is this isn't a "feature".

There's some info on the front page from the Tom Chilton interview that talks about scaling down gear/stats

[qoute]Scaling down gear and character stats for old content is on the list of things that would be nice to do, it is just a matter of when there will be time to do it.[/quote]

The fact that they talked about it now means it's probably not the 5.4 feature.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

So how do you propose to fix the problem of little to no one queueing for your specific raid? Unless they only roll it out with one available, and even then that doesn't fix the amount of people who would want to run that specific raid vs wouldn't.

So how do you propose to fix the problem of little to no one queueing for your specific raid? Unless they only roll it out with one available, and even then that doesn't fix the amount of people who would want to run that specific raid vs wouldn't.
    Add in some kind of unique vanity item for each raid, combined with nostalgia that should be enough. If it isn't then just turn it into 10-man instead of the standard 25-man LFR.

Make it Region wide not battle group (or whatever pve equivelent).
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Make it Region wide not battle group (or whatever pve equivelent).
    May work actually, I'd rather they fix the bind to account issues they have with different realms though before they did something like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Makes absolutely no sense to have a LFR for old content that is already soloable.

I'd say the 'top feature' will be user created content in the form of scenarios.
    They would obviously reduce the itemisation of stats. They were talking about doing it totally for MoP as damage is getting too high, but they wanted to see how it went. I think we will see that come in the next expansion 100%.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 07:09 PM ----------

The secret is already out, it is going to be old content. I just don't think it will be LFR.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    the feature from 5.4 will be lfg and lfr working with cross faction to reduce queue time and allow ppl to play with more friends
    They have already said it is old content (Ghostcrawler tweet).

I'd rather it be challenge modes rather than LFR.

I would only accept any form of scaling if all rewards were scaled as well, to some applicable arbitrary item level that is functional. Including legendaries. Level 90 Thunderfury, hell yeah.

Otherwise, scaling old raids=zzzzzzzzzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    a LF(old)R function would never stop the calls for vanilla/tbc servers sorry ;P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    I would only accept any form of scaling if all rewards were scaled as well, to some applicable arbitrary item level that is functional. Including legendaries. Level 90 Thunderfury, hell yeah.

Otherwise, scaling old raids=zzzzzzzzzzz
    Don't expect any gear to be scaled up, if anything they'll just put new gear in there. Also, I feel sorry for you that your sole enjoyment of this game comes from gear and nothing else.

Why would Level 90 rehashes (actually the right term for this) be any fun?

Playing them at level now will never measure up to the memories you have (Time has a way of making things seem better than they really were), so you'll be able to run content you can solo (or duo) now into stuff you need a raid for, score! And the reduced odds of getting the transmog-item you want because there's a bunch of people besides just you there will rock so hard! (No points for guessing that this is meant sarcastically)

Deleted
    I'm very much hoping for what OP has said

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Don't expect any gear to be scaled up, if anything they'll just put new gear in there. Also, I feel sorry for you that your sole enjoyment of this game comes from gear and nothing else.
    I feel sorry that you did not already put hundreds of hours into each classic raid when it was current content. Otherwise, I doubt you'd be such a snide prick about someone else not wanting to do that all over again for no reason other than to satisfy nostalgia only to then turn into grief and regret that you came back only to wipe for hours on a difficult boss/mechanic. Yeah, I'm such a sad, sad person.

Pretty obvious from the hints they've dropped already and the fact that stat scaling tech is already in the game that the new feature will let you do old raids and/or dungeons with scaled down stats for the correct time period. Perhaps in the form of lfr/challenge modes or something.

And really, unless they are very generous with the ilvl they give us, do you really want to do 25man PUGs for things like Black Temple at lvl 70? I think that is the real reason it will be ´challenge mode´ style rather than LFR. If they did LFR, then they would have to go back and remove a ton of mechanisms from every raid. It will be challenge mode where you will have to form your own groups.