Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diehard reader reporting in. Science Fiction (with a lean towards fiction with heavy science fact in them) and Fantasy preferred. To those who talk about reading a magazine... that is not the same thing. Technical manuals can actually be very enlightening and I approve of those. Books books everywhere, probably have over a few thousand books in my household. About a hundred of which are in my room evenly split between a bookshelf and various locations in my room. I probably read on average a book every two weeks or so (sometimes reading a couple in a single week if i lose some sleep).

And to Itisamuh, you say you hate reading but love epic stories you are missing out on some hugely epic books out there. Wheel of Time is fairly good but there is better out there, much better in my opinion. Obviously I am not you but maybe you are just in denial about reading... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by neataDype View Post
    Now a days we are so busy in facebook, any many other social networks or in the internet. We have not much more time to spend in books however I like to read books. What about you? Do you like reading books..?
    I have never read a book I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Most of them were forced in school, and despite having to answer stupid questions to make sure I actually read the book, I always enjoyed them. My mom then turned me on to this badass series about a CIA assassin/counterterrorism operative and I can't get enough. Probably like 13 books in all and i've read em each twice now.

Books were my stepping stone to video games; I regret nothing.

I still pick them up now and then, but it's hard to pull the same level of immersion from fully interactive and visual media such as video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Love to read books.
    Used to read 2-3 books pr day before, but i don't feel like i have much time for it anymore, since i don't put a book down if i start with it. So i need 4-8 hours of free time to begin with a book, so mostly reading during the summer, when i have vacation.

I still feel bad whenever i don't get to read one of the popular books that all the friends reads <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I love to read but dont do it all that often, Mostly fantasy and historical fiction. Ive read and liked almost all the WoW books, only one so far that I thought was bad, Cycle of Hatred, not horrible but seemed more like a 100 page short story drug out to be 300+.

15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what kind of books. I really love fantasy and books based around a war.

I enjoy reading anything written by Lee Child

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    I love reading fantasy books stuff like Eragon used to hate reading but after reading Eragon i started to pick up more books.

Deleted
    I enjoy reading. I'm reading "The dark tower: The drawing of the three" atm. I also read ALOT of manga xD

Deleted
    I only like reading non-fiction.

I used to love it. Been reading one book every day. Now somehow i cant force myself to read, dunno why.

Deleted
    I do absolutely love reading. I just rarely get the chance to read anything that isn't academic or course-related. When I'm on holiday however, I read a mix of books. Usually some fantasy, dark and comical. Then sometimes one or two Clive cusslers or booksalike.

Deleted
    I like reading a good book. I dont really read a lot since i barely ever get to starting, but when i actually do read, i will do so a lot. I tend to prefer fantasy/midieval books.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love reading books, but I get too caught up in all the new games that keep coming out that I have a hard time saving some time for reading. When I was about 8-12 I read books all the time, granted they were more suited for young people (Think Harry Potter) but I burned through books at a high speed. Now, I can read a chapter from a Tolkien book (20ish pages) in around an hour. Should've kept on reading when I picked up WoW. :/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I do enjoy reading, but I don't read often enough. I actually want to read, but I don't own any books that I haven't read and I rarely go to bookstores (the closest real bookstore is an hour away) or the local library.

If it's something I'm very interested in I absolutely love it, but for the most part I don't care much about fictional stories besides WoW, else I always watch the movie or play the games instead. I did read Dave Mustaine's book about the life of being in Megadeth not too long ago, and it was an amazing read.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read massive amounts of books, mostly nonfiction because I am a dull person. I also have a book blog, so I can share my dullness with the world.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I like reading, but I admit that I do it only when I can't access the internet. While traveling, I love reading. I do have a laptop, but I hate using it in the middle of a crowded ferry or train.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read most nights before bed, favourite authors include

Robin Hobb
    David Gemmell
    Brent Weeks
    Trudi Canavan

Always have. As a kid in school, I'd take books out to the playground and read them during recess. I like pretty much anything fantasy or science fiction.