Keeping The Alliance / Horde split Meaningful

When WoW first launched the two factions were pretty distinct, but over time the prevalence of neutral factions and addition of new themes to each side has resulted them being more similar.

What would be a good way to keep the Horde/Alliance faction split meaningful and interesting? What are some ideological / thematic aspects that could be identified more with one side than with the other, even if they stay present in both?

For example, even if both sides have Technology and machines now that Gobbos are in the Horde, it doesn't necessarily mean they have to use it in the same way.
    Twas brillig

The sad fact is that whenever an idiosyncrasy for one side becomes apparent, the other will get "grass is greener" syndrome and there will be an outpouring of complaints. Just take a look at shamans and paladins, for example.

the means by which both sides conduct themselves? which is what i thought was the big reason if not at least an important one to separate the two.

The reason there isnt much of a split is because of the grass is greenier choice, i believe most top ranked guilds are horde (racials lol). Hell there was alot of complaints that AV was alliance favored back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    The reason there isnt much of a split is because of the grass is greenier choice, i believe most top ranked guilds are horde (racials lol). Hell there was alot of complaints that AV was alliance favored back in the day.
    that fucking bridge man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thin that I like that the difference becomes less and less apparent, that it seems each day more political in nature. It's not clean cut, it's muddled and even arbitrary. Pick a side, or get caught in the middle of war.

I'm talking more about story things than gameplay ones.
    Twas brillig