Best instance to solo farm

hey guys,

Once I hit 90 I would like to start farming forgotten/ignored instances for coin and drops. What group of instances do you guys recommend I run for the best profit?
    I'm still thinking about it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan.

- Beautiful transmogs
    - Mount
    - Challenge Solo'ing Chess
    - Atmospheric, easy on the eyes
    - Thousands of mobs
    - Chance of TBC boe World Drops.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Stratholm for Baron Rivendar's Deathcharger. As for monetary drops, you could do what I am seeing lots of bots do. Run Shattered Halls or Halls of Lightning. Though, at this point, I am not sure why Shattered Halls is being run. Halls of lightning though... the frostweave could bring a decent amount of gold (at least it does on my server)
    Yeah, I saw the bot thread which led me to create this one. I don't bot so I really do not have several auto-characters to take advantage of SH like bots do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Karazhan.
    Raids are something I plan on doing weekly. Kara is definitely on my to-do list.

SFK Regular non Heroic. I mean don't do it because im the only wanting to make piles of g on this.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious as to what's in Shattered Halls too. I saw a group of unguilded 80 hunters running that place - presumably bots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I'm curious as to what's in Shattered Halls too. I saw a group of unguilded 80 hunters running that place - presumably bots.
    Big packs of mobs...and if memory serves correct...isn't there a hallway with constantly-spawning adds? So, I guess a bot could set up there and kill/loot over and over.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

If I find myself with some downtime, I usually do Sethekk Halls, Magister's Terrace, or Stratholme for the mounts. No luck so far :|

15+ Year Old Account
    Botanica. About 500g per run if you have professions, mainly tailoring and enchanting. Sometimes you get super valuable drops too. Naxxramas is still good too, lots of glyph books and damaged necklaces which still sell nicely.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Big packs of mobs...and if memory serves correct...isn't there a hallway with constantly-spawning adds? So, I guess a bot could set up there and kill/loot over and over.
    The constant adds don't drop loot. But you're correct, Shattered Halls is mobtastic

Deleted
    You can't farm old raids for gold any more as they nerfed the amount that dropped. For example, from 100g from Rag, it's now like...10g or below, if I remember correctly. Sucks, soloing made me gold. ;P

I'd recommend AQ 20 or 40. 20 especially because the mobs drop old class tomes (I think that's what they're called) and they sell for 10g each, so it's a nice bonus.
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2013-03-04 at 03:43 PM.

No need to be 90 to farm Karazhan, I do it on 6 toon each weeks, 3 lvl 90 and 3 lvl 85 with shitty gear

I do some solo run with two of my 90, Onyxia and The Eye,Kael Thas for mount, And got the bird last week

Then Ill do some run in Heroic Utguard Pinnacle for the blue proto drake and Magister Terrace for the the white chocobo

Molten core,nice xmog, a shoot to have some legendary, maybe some Blood of the mountain drops ( a lil extra gold), some vanity pets

For money run, I loot everything and the reward are most of all shitty , I had a luck in Kara wich I sold a sword for 5k, the rest it's just netherweave cloth and shit

At some point I was running AQ40, for some vanity pets, but got tired, no point at all to go there, or if you want some vanity pet or rare enchant formula
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2013-03-04 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    You can't farm old raids for gold any more as they nerfed the amount that dropped. For example, from 100g from Rag, it's now like...10g or below, if I remember correctly. Sucks, soloing made me gold. ;P

I'd recommend AQ 20 or 40. 20 especially because the mobs drop old class tomes (I think that's what they're called) and they sell for 10g each, so it's a nice bonus.
    Well In kara every boss drops 2-3 items for about 8-12 g each so an average of 30g a boss is pretty decent.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Too bad raids can only be done once per week

I'm thinking WotLK will be great for their easiness, vendor drops, coin and ah cloth. Utgarde, Gundrak and UTK seem the best options. I can do their respective heroics, then change to normal and farm them each five times before I am locked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post

I made a few thousand gold selling the pets from AQ40. Apparently people don't realize how easy they are to farm.
    You can also get your tier 2.5 gear from AQ40 which makes for some nice (rarer) transmogs if you're into that. I finally managed to get full Avenger's on my paladin and got a few compliments.

I also believe AQ20 gives Cenarion rep. You can make some gold, get exalted, and get a title. Not too bad.