Deleted

5.1 Absence, Advice for 5.2 Gearing for raiding standards (Armory Link Included)

I've been absent for all of 5.1 (Less the completion of MSV LFR)

I've found a guild, with adequate raiding times and have started the gear climb with what i can (BoEs Etc). I am still in need of wrists from HC Dungeon (First boss in Shadow Pan) and the recipe for my JC gem. My Second profession will be Herbalism.

What do you think, an adequate item level would be to re-apply as a raiding trial, as appose to the social spot i was given on the condition of gearing.

Naturally I'm aware i can ask my Officers/GM, But I'm looking for a generalized opinion and ways to catch up with Item level as I feel (My opinion) the gaps are quite substancial in between current raids and the new 522 ilvl from Thunder King.

All advice is appreciated,

Thanks

Acharya

Armory Link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Acharya/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    In the 5.2 patch notes, they stated that the loot drops in LFR for pre 5.2 raids will be greatly increased. That includes bonus loot rolls as well as boss loot drops.

So I would suggest you just start accumulating valor points and run all the LFR's you can (based on your current gear ilvl) and you should be ready to run 5.2 raids very soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    In the 5.2 patch notes, they stated that the loot drops in LFR for pre 5.2 raids will be greatly increased. That includes bonus loot rolls as well as boss loot drops.

So I would suggest you just start accumulating valor points and run all the LFR's you can (based on your current gear ilvl) and you should be ready to run 5.2 raids very soon.
    Appreciated comment, And an item level for 5.2 raiding? If 496 is the current highest normal mode item level, and 522 is the new normal item level in 5.2. Where would i sit and be at an adequate item level for raiding? As a moonkin this is. I'm still just out of the soft haste cap etc.

As someone who just leveled up a boomkin to 90, I feel like they're a very gear dependent class. We asked one of our mages to reroll to a resto/balance druid and are shooting for at least a 480 ilevel before bringing him to 5.2 raids. Also, 480 is the cutoff for the new LFRs so that's a good number to shoot for.

Also - with 5.2, you can get a 522 neck piece at Neutral with the new faction, so that'll help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    As someone who just leveled up a boomkin to 90, I feel like they're a very gear dependent class. We asked one of our mages to reroll to a resto/balance druid and are shooting for at least a 480 ilevel before bringing him to 5.2 raids. Also, 480 is the cutoff for the new LFRs so that's a good number to shoot for.

Also - with 5.2, you can get a 522 neck piece at Neutral with the new faction, so thet'll help.
    Indeed, it is my eldest character and one i raided with a few years back, 5 nights a week. I re-rolled when i went on my accountancy course to a warrior, due to going casual to fit around studies, but nothing really compares to my Moonkin and I'm at a stage where i can raid again. It's been 90 for a while, but ive been gearing it for around 4 days?

Based on what you say (and i appreciate the reply based on experience) A recommendation of 480 item level is acceptable? As i asked what would be preferred (Resto/Moonkin) to which Moonkin was the answer and I've been gearing around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
    Indeed, it is my eldest character and one i raided with a few years back, 5 nights a week. I re-rolled when i went on my accountancy course to a warrior, due to going casual to fit around studies, but nothing really compares to my Moonkin and I'm at a stage where i can raid again. It's been 90 for a while, but ive been gearing it for around 4 days?

Based on what you say (and i appreciate the reply based on experience) A recommendation of 480 item level is acceptable? As i asked what would be preferred (Resto/Moonkin) to which Moonkin was the answer and I've been gearing around that.
    I took my boomkin to our MSV farm run a few weeks ago. It's at 469 ilevel and it was pretty funny how low my dps was. I was neck and neck with the tanks on the meters on most fights...although this might be more a reflection of my (lack of) skill.

My boomkin is my 2nd (neglected) alt, so idk how much help I can be in terms of what is the ideal ilevel for 5.2, but my thoughts are below.

It really depends on what kind of guild you're in. Our guild isn't "hardcore", but we still look to clear content and work on heroic modes. I think 480 would be a good place to start, but it definitely wouldn't be optimal for a progression-focused guild. To give you an idea of where our guild is at, our (main) raider's ilevels range from the neighborhood of 488-496.

One would assume that guilds would bring their best geared raiders for the first few cracks at the 5.2 raids, so idk if a raid spot is guaranteed right away at 480, but it would probably be best to speak to your officers and see what their expectations are.

You have 1-2 weeks until the new 5.2 LFRs come out, so if you can get to 480 by then, you'll have a chance at the 502 gear that the 5.2 LFRs drop (which will help close that gear gap).
    Last edited by pld; 2013-03-04 at 04:31 PM.

Also - with 5.2, you can get a 522 neck piece at Neutral with the new faction, so that'll help.
    you asked a mage to reroll as balance dps? why not just buy them a gun and tell them to put it in their mouth?

in all seriousness. do dailys and save elder coins for 5.2 your chances of getting loot from old LFR will be increased by a ton.. this means all those fancy 483 items and weapons will be much easier to obtain.. as well as tier.

you can get lesser coins from (fishing dailys from the Anglers in Krasarang, Pvp dailys from Krasarang, Klaxxi dailys from dreadwastes, Golden Lotus dailys, Cloud serpent dailys from Jade forest)
    if you can pvp as a resto druid and do ok have some1 carry u in 2's in arenas so u can get some conquest points for 483 gear as well.
    as for adequate raiding lvl.. the new raids are 522 ilvl for normal i think so.. somewhere around 500-515 would be decent ilvl to be.

Deleted
    I took my boomkin to our MSV farm run a few weeks ago. It's at 469 ilevel and it was pretty funny how low my dps was. I was neck and neck with the tanks on the meters on most fights...although this might be more a reflection of my (lack of) skill.

My boomkin is my 2nd (neglected) alt, so idk how much help I can be in terms of what is the ideal ilevel for 5.2, but my thoughts are below.

It really depends on what kind of guild you're in. Our guild isn't "hardcore", but we still look to clear content and work on heroic modes. I think 480 would be a good place to start, but it definitely wouldn't be optimal for a progression-focused guild. To give you an idea of where our guild is at, our (main) raider's ilevels range from the neighborhood of 488-496.

One would assume that guilds would bring their best geared raiders for the first few cracks at the 5.2 raids, so idk if a raid spot is guaranteed right away at 480, but it would probably be best to speak to your officers and see what their expectations are.

You have 1-2 weeks until the new 5.2 LFRs come out, so if you can get to 480 by then, you'll have a chance at the 502 gear that the 5.2 LFRs drop (which will help close that gear gap).
    I'm pulling around 60k-65kDPS in dungeons with my current item level, and im certainly no stranger to Moonkins, as it's been my preferred spec for the last 2+ years. Hopefully skill cap will help in reduced item level entry

Appreciate your comment, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    you asked a mage to reroll as balance dps? why not just buy them a gun and tell them to put it in their mouth?
    Haha, we had too many cloth dps so we asked him to reroll a healer with a DPS OS. He's the only leather spell caster so he was fine with that. :P

Deleted
    It all depends on the guild imo.. If they're shooting at hitting heroics within a couple of weeks, then you should aim for atleast 500ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the first thing you should do is ask your raid leader what ilvl he wants you at before he'll consider bringing you into the raid. After that, you will know where you need to be and just follow the advice given by the posters in this thread. You should get there fairly shortly.

Deleted
    585-590 should be high enough as normal modes are going to be less dps orientated this time around. They should be able to feed you gear from the current content quite easily by now so gearing shouldn't be an issue.

Boomkin's aren't that hard to play but don't expect to pull big numbers with shit gear and actually use your utility which is going to more helpful for the reasons stated earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Revlash View Post
    585-590 should be high enough as normal modes are going to be less dps orientated this time around. They should be able to feed you gear from the current content quite easily by now so gearing shouldn't be an issue.

Boomkin's aren't that hard to play but don't expect to pull big numbers with shit gear and actually use your utility which is going to more helpful for the reasons stated earlier.
    And come back next expansion o_O

Make sure you start up doing the legendary quests. While the 500 gems won't be all that important for you now, the prismatic slot and the meta gem will be solid. The sooner you start up doing that the faster you catch up on that end.