Thread: Tat Experts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't get one on your tit... Tit for tat, is not as good as it sounds...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Imagine my confusion when I read the title as "tax experts" and sat here for a good several seconds trying to make the connection...
    You weren't the only one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Sorry, i missread need of tit expert.
    carry on.
    o.o

OT: Like some other people have said already, don't tat someone's name, atleast not your bf's/gf's, for crying out loud, don't. And don't be cheap in tattoos, it's either done good or you're going to regret it for ever.

Deleted
    Just don't get a fucking quote from the bible or a generic clichéd phrase along the lines of "God iz my witne$$" "0nly g0d can judge me".

In fact, just don't get a tattoo, none of them look good. However if you do for whatever reason decide to permanently stain your body with a cringe worthy tattoo, pay top bucks to at least get it done properly.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2013-03-05 at 04:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Check out FYeahTattos and /r/Tattoos.

First and foremost the key is to know your tattoo artist and tattoo parlor! Don't be "friends" with the person doing your tattoo, don't let him do it for free because he "needs the practice!" don't do it outside of a licensed parlor during normal business hours. The internet is your best friend, check reviews of the shop and make sure both the shop and your artist are good choices. Don't skimp on money.

General tips, if you're going to have something of written word on you check, double check, triple check, quadruple check. You can never check enough that spelling and grammar are spot on. If you do a word in another language (Please don't) make sure to get it verified by multiple people who are fluent in reading and writing the language and check, double check, triple check, quadruple check, don't stop checking. Don't get it checked out by some friend who's mom is Chinese and has a few signs around the house and nows how to say a few words in cantonese.

Take your time with choosing your tattoo. It'll be on your body forever. If you try and remove it, then you'll have a scar in it's place forever. No matter what this decision will be there for life.

Look at lots of tattoo photos. Get ideas. The links I gave above will show plenty of tattoos. Get something which can identify as you, something which resonates as you. Something unique! We can't quite tell you what to get, you don't want us to tell you what to get, sure someone might give a half decent idea but really the best ideas will come from what you take out of it. Get something meaningful, or not, but something distinctly you.

And for the love of god, please no more tribals.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    think about what you love... find the LARGEST image in your head of what you love... price out shops.. always remember- you get what you pay for.. a $100 tat is gonna look like $100 bucks, a $500 tat is gonna look like a $500 tat. Also do some looking at the rep of certain artists in your area.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    HAHA! I love mine.. I have a animal abuse awareness ribbon with paw prints above my left breast... I don't regret is at all.. I do get a lot of questions, and that allows me to educate briefly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post

Is pretty nice for a tit tattoo imo.

But as others have said, you don't think about a tattoo for a few days or weeks. It's months or years, and the tattoo itself can take a looooonnngg time depending on size and which artist does it. What kind of tattoo you want is all up to you. Not your friends, girlfriend, parents or even the tattoo artist. If anything, you're friends can improve or help with the idea, but they can't give it to you. The artist then again can talk about esteathics, since a good artist should know what's good and what's not. If he's a self respecting artist, he won't even tattoo something he doesn't like either. Since it basically has his name written over it.

Searching a good artist really is the hardest part imo. It can be very hard to seperate the shit from the good. In my opinion, don't walk into a shop hping you come out with a tattoo. Or at least not if you don't know the shop. Inspect the shop, ask to see his work, the equipment he uses etc. Everything alright? You trust the way he works? You trust his skills? Get a few appointments to talk about your ideas, what he thinks, what the meaning is etc. If he comes up with something don't hesitate to say you don't like it, you have to live with it, he doesn't, and they're not a psychic either. On the other hand, they are the artists, they know about shapes, colors on different skincolors, sizes etc. A good artist you should be able to trust.

But think about it for a looooooooong time. I have no tattoo of my own yet, but have been thinking for over 2 years now, and I'm still not ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont go cheap, and dont get one just because "its cool".

Also, make sure the guy has a portfolio of people he has done work on, dont just look at a drawing. Many tat artist can draw great, but not so much when inking.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I'm sure someone will come along with an actual suggestion but I'm of a mind that if you're getting a tattoo because it'll "be cool" and are driving towards something that is devoid of personal meaning you'll likely regret it no matter what it is. I mean you're literally asking a forum for a tattoo that "describes you," without know who you are.

Get a tattoo because it has meaning, not just because you think you want one.
    To tell you frankly, I've been wanting to get one since I was a kid. And I only said, "I want something that is a unique in a way that would describe me" because I want others suggestion that would help me choose. I'm still thankful for your advise...

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Make sure you check around at diffrent shops. I have seen many with horrible work due to "very bad artist".

As for what you want, that is something that you should know already^^ If you still dont know, then dont make a "rush", because you might end up regretting it. Make sure you are 100%.

As for color, it depends on what you think looks good. But i have yet to see a color tattoo that looks good, the color fades and its horrible. Atleast i think black is alot better also fits me better since dark hair, eyes etc. Who knows maybe color fits better with blondes.

Where are you getting the tattoo?
    Not sure, it depends on the tattoo. I want to have the design first and then that's the time I'll decide where to put it.

Speaking of horrible work, have a look at this...

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    But think about it for a looooooooong time. I have no tattoo of my own yet, but have been thinking for over 2 years now, and I'm still not ready.
    About time you go get one!^^

I already have tattoes, and i have been thinking for abour 3-4years to get a wow related tattoo. But i just cant decide "yes or no", if im getting one it its either Illidan on my back, or the "Illidan tattoos" (chest,abdomin,back) etc.

These tho, not the "newest model"
    Not this (the new model of illidan tattoo)

Honestly dont think that fits very well on him, and its "flaking" too.

And as for the other "wow tattoo", maybe illidan on my back but the tattoos i have seen from "illidan, arthas" etc, they are not looking as they should in a way.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    When you really do decide what design and if you really want it, save your money. GET SOMEONE GOOD. It's worth it to pay more if this stuff is going to be on you for the rest of your life. Tattoos are only shit if the artist doing it is shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of good suggestions here regarding getting someone good to do it, getting something unique and not squelching on the price. I disagree, however that it has to be something meaningful to you. Good tattoos are a work of art; yes, they're permanent, but they're still simply art. Do you worry about what Starry Night means to you? Talking to people you know might help you come up with some ideas and a starting point, but taking time and talking in-depth with the tattooer can help you figure out the logistics and reality of what you want and where to put it. Can't stress enough how important it is to find someone qualified and in sync with what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    inks nowdays are not like crap ink of old and color does hold ect bad statement dude.
    All tattoos fade over time.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2013-03-06 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey, hopefully im not late to this, but having a quick read over the replies i cant stress enough that you must pay to get a good tattooist to do a good job, you'll only need to pay a good tattooist to cover up a bad job if you dont pay to get it done right the first time!

i might be bias, because its my dad, but - depending where you are (assuming that your in the uk), i can recommend you check out - https://www.facebook.com/living.colour.18 Living Colour in Dereham, Norfolk (plenty of info and pictures of the artists work on the fb page there) it is an extremely good tattoo shop, both my dad + step-mum and another artist who works there (Tori) have been featured in numerous magazines and won plenty of awards over the years and are all top-notch. my dad (Roy Summers) only does custom work, it starts at £70/hour, which is fairly reasonable as far as im aware but is pretty much fully booked untill the end of the year already.. i imagine any tattooist worth his salt will have a hefty waiting list - so take that into account!

about picking something - i'd recommend that you think long and hard about it yourself - dont ask other people for opinions, you'll not get something that you truely want that way - you should have your mind set on something from the start, something that means something to you.. dont get tribal.. you'll look like a cheap mess!

hope that info is of some use..

/Monk
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Deleted
    Yeah I know, changing a bit to much between styles and possible artists. Do I go for the purely awesome aesthetical one, or the other one with quite some personal meaning (though without a real design for the moment, just ideas), do I combine the best of 2 worlds if possible etc. etc.

To many questions atm, and if I think too long, many more will come.

I already have tattoes, and i have been thinking for abour 3-4years to get a wow related tattoo. But i just cant decide "yes or no", if im getting one it its either Illidan on my back, or the "Illidan tattoos" (chest,abdomin,back) etc.

These tho, not the "newest model"
    Not this (the new model of illidan tattoo)

Honestly dont think that fits very well on him, and its "flaking" too.

And as for the other "wow tattoo", maybe illidan on my back but the tattoos i have seen from "illidan, arthas" etc, they are not looking as they should in a way.
    Not bad for the Illidan tattoo but I like if it's in green.

I saw this while playing in iRO, I definitely like the design but I might ask the tattoo artist to customize the symbols into something else...what do you guys think?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Choose the tattoo you want. Wait at least 6 months. Do you still want it?
    This, a thousand times this. It's a major decision to take, so take a long time to make it. But please, PLEASE, don't get a tribal. Get something that's actual meaningful and unique. And don't cheap out on it, you get what you pay for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannaaashi View Post
    I've decided to get my first tattoo, I already checked some sites for me to have an idea of the design. however, I'm still having trouble to find one and I want something that is a unique in a way that would describe me and I won't end up regretting it. anyone here who could help me out? because I've seen some fail tattoos and I don't want to be included in that list.
    It's pretty personal I'm afraid. But you could help us a bit more with a bit of info. Any sports? Hobby? Passion?
    What I would suggest personally is to avoid the current fashion at all costs.

Try looking at something related to your family or your family's past. For example I have on my shoulder the symbol of the foundry my grandad used to work on. you getnpretty unique ideas from that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:11 AM ----------

Also, may I ask where are you from? That'll help too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia wave.

OH GOD. RAGNAROK ONLINE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannaaashi View Post
    Not bad for the Illidan tattoo but I like if it's in green.
    Noo i would never go for green, i dont really like colors in tattoes. Atleast not bright, i feel it doesnt fit, atleast i think black Illidan tattoes would look better on my skin than green would^^

I saw this while playing in iRO, I definitely like the design but I might ask the tattoo artist to customize the symbols into something else...what do you guys think?
    Looks good, you could make the "symbols" a sentence in an ancient language.
    It does look like a mask placed over a "planet", with some turning mechanism for "something"^^
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    It's pretty personal I'm afraid. But you could help us a bit more with a bit of info. Any sports? Hobby? Passion?
    What I would suggest personally is to avoid the current fashion at all costs.

Try looking at something related to your family or your family's past. For example I have on my shoulder the symbol of the foundry my grandad used to work on. you getnpretty unique ideas from that.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 09:11 AM ----------

Also, may I ask where are you from? That'll help too.
    Sports, I don't do sports but I love watching NBA. Hobby, does playing iRO included? Lol.

About the family past, I haven't met my grandad on both sides...so I might look into that. Thank you

Noo i would never go for green, i dont really like colors in tattoes. Atleast not bright, i feel it doesnt fit, atleast i think black Illidan tattoes would look better on my skin than green would^^

Looks good, you could make the "symbols" a sentence in an ancient language.
    It does look like a mask placed over a "planet", with some turning mechanism for "something"^^
    Ah yes, I think the green is much better for dark skin or better yet glow in the dark illidan tattoo.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, sort of like "Atlantean" from the movie Atlantis. Haha