10+ Year Old Account

Question [Ele] PE and 5.2

So I had originally thought that PE was going to be really good for 5.2. I've been running PE for all of 5.1 and have had no trouble keeping up and ranking on heroic bosses.

But all this haste is starting to throw me for a bit of a loop. PE heavily favors haste for reforging, as the eles don't benefit from mastery. The problem is, with the new meta and the likelihood that EM is going to trump EotE, we're going to be drowning in haste almost nonstop. Leading to GCD capping on LvB and CL, which is going to be a serious issue this tier.

So the question is, is PE going to be competitive at all? Note that it WAS competitive this tier, regardless of what anyone said. I ranked high and often with it, so it clearly worked. So I'm wondering if it's going to be in the same boat, or if the haste priority in gearing for PE will cause it to fall further behind compared to its standing in 5.1.

Also, is there a chance that it could see more viability by switching to Crit priority? That sounds counter-intuitive for elemental, but with the amount of crit being forced on us and the extremely lackluster 4pc bonus, crit is seeming like it won't be all that bad. It also is much higher on priority for cleaving fights, and there seems to be a fairly large amount of those this tier.

Basically I would just like to see a bit of discussion.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Like you, I have been using PE this whole patch. I don't like the randomness of EB personally, so i will prolly continue with PE unless EB starts to severely outshine it.
    do what you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    Like you, I have been using PE this whole patch. I don't like the randomness of EB personally, so i will prolly continue with PE unless EB starts to severely outshine it.
    This is probably what I'll be doing as well unless someone manages to convince me otherwise in this thread. So then the question is, is there a point at which crit becomes better than haste for PE? And if so, are we going to hit that point with EM, the meta, and the additional haste we'll be accumulating through gear this tier?

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

I'm thinking about using PE now as it get buffed but not sure about EM if it's enough to use it over EoE, Planning to go EoE EB and mastery once I get 4set and see what kind of difference that will make as I will be able to get skull banner for my ascendance CDs.

umm..question? what is PE?..im sure unless this is spelled out i wont ever get the actual name.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    For my BiS list, I actually was going to choose the EoE/EB build. With gearing around haste (not reforging crit-->mastery or haste-->mastery), the gear put you at (raid buffed) ~35% haste, 41% mastery and 22% crit.

Now, that is a lot of haste... so you could easily reforge out of it into mastery to bump your mastery up to 45% but I'm not sure when crit is favored of either stat or when haste is less favored because simcraft is bonkers right now.

PE= primal elementalist and is buffed to 80% more dmg instead of 50%.
    Atm in 5.1 I have 50% mastery and crit is favored by far over haste for me with EoE/EB build