Is there a difference between Patch 2.0 and Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion?

Admittedly I have been away from the game for quite some time, so the differentiation might not be as obvious to me...but are they one in the same? On one hand, it seems like it...looks as if there's level 55 content in 2.0, plus even naming it 2.0 suggests an expansion (given that there was never a 1.8 or 1.9). On the other hand, I don't see anything about Makeb or what else Rise of the Hutt Cartel brings to the table on the PTS notes/updates. I also don't understand why they wouldn't be saying "Rise of the Hutt Cartel is on the PTS" if they were the same thing...all I see is "Patch 2.0..."

Very confused

2.0 is essentially all the mechanical changes to the game. Things like class abilities, etc. The rules of the game that everyone needs to follow, whether they buy RotHC or not.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel is the content that will be added. The new quests, the new cutscenes, the new raid, the new Hard Mode instances.

So right now with 2.0 on the PTS, we're testing all the mechanical changes that are coming. We are not testing any of the new content yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    2.0 is essentially all the mechanical changes to the game. Things like class abilities, etc. The rules of the game that everyone needs to follow, whether they buy RotHC or not.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel is the content that will be added. The new quests, the new cutscenes, the new raid, the new Hard Mode instances.

So right now with 2.0 on the PTS, we're testing all the mechanical changes that are coming. We are not testing any of the new content yet.
    That's not accurate at all. Scum & Villiany is a level 55 Op as well as the 4 rehashed HM FPs.

OT : That being said, there may be more content being added aside from the planet and NM TfB (I'm pretty sure that's not on the PTS), but nobody knows as of right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That's not accurate at all. Scum & Villiany is a level 55 Op as well as the 4 rehashed HM FPs.

OT : That being said, there may be more content being added aside from the planet and NM TfB (I'm pretty sure that's not on the PTS), but nobody knows as of right now.
    100% accurate.

I'd add that on the PTS atm there are many areas of the game decorated with 'Dread Seeds'. Basically reworked areas of Tat, Corellia, Taris, Hoth, Voss, Balmorra etc. The areas are made to look decripit and the standard NPCs there are renamed to 'Dread Seed XXXX'. One of the new world bosses can be found in one of these areas but the reason for all the other 'Dread Seed' locations is as yet unknown. Looks like there is some 2.0 content yet to hit PTS.

New Dread Seed World Boss on Corellia called Lucky. If you die while fighting it you get the title 'Unlucky'. The 'Lucky' title is given if you slay the bugger.

Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-03-06 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    100% accurate.

I'd add that on the PTS atm there are many areas of the game decorated with 'Dread Seeds'. Basically reworked areas of Tat, Corellia, Taris, Hoth, Voss, Balmorra etc. The areas are made to look decripit and the standard NPCs there are renamed to 'Dread Seed XXXX'. One of the new world bosses can be found in one of these areas but the reason for all the other 'Dread Seed' locations is as yet unknown. Looks like there is some 2.0 content yet to hit PTS.

New Dread Seed World Boss on Corellia called Lucky. If you die while fighting it you get the title 'Unlucky'. The 'Lucky' title is given if you slay the bugger.

Also, forgot about the new rep faction on Nar Shaddaa. There's that as well.