To go DW now, or stay 2h

Hello, first time poster here. Was just in ToT and ended up winning the 1hander off the first boss, was just wondering what would be better, to keep the normal mode shinka or DW the normal mode 2/2 upgraded elegon 1 hander and the 1 hander from the first boss in ToT. Thanks.
    My toon is Kalendes of Earthen Ring if you feel like looking me up.

Deleted
    Firstly, I don't feel like looking you up.

I feel like you should do some looking up of your own

Use common sense to work out which one is better. Really, it's not difficult, it's very much dumbed down these days to a point where you're probably going to be right in your first assumption.

If you can't, then do some testing for yourself and work out which one is better

If you can't do that, well you'll have to wait and see if some sucker is going to do the work for you.

I don't normally make unhelpful replies to threads, but it seems to be a frequent thing for people to be lazy and expect others to work things out for them. It is threads like these on the forums that make me sometimes wonder why one would be a subscription fee to be spoon-fed information when essentially what you ought to be working out yourself is an aspect of the game.

Would you say it is unfair to label the lazy as bad players, and the others whom you expect to help you as good players?

wowhead, simcraft, training dummies, raid finder, logic. Use them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Firstly, I don't feel like looking you up.

I feel like you should do some looking up of your own

Use common sense to work out which one is better. Really, it's not difficult, it's very much dumbed down these days to a point where you're probably going to be right in your first assumption.

If you can't, then do some testing for yourself and work out which one is better

If you can't do that, well you'll have to wait and see if some sucker is going to do the work for you.

I don't normally make unhelpful replies to threads, but it seems to be a frequent thing for people to be lazy and expect others to work things out for them. It is threads like these on the forums that make me sometimes wonder why one would be a subscription fee to be spoon-fed information when essentially what you ought to be working out yourself is an aspect of the game.

Would you say it is unfair to label the lazy as bad players, and the others whom you expect to help you as good players?

wowhead, simcraft, training dummies, raid finder, logic. Use them
    Or he could, you know, ask more experienced players on this strange little thing called a forum.. Far out idea I know.

OT - I would try and go with the 2 1handers and DW spec.

Deleted
    Did no tanks on the raid need it? Seems a shame to give it to a DK for, what essentially amounts to an offspec. Gut instinct says the new 1h will likely pull better numbers, even if you factor in the lower ilvl on your offhand. In the future post this type of thing in the dedicated "help with DPS" thread stickied at the top of this forum.

If you really want to be sure then just sim it, it's not hard just change gear/reforges with askmrrobot and export as a sim file.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Did no tanks on the raid need it? Seems a shame to give it to a DK for, what essentially amounts to an offspec. Gut instinct says the new 1h will likely pull better numbers, even if you factor in the lower ilvl on your offhand. In the future post this type of thing in the dedicated "help with DPS" thread stickied at the top of this forum.

If you really want to be sure then just sim it, it's not hard just change gear/reforges with askmrrobot and export as a sim file.
    If he stays with DW, and/or it is a significant dps increase, I would say its better in the hands of a dps dk then in the hands of a tank...

The weapon is Hit/Expertise. AKA it's a threat weapon and nothing more. No defensive stats. So unless your tanks are having threat problems... it's really not that great in the hands of a tank compared to an upgrade in damage to a dps.

In any case. Because of the ilvl differance, I would say going DW is better... also I've heard (but I'm not sure) that DW is out-playing 2H atm... but I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dytzy View Post
    If he stays with DW, and/or it is a significant dps increase, I would say its better in the hands of a dps dk then in the hands of a tank...

The weapon is Hit/Expertise. AKA it's a threat weapon and nothing more. No defensive stats. So unless your tanks are having threat problems... it's really not that great in the hands of a tank compared to an upgrade in damage to a dps.
    hit/exp also affect resource generation. which is extremely significant for tanking now.

In any case. Because of the ilvl differance, I would say going DW is better... also I've heard (but I'm not sure) that DW is out-playing 2H atm... but I could be mistaken.
    You're aware all tanks who could use that go for hit/exp cap right? Might want to "hear" a bit more information next time.

I agree that with the ilvl difference you would likely see a general DPS increase in both your AoE and single target because of the ilvl difference of the weapons. That being said, for single target fights 2H Frost is still simming higher from everything I've seen and read, however it's the same scenario as before the patch: 2H for single target, DW for cleaving / AoE fights. The only major difference with 5.2 was bringing Unholy more in line and some QoL changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Quote Originally Posted by hammypants View Post
    You're aware all tanks who could use that go for hit/exp cap right? Might want to "hear" a bit more information next time.
    The hit/exp off the weapon aren't going to make that much difference if they were already shooting for hit/exp. Not to mention, for 1h tanks, the bulk of their damage isn't coming from weapon based attacks.

If you had to choose, I would go with the DPS player every time, since if you're worried about getting more dps out of it, the dps player is going to scale harder with WDPS stats.

priorities and stats are quite different for dw and 2h. why not just try both on dummies an see for yourself?

Deleted
    well it's the obvious that 2h is better single target and dw for AoE, I myself have the axe from jin'rokh and kilrak from sha fully upgraded and gemmed.

On spirit kings hc 10m I was doing 230k burst dmg with bl and procs, currently sat at 503ilvl.

many have said this and I'll just reiterate it, play what u enjoy playing/play best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiam View Post
    well it's the obvious that 2h is better single target and dw for AoE, I myself have the axe from jin'rokh and kilrak from sha fully upgraded and gemmed.

On spirit kings hc 10m I was doing 230k burst dmg with bl and procs, currently sat at 503ilvl.

many have said this and I'll just reiterate it, play what u enjoy playing/play best.

Well, not obvious... Technically.

If you're bad at 2h but good at dw, you'll do more dps as dw.

Play the spec YOU perform best as.

Deleted
    Well, Simcraft and ingame tests/bossfights show that 2H Frost still doing the highest DPS.
    Example on Noxxic.
    Unholy still isnt viable and DW falls behind..and im a sorry Panda for that. I allways liked the DW style.

BTW, if you having trouble with manage the runes and dont know how to prio your abilities, try out CLCDK (questing and soloplaying) or DKOne (raid) addons. They will help you ALOT! Different prio depending on DW or 2H and so on.
    Last edited by mmocff8027129d; 2013-03-10 at 06:58 AM.

To fix your problem and the problem of the posters in this thread, bring back dual wield tanking.... oh god how I miss dual wield tanking
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiizper View Post
    Well, not obvious... Technically.

If you're bad at 2h but good at dw, you'll do more dps as dw.

Play the spec YOU perform best as.
    A good player will be able to play all specs equally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    A good player will be able to play all specs equally well.
    if you think that,
    why are all the mages crying?