Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will humanity ever be unitied?

What do you think? I mean the mayority of humans like 70-80% of population.

Unitied in these pillars.

- tongue
    - economic and social culture
    - flag (Meaning that you can feel from a determinated place but over all you feel that you are from the same nation like anyone else)

I dont mean everyone is the same, to let you take my point imagine Dead space (taking out the necros and unitology) Mass Effect or even Halo universe where there is a main tongue you use to comunicate with everyone (other lenguages also exit but everyone knows one in particular) and people actually kind of have one goverment and share a common culture.

Belive this is possible?

Better question:
    Why should we be?

Most of our greatest advancements were from human-kind working against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Better question:
    Why should we be?

Most of our greatest advancements were from human-kind working against each other.
    Sadly no, because of people like him The world is full of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish4ever View Post
    What do you think? I mean the mayority of humans like 70-80% of population.

Unitied in these pillars.

- tongue
    - economic and social culture
    - flag (Meaning that you can feel from a determinated place but over all you feel that you are from the same nation like anyone else)

I dont mean everyone is the same, to let you take my point imagine Dead space (taking out the necros and unitology) Mass Effect or even Halo universe where there is a main tongue you use to comunicate with everyone (other lenguages also exit but everyone knows one in particular) and people actually kind of have one goverment and share a common culture.

Belive this is possible?
    Not when a large proportion of the worlds population doesn't share a belief system. Religion will always drive conflict between people as long as it is held in such high regard.

Plus why would we want to? Nobody likes the French

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, watch this for a great perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Deleted
    We seem to be such an aggressive and pretty savage race, countries and cultures want to be different and independent, so I personally don't see how and why humanity would become united.

We would have to find common ground. It's not impossible, but it is highly improbable.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

It's already happening. Billions of people know english. EU is also somewhat of a template that another, world-wide government could follow. Cultures are different and I don't see them melting into one, common culture anytime soon, but eventually it will also happen. New generations are slowly forgetting the old traditions and religions (at least in the civilized regions), and these are the things that prevent humanity from unifying.

Deleted
    If we are going to be at war with an Alien civilization I think we are going to unite here on earth.

Deleted
    When certain cultures just don't work well with others then there's no chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    the internet helps with this transition, it formed a worldwide acknoledged form of speech/jokes thus it allows people from around the world to have fun and communicate with each other... religion, political views are not important at first and despite the hate in forums or on youtube comments, people tend to be alot more open thanks to the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    If we are going to be at war with an Alien civilization I think we are going to unite here on earth.
    And if we prevail then it's back to business as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHOAH posted in the wrong thread.

Uhhhh ... GOTTA THINK OF SOMETHING QUICK.

Yeah probably in many many years.

Deleted
    will never happen as long as religion, different countries and different languages do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    or if this happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post

That was an interesting video. Thanks for sending it.

Deleted
    Michio Kaku is a genius, was about to link this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    People who are realistic instead of dreaming about fantasy worlds that won't happen?
    Yeah, how dare I.

Cultures that are too different never mesh well, I heard the EU is doing great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some cultures would never accept other cultures.

Therefore, no

not whilst we have political leaders who's only interest is their own personal agendas

i'd love to see world peace (with humanity united), but it's not gonna happen in my lifetime - religion is such a highly contentious issue it'll keep dividing people for centuries to come - until such a time that science can explain the entire universe and religious mecca's are razed to ground, we're unlikely to see a peaceful world.

unless we nuke the shit out of each other, then there'll barely be enough people around to form an army, let alone start a war.

the other possibility would be intelligent aliens landing on earth and either enslaving humanity, or providing information on the rest of the universe that forces mankind to unite before we're over-run by some other interstellar bad guys out there.
    <insert witty signature here>