Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ....just what we needed, another Isle to grind in the same exact format done a million times already. Nothing new here, big disappointment.

I found it totally disappointing - that I couldn't stay longer and had to go to work.

I think this is as good a patch as we have had in a long time.

Dumb thread is dumb.

Not even 50 VP each quest would do it for me.

I am sick of dailies, i want dungeons, dungeons were the heart of WoW and now Blizzard is turning WoW into World of Dailycraft.

The thing is, dailies are cheap content, so its a good business for Blizzard to do them, as long as enough sheeps dont realize how crappy the game turns when they launch entire patchs with no much more than dailies.

Dungeons need actual work, which is more expensive for Blizzard.

As long as players dont realize what's happening, we will keep getting this cheap, low quality "content" and we will continue to play World of Dailycraft.

They also dont provide alternatives to charms so people are forced to do the dailies.

Edit: I do liked the Isle of Giants though, but its too short and ends up not being enough content.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-03-06 at 12:43 PM.

The content is gorgeous. My only issue is the dailies.

I really want to stay competitive somewhat with gear and i feel almost forced to do dailies. Also i still am behind on the legendary quest line because i am forced to grind valor for that as well. Oh well. Being married really throws a bone in my non raid play time. lol

Really wish we had BC style where each faction had a few heroics we could run once a day for Valor. Long dungeons that require lots of CC to get through or you got your face smashed in. Oh well. in the end i will still play wow because it is the game that i love.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    LFR is fine, gating is unrelated.

Everyone says the patch was content packed but was there anything offered outside more dailies and another raid?
    I think this is the real problem. It's more of what we already have. Not necessarily bad, just not new and exciting. Personally the main reason I looked forward to 5.2 was the PvP gearing reset of sorts. Was tiring meeting a brick wall at 1500 rating where all teams had at least 1, sometimes all 3 people in 400k+ hp, 2/2 malev gear when my team was in Dreadful.

Deleted
    Blizzard really '' Do get it!! '' its been live a few hours and the typical whining baby's are hitting the forums for a good cry about what they don't like.
    Dont you understand what you don't like, others do? what you like... others don't! that where not all you! This patch brought us a new raid, a quest hub/island to go, it being a raid patch and all... its perfectly fine for what it is. Don't like dailies? don't do them its not required.

Great expansion so far, filled many gaps for many players, them being social players or raiders, looking forward myself to the raid content it looks interesting and wont be able to judge this patch in just a day as this genius could.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Not even 50 VP each quest would do it for me.

I am sick of dailies, i want dungeons, dungeons were the heart of WoW and now Blizzard is turning WoW into World of Dailycraft.

The thing is, dailies are cheap content, so its a good business for Blizzard to do them, as long as enough sheeps dont realize how crappy the game turns when they launch entire patchs with no much more than dailies.

Dungeons need actual work, which is more expensive for Blizzard.

As long as players dont realize what's happening, we will keep getting this cheap, low quality "content" and we will continue to play World of Dailycraft.

They also dont provide alternatives to charms so people are forced to do the dailies.
    lol at people who think their opinion is fact. They launched 5.2 with nothing more than dailies? nice joke.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    -You can get rep from dailies, doing the first hc and scenario of the day, and planting stuff on the tillers farm.

-You can earn valor from dailies, hc's, scenarios, raids, raidfinder.

You have soo many options as to acquire your rep and valor now, but you want the only way they can't give you and that's by random drops. People would be screaming that they felt obligated to farm random level-appropriate mobs until they hit exalted to stay competitive.
    Isn't the main reason that is forcing raiders to do daily quests the bonus loot charms? I don't think there is any other way besides daily quests to get your 90 charms every week in order to earn your bonus rolls for Throne of Thunder.

I personally don't give a shit about rep/valor from dailies. As you pointed out I get that from dungeons/raids. Still, if I don't want to miss out on my 3 additional chances for loot every week, I am forced to do dailies. Just pointing out the obvious, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    No, the thing is: you're a big disappointment. Hard working teams and companies like Blizzard really deserve a better-class player base than the obsessive-compulsive and unknowledgeable bunch of whiners that populate public message boards.
    What a joke. The state of the playerbase is a direct reflection of the quality of the game. Blizzard does not deserve anything outside of what they earn. They can't afford to coast forever on the brand loyalty generated by 10+ year old games like Starcraft, Diablo II and Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol at people who think their opinion is fact. They launched 5.2 with nothing more than dailies? nice joke.
    LoL at people that cant even read the post they quoted.

Tell me in which point i said 5.2 only have dailies, come on.

And then, when you realized i didnt say that, then you can go to your corner and be embarrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    SO - you want to repeat 5 or 6 things over and over, rather than have the choice of 50 or 60 things to repeat over and over. Or are you someone who prefers weeklies - over and over.

The point is - EVERYTHING is repeating, dailies are just the most varied of all of them.

So if you like doing boring stuff like dungeons over and over - you can still do that. You will earn VP and earn rep ... so go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    SO - you want to repeat 5 or 6 things over and over, rather than have the choice of 50 or 60 things to repeat over and over. Or are you someone who prefers weeklies - over and over.

The point is - EVERYTHING is repeating, dailies are just the most varied of all of them.

So if you like doing boring stuff like dungeons over and over - you can still do that. You will earn VP and earn rep ... so go for it.
    You ar comparing 1 quest to 1 dungeon?

Yes, i would like to repeat 5 dungeons over and over over repeating 50 quests over and over.

Dungeons are that much better for me.

Earn rep? The champion system is a joke. 600 rep (it was supposed to be 750 but they reduced it) and 300 fif you chooose the new rep? And only in the first dungeon of the day?

5.2 championing system is a mock to those of us asking for alternatives. And they still dont give charms.

Oh the whining started sooner than expected. It always goes like this.

1. New patch / expansion info comes up
    2. Everyone is happily praising the new stuff
    3. Patch / expansions comes out
    4. "This is the same shit it has always been wtf Blizz"

heh, carrot on a stick xP
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I think this is the real problem. It's more of what we already have. Not necessarily bad, just not new and exciting. Personally the main reason I looked forward to 5.2 was the PvP gearing reset of sorts. Was tiring meeting a brick wall at 1500 rating where all teams had at least 1, sometimes all 3 people in 400k+ hp, 2/2 malev gear when my team was in Dreadful.
    It may take you a few seasons to realize this, but the brick wall will always exist and gear resets don't help you bypass them. What does help is practice, understanding other class abilities, and researching the tactics needed to deal with things that are getting you killed. Also, rerolling the current OP class.

Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

maybe 15-20 valor per quest.. but not 5..

anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either
    You seriously created an account for this?

But anyway... What did you expect? Aside from raids and, maybe, dungeons, the only type of content that lasts is daily quests.

If the quests in the Isle were one-time-only, everybody would already be done by now and complaining that the content is too short.

It is just the nature of this type of game. Repeatable and grindy stuff to keep the players involved. Even PVP and raiding involvo grinding gear and rating.

Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    What a joke. The state of the playerbase is a direct reflection of the quality of the game. Blizzard does not deserve anything outside of what they earn. They can't afford to coast forever on the brand loyalty generated by 10+ year old games like Starcraft, Diablo II and Warcraft III.
    You're just proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

This, exactly. The nature of an MMO is having a lot of repeatable stuff. With the exception of the leveling content, that is one time only, all the rest in grindy and repeatable. Every MMO is like that and there is not much room for a change.

the entire basis of this game is REPETITION. how have you subbed for so long and not realized this?

"DAILIES ARE SO BORING AND REPETITIVE, BUT I'M GOING TO RUN LFR EVERY WEEK FOR THE NEXT 3 MONTHS TO GET GEAR"

Quote Originally Posted by rional View Post
    you know i was expecting something different other then a epic daily grind from the new thunder isle...

i just dont think blizzard really get its... daily grind makes the game so boring... i mean 5 valor points a quest isnt really doing it for me..

maybe 15-20 valor per quest.. but not 5..

anyone else think so? and a lack of a lfr.. i mean if it isnt ready now.. no chance lfr is gonna be ready by next week either
    OMFG, The amount of clueless is overwhelming, patch just started , INSTANTLY SPAMS THAT ITS DISAPPOINTING?
    The funny part Is that you are just WRONG.
    Dailys are not the only source of valor, the small amount of valor they grant Is just a bonus, you want to cap valor? DO IT THE NORMAL WAY OF :
    Raids, Heroics, Scenarios, LFR's.

Lack of LFR? oh boy... LFR Is closed, so players like yourself cant get geared quickly like the Normal raiders in the game, that way you cant faceroll the Normal content with a high item lvl, you will actually need to learn your class.
    Wait for next week for the LFR to open , oh and when next weeks LFR opens, please do not open another QQ THREAD on why you can only access a couple of bosses and not all of them ,that again Is a privilege for the Normal raiders to see the entire content before the other "Players" that Use LFR as their only "Raiding" experience.