Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I think the retweet he did after that is much more intesresting.

He actually retweeted this from a random guy

"I cant wait to kick Garrosh's ass and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. We need a proper Warchief as leader again."

This, coupled with what Chris Metzen and J Allen Brack said before (they said Thrall was going to be Warchief again) pretty much settles who the enxt Warchief is going to be.
    yes at last there is hope to have the true warchief of the horde back, thank you very much for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    For those who forgot, Thrall is leading the capital atm, so expect Thrall being bad-ass again
    ....No? No he's not.

He's on the Echo Isles, with the Dark Spear Tribe.

He would be arrested on the spot if he walked up to Orgrimmar's gates.

It's unlikely Garrosh left Orgrimmar entirely unguarded. Orgrimmar is not a nice place at the moment. The ENTIRE city is in a state of Martial law. Every man, woman and child are put to work. The old and the young who can't fight are making weapons and armors, while every capable man and woman are put in armor and recruited to the military.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Eventually, one of the races was going to have to get things started. If the trolls really do move first, then it implies Vol'jin will be the next Warchief. I'd be more than ok with that.

Based on what has been posted here, my guess/prediction would be:
    -- 5.3 launches
    -- as stated, the trolls rebel. Garrosh orders an attack on Echo Isles which ends in a stalemate due to Thrall and the players interfering.
    -- Baine says "oh HELLS no" and the tauren move to flank Garrosh's forces, breaking the Siege of Echo Isles. Camp Taurajo is retaken in the process. (That last part is more wishful thinking than a prediction)
    -- Lor'themar is rather preoccupied, but sends what support he can shortly thereafter. The effect is largely symbolic.
    -- Sensing weakness, the Alliance moves on the northern front and attack Ashenvale and possibly Felwood at full force. With no base of operations to the south after Theramore's destruction, combined with the clusterfight going on there, they leave that section alone.
    -- Garrosh orders Sylvanas to come and assist. Sylvanas laughs in his face, possibly even killing and eating the messenger, and purges the Kor'kron from the Undercity (but leaves other orcs in surrounding zones -- rewriting entire zones is time-consuming and expensive)
    -- 5.4 launches
    -- Half the orc population shows either neutrality or dissent. Garrosh orders his remaining loyal forces back to Orgrimmar and expels all non-loyalists. Gallywix remains loyal to Garrosh's gold and stays. For all useful intents and purposes, Garrosh no longer controls the Horde.
    -- Garrosh unveils whatever mogu/titan/whatever artifacts and weapons he has on both fronts, south AND north. Both sides retaliate. Garrosh's forces are driven into the city and blockaded.
    -- The seventh Sha is unveiled. It is Malkorok.
    -- The Siege of Orgrimmar ends with Garrosh's death and the end of the expansion.

Yeah...probably wrong, but then, it was a guess.
    Pretty much this and I hope it means we get Ogres playable next expansion, because I've wanted them for so long!
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The thng is, the 7th Legion amassed in force in Theramore alongside their fleet and support troops. We slaughtered some and nuked the rest. The 7th Legion should for all purposes have been finished by the Horde players during the Theramore scenario. You should go and play the Horde side of it now that it's possible.
    I thought you killed "7th Fleet" members, not the Legion? If the Legion were to go, we don't actually have any elite fighting forces to deploy.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    yes at last there is hope to have the true warchief of the horde back, thank you very much for sharing
    He also reblogged lor'themar stuff.
    Twas brillig

We need Rexxar soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I refuse to think that blizzard even consider to put a BELF in charge even if he has a manly eyepatch; 2 quest and a short story isn't enought to jump from "who?" to Warchief of the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    I refuse to think that blizzard even consider to put a BELF in charge even if he has a manly eyepatch; 2 quest and a short story isn't enought to jump from "who?" to Warchief of the Horde.
    I agree with you. I can't even consider anything else but an Orc as Warchief, just as I can't imagine anything but a Human as leader of the Alliance. I could live with Vol'jin as Warchief, but it would be strange. It has always been the "Orcish Horde", even in WCIII. When you think "Horde", "Orc" always comes to mind. In game, I doubt the Orcs, who form the majority of the Horde, would accept easily to be led by a Troll Warchief. Let's say Vol'jin would have a hard time and his position would be weak in Orgrimmar.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Deleted
    I'd love for Garrosh to survive and flee to outland after the siege of orgrimmar. Also after he kills off a mayor character like Varian. Which ofcourse will have Anduin chase after him to Outland; where he meets Turalyon who trains him to be a paladin. ^^

Personally I think it's too early to kill off Garrosh. Lorewise he could be an Arthas-type villain in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I'd love for Garrosh to survive and flee to outland after the siege of orgrimmar. Also after he kills off a mayor character like Varian. Which ofcourse will have Anduin chase after him to Outland; where he meets Turalyon who trains him to be a paladin. ^^

Personally I think it's too early to kill off Garrosh. Lorewise he could be an Arthas-type villain in my opinion.
    put it this way. Garrosh is the representation of war right now. The full on horde v alliance war comes down what he keeps driving towards and Varian doing the same, but unlike Garrosh, Varian is now looking at following another path. As blizzard has said the war would break breaking point in mists, and as they have been pushing for with pandaria, with the sha and how they are made powerful, with wrathion speaking constantly about the consequences of war, and Anduin doing the same, the war is coming to an end at the end of this expansion.
    Since garrosh is war personified, in ending him, either by him fleeing, banished or killed, it has to draw to that conclusion.

Deleted
    The horde looks like the EU
    Anything that isnt orc is treated like shit and are rebelling and thinking of leaving left and right

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The thng is, the 7th Legion amassed in force in Theramore alongside their fleet and support troops. We slaughtered some and nuked the rest. The 7th Legion should for all purposes have been finished by the Horde players during the Theramore scenario. You should go and play the Horde side of it now that it's possible.
    Not all of 7th Legion was there.

EJL

I'm just waiting for the next expansion, where they abolish "factions" entirely.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    next expansion, where they abolish "factions" entirely.
    source?
    /10char

All I can say is: DAMN TIME

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    This makes me very nervous. Dave retweeted multiple tweets from #Lorthemar2013 and #Lorthemar4warchief and has liked comments of such nature.
    Granted, he retweeted a post about Rexxar too, but the thought of Lor'Themar Theron being the Warchief is bringing me the same anxiety that the countdown to 12/21/12 did.

When Vol'jin makes his return, he needs to do it in style. He better not just show up on the Echo Isles and say "I be back!".

How about instead, the Echo Isles are on the verge of being conquered. The Kor'kron have pushed the Darkspear rebels into a fortified section of Darkspear Isle and things are looking pretty grim. There is a brief lull in the fighting where the Kor'kron commander (possibly Malkorok, but doesn't have to be) demands the Darkspear surrender. With all known reinforcements still much too far away, the Darkspear have pretty much accepted that they are all going to die, so might as well go down fighting.

Then what appears to be a ship from the Zandalari Golden Fleet appears in the distance and is sailing towards the Echo Isles. The Kor'kron Commander then opts to check it out before resuming the attack and forms a defensive line around the dock it's heading towards.

When it arrives it is not Zandalari who emerge, but Vol'jin, riding on the back of a massive Direhorn and followed by his Siam-Quashi and perhaps other allies he's picked up in his exile (all of which would be covered in his upcoming book). He then smashes through the Kor'kron, and ends up impaling the commander. The Darkspear who were defending the Isle rally and charge out, ensuring the Kor'kron have nowhere to run and are swiftly all killed or captured.

Vol'jin, still seated on his Direhorn, then makes an epic victory speech about marching on Orgrimmar and putting an end to Garrosh's reign once and for all.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Granted, he retweeted a post about Rexxar too, but the thought of Lor'Themar Theron being the Warchief is bringing me the same anxiety that the countdown to 12/21/12 did.
    You mustn't be very nervous then, considering the 2012 doomsday prophecy was never a doomsday prophecy.

I'm not happy with the thought of Lor'themar being Warchief either, he has only begun doing stuff now, and even that hasn't been very major. He still has a lot to prove in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Dave Kosak: The Darkspear tribe is about to go into open rebellion against the Warchief. We'll see just how strong they are!

I didn't think one race openly rebelling was how the rebellion would be kickstarted. surely Garrosh will just wipe the floor with them?
    This question was about trolls as I remember and thats why kosak answered that way He talked only about trolls, it doesn't mean that they will stand alone against mighty Garrosh ! Surely Baine with his loyal taurens will come on aid and I link Blood elves and their leader, Lor'themar, will join the fray against Warchief Can't say anything about Sylvanas and her forsaken though! I think Trade Prince will stand on Garroshs side as long as he pays him well. And that will be good reason to Change Slacky Goblin leader

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    The Darkspear have very small numbers, I don't think they would stand a chance in open battle. If they start to sabotage shit? Well that is a different story.
    I can see them using Guerrilla warfare till the tauren come in to support them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    But isn't Thrall currently on the Echo Isles WITH the Darkspear, while Vol'jin is in Pandaria?

Wouldn't it be a trip if Thrall and the Darkspear retake Org while Garrosh is in Pandaria, and the "Siege of Orgrimmar" is actually us INSIDE the city holding off GARROSH'S siege? Each boss being another attempt by Hellscream to gain access to the city, by unleashing different weapons/forces upon it's walls. I don't think it will, but it would be a twist from what everyone's expecting.
    Half a kingdom for this.