Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Why do fat people never take responsibility for being fat and blame genes/others?

So i know this fat person and she is really fat
    So fat to the point she cant walk without having pains in her knee.

But when people ask her to lose weight she says she cant lose weight and shes fat because its in her genes.

When i heard that i was just thinking.
    "oh its your genes making you fat is it? it's not the 2 bacon and egg sandwiches and 3 hashbrowns and sausages you had for breakfast, or the whole pizza, garlic bread and 10 chicken wings and 2litre coke you had for dinner?

seriously people need to own up to their actions.
    If i wanted to be fat i could, i could eat anything i want and get fat but i choose not to.
    Eating is like a luxury, especially eating food that taste good.
    So sometimes people need to sacrafice some food to lose weight..

Do you know a fat person who blames others or genes for their weight?
    Or are you a fat person who blames others?
    Last edited by superstarz; 2013-03-07 at 02:52 AM.

Some people like playing the blame game and don't take responsibility. Also I'm at 250lbs myself down from 285 last year but I've been staying at this weight for a bit and I don't blame anyone other then myself haha and I also am happy with the weight as I can still do good with weights and hold my own in cardio plus my healthy weight is 200-210 so I'm fine where I am But you're always going to get people who complain about things in their control like for example someone bitching about their boss that they're lazy or something when in fact they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Some people like playing the blame game and don't take responsibility. Also I'm at 250lbs myself down from 285 last year but I've been staying at this weight for a bit and I don't blame anyone other then myself haha and I also am happy with the weight as I can still do good with weights and hold my own in cardio plus my healthy weight is 200-210 so I'm fine where I am But you're always going to get people who complain about things in their control like for example someone bitching about their boss that they're lazy or something when in fact they are not.
    Its good you dont blame anybody else and are happy the way you are.
    but some people who blame others for them being fat pisses me off.
    especially when they eat more than a whole family and are lazy/ dont exercise.

It's the government man, they are making us fat so we can't resist the takeover. We are all doomed
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes it "is" because of a thyroid problem, birth control or other medications for weight gain. However I agree, most people just blame everyone else than themselves for how much they weigh. Either curb how much you eat, or get out and move (or both)!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could just be that people make them feel like shit for being like that that it's hard for them to admit and easier to blame others. If people didn't utterly obliterate their self esteem they may not be so reluctant to admit it's their own fault.

Signature done by Eis

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I eat about the same thing for dinner as she does, but the stairs on my campus keep my weight pretty consistent.

It's lack of exercise in conjunction with bad eating that lead to fatso-dom.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Epigenetics

They are also responsible for homosexuality. You cannot just assume to know everything about them. Always give them benefit of the doubt.

Deleted
    When I got depressed after my first Afghanistan tour, I ballooned to 21 stone. I got back to a decent weight by a good diet mostly and moderate excersize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, someone that thinks they know everything about what another person is going through.

I do not understand why many people do many things. That is life. Until you know exactly what someone else is going through, stfu and mind your own business.

We have established individual differences as scientific fact, yet some people still just do not get it.

You are clueless OP. You think that you are exactly the way that you are by choice. That directly goes against just about everything that I have learned in my life. Pop a different brain in or change your life experiences and you would be totally different despite your illusion of control.

Yes, many of us are fat via our life choices, but there are many variables involved.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-03-07 at 03:08 AM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Until you know exactly what someone else is going through, stfu and mind your own business.
    From the sounds of the OP, probably two boxes of Twinkies an hour.

I am fat. I own it. I don't blame anyone; I sit on my ass all day, and I eat a lot. I could choose to exercise, eat better, and lose weight, but I don't. Simple as that. It's my fault.

I suppose it could be heredity for others, but for me personally, that's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was a fat person (not obese, but I was overweight) who blamed genetics, when I was like 14, after that i realized I was just lazy and liked food too much. When I was 18 I stopped being lazy, stopped eating so damn much, and started only drinking water and tea. I dropped 65lbs from 230 to 165, I'm 22 now, still weigh 165.

And the thyroid thing actually making enough of a difference to make people overweight by itself is absurd. I am hypothyroid (the one that slows metabolism), was on medication for it for 3 years(14-17), didn't do a god damn thing, so I stopped taking it. When I started working out and eating better I lost weight like crazy.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2013-03-07 at 03:06 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I weigh 260lbs. I got this way because I like cake, crap food and play a lot of computer games. All my own choices - And I plan to never lay the blame on anything else other than my own inability to say no to food.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I dunno. I eat about the same thing for dinner as she does, but the stairs on my campus keep my weight pretty consistent.

It's lack of exercise in conjunction with bad eating that lead to fatso-dom.
    Thats what i saw her ate. the fat girl im talking about is my friends sister (his pretty big too but his not fat because he plays sports)

He once told me she eats a whole chicken, 6 bread rolls, lasagna and chips and like 24 chicken nuggets in one sitting
    And everytime i come over there to eat with their family there is so much food and she eats half of it while the rest of us eat the other half.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 03:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Oh look, someone that thinks they know everything about what another person is going through.

I do not understand why many people do many things. That is life. Until you know exactly what someone else is going through, stfu and mind your own business.

We have established individual differences as scientific fact, yet some people still just do not get it.

You are clueless OP. You think that you are exactly the way that you are by choice. That directly goes against just about everything that I have learned in my life. Pop a different brain in or change your life experiences and you would be totally different despite your illusion of control.
    HAHAHAHA i can say what i want.
    if you dont like it then u can go away and not post in my thread.

and btw i am the way i am by choice.
    when i was in my teens i was about 65kilos then when i got to 20 - 23 i gained alot of weight due to eating what i wanted
    got to about 85kilos.
    i realized i didnt wanna let my self go so i stopped eating what i wanted and started excercising.
    i did not blame anybody else for my weight gain.
    Stop giving them excuses, they are fat because they eat too much and are lazy.

watch this, some of the things he covers sort of relate to your topic

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Thats what i saw her ate. the fat girl im talking about [...]
    You do realize that you're talking about one specific example and extrapolating that to a large amount of people, right? That's as fair as saying that all women are promiscuous because "I know this one woman...". Do people like to use scapegoats? Sure, but that doesn't mean that everyone does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Thats what i saw her ate. the fat girl im talking about is my friends sister (his pretty big too but his not fat because he plays sports)

He once told me she eats a whole chicken, 6 bread rolls, lasagna and chips and like 24 chicken nuggets in one sitting
    And everytime i come over there to eat with their family there is so much food and she eats half of it while the rest of us eat the other half.
    And I'll bet she doesn't get any real exercise either.

My dinner tonight was two chicken sandwiches, a slice of pizza, two pieces of garlic bread, chips and a pint of ice cream (yay college). But I walk up and down about 15-20 flights of stairs over the course of the day.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    And I'll bet she doesn't get any real exercise either.

My dinner tonight was two chicken sandwiches, a slice of pizza, two pieces of garlic bread, chips and a pint of ice cream (yay college). But I walk up and down about 15-20 flights of stairs over the course of the day.
    Eating all that and walking 15-20 flights of stairs a day isn't going to burn the calories. Not even close. lol.

there are ppl who get fat easily and ppl who never get fat ( me ) and if u get fat easily that just means u will want more food and with more food u will get even more fat and will eat ever more...