Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    You do realize that you're talking about one specific example and extrapolating that to a large amount of people, right? That's as fair as saying that all women are promiscuous because "I know this one woman...". Do people like to use scapegoats? Sure, but that doesn't mean that everyone does.
    How about the countless stories of fat people sueing mcdonalds because they are fat?
    or about that family in the uk who dont work because they are fat and blame it on genetics and want more money from the government?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ot-enough.html

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    How about the countless stories of fat people sueing mcdonalds because they are fat?
    And they are in the wrong.

or about that family in the uk who dont work because they are fat and blame it on genetics and want more money from the government?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ot-enough.html
    That's a very specific case, and they are also in the wrong. I still maintain that there are far more people that own being fat as opposed to blaming other things.

Some people in here already gave you "excuses" and they're perfectly legitimate. Fact of the matter is, you cannot assume to know how the other person lives his/her life personally, so you are in no place to judge. You can say what you want sure, but you don't have the right to proclaim something you assume as factual.

For instance, she eats that much because at this point her body cannot survive without that bulk amount. To lost weight, she has to exercise progressively as she loses weight, increasing the amount of exercise as she loses weight. With the amount of weight she has now, as you mentioned, she is in no position to start. Unless someone dedicated enough helps her through it. So unless if you're that angel, don't try to be a bully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Eating all that and walking 15-20 flights of stairs a day isn't going to burn the calories. Not even close. lol.
    I was really hungry tonight lol. Normally, I'd just eat one sandwich and maybe a slice of pizza. There are days where all I'll have for dinner is a Lunchable. Without the cookies.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-03-07 at 03:21 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Lareeyon View Post
    Some people in here already gave you "excuses" and they're perfectly legitimate. Fact of the matter is, you cannot assume to know how the other person lives his/her life personally, so you are in no place to judge. You can say what you want sure, but you don't have the right to proclaim something you assume as factual.

For instance, she eats that much because at this point her body cannot survive without that bulk amount. To lost weight, she has to exercise progressively as she loses weight, increasing the amount of exercise as she loses weight. With the amount of weight she has now, as you mentioned, she is in no position to start. Unless someone dedicated enough helps her through it. So unless if you're that angel, don't try to be a bully.
    Oh ok, i didnt know you needed to eat one whole pizza one garlic bread and 10 chicken wings with a 2litre coke in one sitting to survive..

10+ Year Old Account
    So i know this fat person and she is really fat
    So fat to the point she cant walk without having pains in her knee.

But when people ask her to lose weight she says she cant lose weight and shes fat because its in her genes.

When i heard that i was just thinking.
    "oh its your genes making you fat is it? it's not the 2 bacon and egg sandwiches and 3 hashbrowns and sausages you had for breakfast, or the whole pizza, garlic bread and 10 chicken wings and 2litre coke you had for dinner?

seriously people need to own up to their actions.
    If i wanted to be fat i could, i could eat anything i want and get fat but i choose not to.
    Eating is like a luxury, especially eating food that taste good.
    So sometimes people need to sacrafice some food to lose weight..

Do you know a fat person who blames others or genes for their weight?
    Or are you a fat person who blames others?
    Depends on the person.

When I was fatter than I am now I blamed myself, and still do of course, though I am at most only slightly overweight now (~200 lbs and 5'11"). To be honest, sometimes it is a hard thing to notice that you got fat. Sounds like just something to say, until it happens to you. I got up to ~255 lbs and didn't really notice that I got that big until I saw myself in a picture one day. I went "HOLY CRAP! What happened?!" I worked at Krispy Kreme at the time, and we could take pretty much as many free donuts as we wanted. I LOVE donuts, especially when I could make them myself and customize them however I wanted. But I found out it does have side effects. My teenage metabolism had ended when I wasn't paying attention. So I started being more conscious of what I ate and essentially just poofed off like 70 lbs. No extra exercise or anything. Then I gained some back a few years later when my wife got pregnant. Got up to 240 lbs. Again, did the same thing. Got back down to 200 lbs. I have yo-yo'd a bit, but maintain a pretty steady 200. I COULD go lower, get back to maybe like 185 lbs again, I wouldn't mind, but I cbato worry about an exercise regimen with full-time work, wife, kids, and as close to full time school as I can manage. Maybe someday.

My mom, on the other hand, gained a lot of weight when the doctor switched her meds around. Otherwise she was not exactly "skinny", but healthy. She gets so upset about it, but her health is declining (mentally more that physically, but that is too, just not weight related) so she can't really do a lot in the way of exercising.

My sister blames everyone and everything ELSE for all her problems; from stubbing her toe to her extreme weight. She just can't take the blame for anything.

TL;DR Everyone is different. Surprise!
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

15+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really a good excuse for being fat, unless of course you are that 1% who really suffer from some genetic condition. I spend at least 10 hours a day in front of PC, but keeping myself up with gym 3-4 times a week and damn do I look good for someone playing so much.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Some people like playing the blame game and don't take responsibility. Also I'm at 250lbs myself down from 285 last year but I've been staying at this weight for a bit and I don't blame anyone other then myself haha and I also am happy with the weight as I can still do good with weights and hold my own in cardio plus my healthy weight is 200-210 so I'm fine where I am But you're always going to get people who complain about things in their control like for example someone bitching about their boss that they're lazy or something when in fact they are not.
    Sure 210 is a healthy weight, if you're 6'8" tall

I am 6'0 and 150, but I don't even look twiggy

I look a bit more built than this http://oi50.tinypic.com/2d8jtld.jpg

Shifting blame from yourself to something else isn't special to overweight people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post

Are you Zac Effron?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post

Define "healthy" for me then? And please, PLEASE don't use the useless BMI.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

I've gotten kinda fat at my new job and it's fucking me off now. Pissed off every day because of it.

But, I accept it's my fault for being a lazy shit since July, and it's up to me to fix it.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Because they are weak and pathetic people

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

But when people ask her to lose weight she says she cant lose weight and shes fat because its in her genes.

"oh its your genes making you fat is it? it's not the 2 bacon and egg sandwiches and 3 hashbrowns and sausages you had for breakfast, or the whole pizza, garlic bread and 10 chicken wings and 2litre coke you had for dinner?

If i wanted to be fat i could, i could eat anything i want and get fat but i choose not to.

Why do you generalize and think all fat people are irresponsible sloths?

No, I don't know any such people. No-one blames anything except their own habits.

How many times have any of you guys said no to delicious food because its too fattening or its bad for you?
    Or how many times have you eaten a little bit then stopped because you know you are full and any more will just go to your waistline?

well a fat person doesnt have that shame they just eat whatever they want and stuff themselves and go on to blame everyone else.
    or think they can just have lapband surgery to make them skinny again
    We need to shame these fat people that will make them lose weight not make excuses for them and give them surgery to make them skinny.. if they cant give up eating that much then they should be shamed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Define "healthy" for me then? And please, PLEASE don't use the useless BMI.
    Less than 20% body fat

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others said:

I am fat. (not telling you how much, but I am rather fat), and I only blame myself. I love to eat (mostly the bad stuff), I don't exercise, and I'm lazy. However, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, I don't drink alcoholics. So let me eat like pig, thank you!

And it is all my very own fault. I know I could and should change it, but hey.. nobody's perfect.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

10+ Year Old Account

Im fat and I have no motivation or care to lose weight. Don't just lump us all into one group because of one chick.

Why do all skinny people think all fat people behave/think the same way?

Taking responsibility and working at changing something is difficult. Blaming others or handwaving at forces beyond one's control is easy.

That aside, there are fit, responsible fat people. Generalizing isn't a great plan.