[Balance] Stat priorities and breakpoints in 5.2

Hey everyone,

As title hints, what are the stat priorities in 5.2? And Haste breakpoints we should aim for?

Assuming SotF + HotW build and Incarnation + NV build.

Thanks!

Nothing regarding them has changed. Go with the old priorities from 5.1.

Deleted
    That's true until higher gear levels where there's still a bit of debate if it's worth hitting the 10296 breakpoint or not. Don't need to worry about that for a while, though!

Deleted
    As Tecton said, just go for the same stats as in 5.1 and when ur getting ur hands on some more T15H parts, then go for 10296 breakpoint i would say!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would advocate sticking with full crit, and only ever think about going for the haste breakpoint if, by some weird magical haste gearing, you're within 1k haste of the 10289 breakpoint (10296 is the GCD cap). Otherwise, the additional crit should be worth more on a multiple target fight than the breakpoint.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't haste get a little more valuable if you're using RPPM trinkets though?

My understanding is that haste can help smooth out the gaps inbetween waiting for procs if a trinket is using RPPM and not the traditional ICD model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Doesn't haste get a little more valuable if you're using RPPM trinkets though?

My understanding is that haste can help smooth out the gaps inbetween waiting for procs if a trinket is using RPPM and not the traditional ICD model.
    Haste absolutely affects the realPPM on a trinket, but it's only a slight increase. Breath of the Hydra is quite a random trinket when Cyous and I were testing it last night, and haste may make it a bit more stable, but nothing terribly noticeable unless you increased your haste by 50% or something. For example, adding 1k haste increases the uptime of the Sinister meta from 40.6% to 41.6%. It definitely increases, but not too much.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

A shame though, was hoping a haste playstyle might make a comeback this patch. I really miss the rapid casting sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

A shame though, was hoping a haste playstyle might make a comeback this patch. I really miss the rapid casting sometimes.
    Hopefully with 40%+ uptime on the legendary gem it'll still feel like we're rapidly casting, with it having such a high uptime that is what has devalued haste.

Long and short of it, 60% of the time we'll be casting slightly faster than we are now (with more unavoidable haste) and 40% + (when gem procs) it'll feel like we're playing a haste build anyway (only with free crit!)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee