Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Luke [Hammil] and Solo [Ford] are supposedly returning as well.

http://m.craveonline.com/film/articl...rs-episode-vii

10+ Year Old Account
    http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_ne...-new-star-wars

Yup, just as Fencers said. All 3 are coming back!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark Hamill said a few weeks ago that he, Ford and Fisher (not Fusher) were in talks about it but that they weren't confirmed yet. Fisher is the first to directly state that she was going to be in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Fisher (not Fusher)
    lol was waitin g on someody to catch that damn piss poor typing.

I am glad they got the trio back for the movie but man are they OLD!!!!!! Harrison is prolly the only ont that can pull off a aged look but hamill and "Fisher"(got it right this time lol) have too much of a post Yuuzhan Vong look to them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Stephen Fry can do no wrong
    ...is probably the line you've written that I most agree with.

Books, documentaries, interviews, narration. Lovely output and always a joy to experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgS6YSGvFCw for the wait until an official reunion
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2013-03-08 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

I am glad they got the trio back for the movie but man are they OLD!!!!!! Harrison is prolly the only ont that can pull off a aged look but hamill and "Fisher"(got it right this time lol) have too much of a post Yuuzhan Vong look to them
    I noticed it immediately, but didn't want to be the "spelling police".

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

based on that info, looks like we'll at least have a good idea when the timeline is set. I have noticed a distinct lack of recent books coming out that extend the ...extrended universe, so I guess we can assume that they are going to continue in movies where they left off in the books? It would definitely be interesting to see all 3 have their swan songs and go out fighting and how the extended universe will continue without those 3 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    GL says he's written it all already.

inb4 sand.
    All GL wrote was a timeline everything in between will be written by the new screen writer

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    they will be old
    master skywalker as leader of the jedi order
    general solo as commander of a mon calamari cruiser with an eyepatch
    and Supreme Chancellor Organa Solo

they will be in the film, but they wont be the main characters anymore and will probably die.
    Basically this. Most likely the story will revolve around the 2nd generation of Jedi kids (solo or skywalker kids...well grownups by the time of the movie). I don't see any reason they all need to die, but maybe one of the big 3 dies to add some drama to the story.

---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darkjuggalo2000 View Post
    All GL wrote was a timeline everything in between will be written by the new screen writer
    Also this ^. Even Disney hasn't completely settled on a story yet.

from the rumors ive heard and things unofficailly written i think ep7 was supposed to take place about 15-20 years after rofj - where in luke has started rebuilding the jedi order, han and leia have had 2-3 kids, all of which are force users and being taught at the new jedi temple, not all the jedi had perished from order 66 - some had survived and went into hiding as did kenobi and yoda, leia is an ambassador, and the republic is starting to fall apart with internal conflicts etc - but dont quote me....:-0

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No. That would be a terrible idea. They are really, really old. Not that being old is bad, but it's bad for selling beyond already SW fans.
    Um, because the cgi used in Tron was just so, so terrible.....

Not really, Tron was 90% there IMO, as far as Clu is concerned, and in 3D was even less noticeable.

Now I'm not saying to do a whole movie a la Clu, but bridging some arbitrary gap in the timeline is perfectly reasonable.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-03-13 at 10:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Um, because the cgi used in Tron was just so, so terrible.....

Not really, Tron was 90% there IMO, as far as Clu is concerned, and in 3D was even less noticeable.

Now I'm not saying to do a whole movie a la Clu, but bridging some arbitrary gap in the timeline is perfectly reasonable.
    Oh I'm sure JJ will make anything turn to gold, but using those actors as the main characters would be an awful idea. It would alienate a lot of the potential new fans which is where all the money is. Us 'older' fans will go see it regardless, so they will have to make it current.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    they will be old
    master skywalker as leader of the jedi order
    general solo as commander of a mon calamari cruiser with an eyepatch
    and Supreme Chancellor Organa Solo

they will be in the film, but they wont be the main characters anymore and will probably die.
    If they remain true to the current story line, it will depend on where they place the story in the big scheme of things.

If they are smart. They will remain true, and put the storyline after the current story lines. There have been a lack of a lot of books lately, thus they may be in preparation for a movie or 3.

If It was Hamill, Ford, and Fisher, and well anyone associated with the movie, I'd be hiring them personal trainers, medical staff, etc... to get there asses into shape to be able to be badass in the movie because they are still badass still are in the books.

It could also very well be that one or all 3 of them die, and the legend gets handed down to Anakin and Jaina. And if that is the case, I'd definitely want to see some solid characters casts of both of them as well as Vestara Kai and Tahiri