What is the reasoning and logic behind actions of some "friends"?

I'm talking about the kind of "friends" that start out as any other friends, but eventually turn into parasitic insects that attempt to suck the life out of you. The kind of friend that only contacts you when they need a favor or some **** like that, never call you to ask what's up etc, and then get pissed off when you dump them in the trash bin. If they want to be narcissistic parasites, they should at least put some effort into their "friendships", otherwise they get cut off pretty damn quick unless they manage to befriend a complete pushover. Are they really that dumb that they can't think beyond constantly asking someone for favors?

15+ Year Old Account
    Aw, I'm sorry if anything like that happened to you recently (or at all).

Those... Are, well let's call them egocentric douchebags who think "friends" are there to do whatever they want them to do. These kind of people feel like they're better than everyone else and hope there're people around who they can treat like slaves. If then these "friends" unfriend them, they go crazy like "I treated you perfectly (for a slave) and you won't ever get as good a friend as me *rage*"... Yep, egocentric parasitic douchebags.

Deleted
    Kill them with fire. Or stop talking to them.

People that constantly have problems with their friends aren't very good at picking friends. Time for some introspection.

Some people just are nice to get things done from other people, just try to be nice but not give them anything and if they decide to fuck off then you know enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just talk with others to have something to do, also sometimes is not that they want to be a parasite but they are nice with everybody and that makes others think that they are friends but actually that person does not think of the other as a friend but... as someone to spent some time with or coworker/classmate/etc...

Deleted
    There's a saying that goes "while i worry about my enemies, may god protect me from my friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I'm talking about the kind of "friends" that start out as any other friends, but eventually turn into parasitic insects that attempt to suck the life out of you. The kind of friend that only contacts you when they need a favor or some **** like that, never call you to ask what's up etc, and then get pissed off when you dump them in the trash bin. If they want to be narcissistic parasites, they should at least put some effort into their "friendships", otherwise they get cut off pretty damn quick unless they manage to befriend a complete pushover. Are they really that dumb that they can't think beyond constantly asking someone for favors?
    Not beeing offensive, just showing up a possibility:
    Maybe they are doing things for you as well and you just dont notice that or have no need for? Because thne in their eyes you are the egocentric dude that just does a favor when getting one in return.

Different people do observe the same situation different.

I've never experienced this.

Maybe it's not just a problem with the friends you pick but also a problem with how you choose your friends.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Yep, it's like a guild bringing in everyone they can compared to only bringing in quality people. And it's just not friends that do this either. I find family or co-workers can be just as bad.

Just remember though you do have some control over it though. Start to use the word "No".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    eh to me, that sounds like a bit touchy feely thinking? Don't bash me yet, hear me out please.
    I kept in contact with some of my high school class mates, we used to go to parties, then later on clubs, go out for drinks, vacations stuff like that.
    But things changed, cause some got married, some remained in the home town we were born in. I don't get upset if they call me just to ask for favors, loan money or w/e as they don't if I do. I mean, as far as I know chicks want more communication out of their friends, like calling themselves to ask whatever it is they talk about (fashion? I have no clue). From time to time (whenever there's time as it's harder for everyone to be in 1 place) we gather for drinks and stuff, go clubbing, it's not as often as back then because there's not enough time anymore.
    That's just how I see things, however I can see your POV if say you haven't seen/heard a dude in 3 years and he suddenly calls to ask for some big favor, I agree that kinda sucks. Still, if it's reasonable and easy enough for me to do, I'll prolly do it cause usually I don't mind helping people.

TLDR: I usually call my friends either to go out, party, have drinks, hang out or if I need something from them. They do the same. Most of them helped me in a not so happy period in my life, to which I'm grateful .

Get better friends, this doesn't happen to me.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.