Deleted

[PvP] Mages are stronger than ever

So basically I got into a 5 seconds deep freeze with 100% life. I have 70% resilience. I died.

Discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you that it is completely impossible with the tiniest possibility that you got hit by a mage who had two trinket procs, weapon enchant, tailoring buff, engineering buff, food buff and then Frozen Orb, Frost Bomb, two Frostbolts and one Ice Lance and even then it is highly unlikely at 70% resilience.

Plus if you got hit by all that in a 1v1 situation and had no defensive abilities to use then sorry, it is not the mages fault.

Also, Deep Freeze either triggers a GCD or lasts 4 seconds without the GCD.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-03-08 at 02:11 PM.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logs or it didnt happen.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Deleted
    I guess if a mage survives long enough, his opponent might run out of defensive cooldowns at some point.

This deep freeze nuke can be repeated like what... every 30 sec? Every deep freeze forces some major defensive CD or a trinket.

Well, I'm happy if the story is true... my mage is at 77 now

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep Freeze can be repeated every 30 seconds, but all offensive cooldowns can't.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Ah yes, I forgot that Fire and Arcane had Deep Freeze plus some hidden massive dps boost in 1v1.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    So basically I got into a 5 seconds deep freeze with 100% life. I have 70% resilience. I died.

Discuss.
    Odd...this doesn't look like the Battle.net forums, but yet here we have Battle.net quality trolling...

Fascinating.

Infracted. Calling people trolls is against the rules.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-03-08 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    I doubt that anyone has EVER played Arcane in PVP in MoP. It used to be cranky in Cata, I did so many BG achievements with BiS-PVE gear and full nuke haha, was so much fun. But in MoP there is no way you can succeed in playing Arcane in PVP lol.

Frost hasn't been buffed either... except only Ice Lance's buff. How many Frostbolts do mages cast in arena anyway? So basically the creator of this thread is simply QQing. As explained already, Deep Freeze is on the GCD etc and it's cd can't be really aligned every time with Frozen Orb or Icy Veins... so you can keep QQing whole day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post

Discuss.
    And do you know that wow pvp is all blanced around 3v3 and no 1v1 ? If you let mage burst youn like this you deserve get own hard.

Deleted
    I love fighting mages as windwalker. Their insane arsenal of CC is almost useless.

Then you must have been fighting some pretty bad makes Mr wind walker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Then you must have been fighting some pretty bad makes Mr wind walker
    If that what you say is true, then I think you just said most mages are idiots.

Between 4 gap closers (2 rolls, flying serpent kick, ranged paralysis, 3 sec root effect on spinning fire blossom), 2 root breakers and 2 pvp trinkets, it's extremely difficult to catch a monk in a frost nova, let alone a deep freeze.

When I played my dk back in cata, coming 1v1 with a mage was a lost cause, he would just IB my AMS and then I was his bitch, but as monk it's veeeeery different. Though it may very well be that a skilled frost mage CAN beat me and I just haven't met any.
    Last edited by mmoc9bc82a73a5; 2013-03-09 at 08:36 AM.

Take my statement with a grain of salt, I'm not a good pvper but I do watch them mages sometimes and they are good. However there hasn't been anyone doing much mage vs monk on their channels. With this patch however, we should start seeing it as the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    I love fighting mages as windwalker. Their insane arsenal of CC is almost useless.
    WW Monks are crazy 1v1. OT: Getting caught in a deep freeze is supposed to be an "oh shit" moment.
    Last edited by The Small Hours; 2013-03-11 at 01:27 PM.