Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    Hey mayor of Mooch city, i love the services you provide, but the murderers you keep sending over are a pain in the arse x)
    /whistle was looking to try the Dr Vu tower, needed criminals at large to unlock.

On another map I Afk'd for about 2 hours whilst I cooked and ate. Came back ready to expand. Everything's burnt down. Bankrupt. I may have murderers but they're better than arsonists :-D

Is it just me or do some factories seem to send their product to the *newest* trade depot rather than the *closest*? I had 3 processor factories close to my trade depot with train+ship that were delivering 12000 processors per day. I had a 4th processor factory a bit further away so built another trade depot with just a train connection, now this trade depot takes 12k tv's per day and the other one only takes 5k per day. Seems like some of my delivery trucks are travelling to the depot furthest from them.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish there was an undo button where you could undo the last 5~ tasks you did. I have terrible OCD and if my city don't look right it makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Deleted
    I spent 10 minutes trying to get a curve the same as a mirror one on the other side of a junction....

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleygurgeh View Post
    I spent 10 minutes trying to get a curve the same as a mirror one on the other side of a junction....
    Just spent my whole 50k trying to get a starter road off the highway but it wouldn't do what I wanted so I have to start again D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    AI in this game is such a fail. Recyclable bin pickup suddenly went down by like 50% just because trucks instead of going to residential areas where houses stand full of recyclable garbage are going in circles around my mining and coal industry where there's no recyclable bins at all, then going back to Recycling Center. I didn't change any roads and such, so there's no excuse.
    Another way to help the pathetic AI actually "cope," with the game it was made for, may be to actually exit and restart the game. From the way it was described to me, the AI may literally be getting "stuck," and restarting the game can get it working again.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

just logged onto my city on Aikos region, and jesus, 150k population with only GREEN traffic density, i'll check again when another hour or two passes in game, see if its the same.. as its coming upto "peak" traffic times (4-7)

Only goes maximum of red at the entrance to my city, and nowhere else gets anything over a lightish yellow... now my populations slowly increasing
    Last edited by r3d3mpt10n; 2013-03-15 at 02:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Well, there we go, modders reverse engineered the code of the game to allow offline play.

https://pay.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...online_forced/

Didn't take nearly as long as I expected.

Also an interesting tidbit:
    "Looking at the JS code posted on GitHub (not linked here since possible copyright infringement), it certainly looks like confirmed the forced disconnect is totally implemented in Javascript and is client sided. This is a really sloppy implementation of always online "DRM".

This is indicative that offline support was hastily removed late during the development cycle. Possible EA/Maxis debate/internal conflicts?"
    I looked into that myself to learn more about it.

Seems it was more of flipping a switch than hacking the game because saves are stored on your PC and uploaded to origin every time u log in to play and it was discovered that when you DC from the server the game allows you to play for 20min until you're booted (if you dont reconnect) which suggests that it was suppose to have an offline mode.

The mod removes that 20min limitation and removes the "online city edit mode" limitations to allow you to play in a more realistic world to build in.

But EA just released a patch as well, idk what it contains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    But EA just released a patch as well, idk what it contains.
    I would expect that a priority for EA Maxis will be too patch any cracks in their DRM and online-only wall that the community reveals. So I suspect that obvious "yes we're lying" signs like GetFudgedPopulation will have its name changed soon and ways to play offline will be disabled as we reveal them.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 10:46 AM ----------

Found a very interesting article at Ars Technica today. You can actually follow them in discovering what the game is, and isn't. Appears I'm not the only one realizing just how shallow this game is.

SimCity review: One week later, time doesn’t heal all wounds

“I wanted to love this game”

Kyle: Reading this over just now, it’s pretty clear we’re in agreement on the current state of the new SimCity: some nice ideas, a few of which are even implemented well, but overall a case of too much promise and too little delivery. It might be worth revisiting the game when EA has inevitably had the chance to patch and DLC the hell out of it, but for now, it’s a hard game to recommend.

Peter: More than anything else, I wanted to love this game. I have loved SimCitys past, and I love the SimCity idea. But I do not love this game. I like specializations, the graphics are gorgeous, there are some great little details. These are offset by glaring flaws. The game is broken in ways that are important to me. I hope that, as with Diablo III—another game with a disastrous launch—EA/Maxis can patch the game to fix the things that have gone so wrong. They've made some promising noises. But I'm not holding my breath.

The Good
    • Beautiful, detailed, smooth zooming graphics that bring the cities to life
    • Effective at-a-glance statistical mapping and visualizations
    • Specializations add some interesting "end game" options
    • Multiplayer without Dropbox hacks
    The Bad
    • Extremely limited transportation options
    • Major traffic and sim-level simulation glitches
    • Contradictory and confusing problem alert system
    • Tiny city size limits building options
    • Lack of graphing over time for many key statistics
    The Ugly
    • Having problems logging into servers nine days after launch
    • Not being able to play when offline
    • No real savegames, making experimentation a costly, dangerous affair
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-03-15 at 03:47 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All day I make a city and then it's unable to be processed and need to be rolled back. Made a new one and the same thing happens.. third city now and the other two are still rolling back, it's been 3-4 hours >_<

I've started a new region, it seems some people on the other region i created decided to abandon their cities, leaving a few of us getting services from them screwed

It's private again, so invite only, give me a poke on Sims/Origin for an invite.

Details are on the regional page aswell.

Deleted
    gah! my delivery trucks suck! my trade depot has been full for a few days now (real days) and my trucks keep taking the ore, but leaving the expensive things like alloy and metal behind! i need them to export it! im trying to get to 500k then im restarting my city!

if you're going for a FULL restart, you'll need a bit more than 500k to get everything you probably need lol.. i had just over 1m, and still nearly went bankrupt.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    I've started a new region, it seems some people on the other region i created decided to abandon their cities, leaving a few of us getting services from them screwed

It's private again, so invite only, give me a poke on Sims/Origin for an invite.

Details are on the regional page aswell.
    Yeah sorry about that. Last night I screwed up bad and pressed abandon hoping I could reclaim it as a fresh plot but with it being invite only I got removed from the region straight away.

Thats np, you werent the only one btw, but either way theres a new region up for people to join if they want to.

Deleted
    if you're going for a FULL restart, you'll need a bit more than 500k to get everything you probably need lol.. i had just over 1m, and still nearly went bankrupt.

well, ill be keeping my recycling centres, my mines and trade depots and smelting factory. most of the stuff i need to redo is roads and zoning. i could get more money but my traffic is crippling my trades. i mine a lot of ores and recycle a lot, but i cant sell the alloys/metal/plastic quick enough

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats np, you werent the only one btw, but either way theres a new region up for people to join if they want to.
    Yeah toss me an invite, I won't abandon this one! Been messing around a lot today. ID Is Hulari still

10+ Year Old Account
    EU West 6 not working again? Loading failed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the moronic pathing may soon be resolved.

SimCity traffic problems being fixed, says Maxis.

Now how they could have possibly missed this during "testing" before launch is beyond me, but at least they are copying what their community told them to do to fix it.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-03-15 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    but at least they are copying what their community is told them to do to fix it.
    Which is significantly better than what some other companies do these days.