Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

3 talon rake stacks on ji-kun, question on it

I was browsing through some logs of Ji-Kun kills for brewmasters and noticed he's taking 3 stacks before the other tank is taunting. It's 17% weapon damage and takes 50% more damage from Talon Rake for 1min. Isn't this way too much or am I getting some confused here?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...lon+Rake%22%29

And is there any way to see what externals he could be getting or what he's popping via WOL for Talon Rakes or am I just misjudging how strong the debuff is stacked 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    I was browsing through some logs of Ji-Kun kills for brewmasters and noticed he's taking 3 stacks before the other tank is taunting. It's 17% weapon damage and takes 50% more damage from Talon Rake for 1min. Isn't this way too much or am I getting some confused here?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...lon+Rake%22%29

And is there any way to see what externals he could be getting or what he's popping via WOL for Talon Rakes or am I just misjudging how strong the debuff is stacked 3 times.
    Ah, no wonder he beat me (by like 2k, *grumble*).

You can see what externals he's getting by adding a sequence of expressions to the editor:

OR spell = "Ironbark" AND targetName = "Fiddyy"
    OR spell = "Hand of Sacrifice" AND targetName = "Fiddyy"
    etc. for all the various outside cooldowns (pain suppression, safeguard, avert harm, disc barrier, smoke bomb, spirit link totem, um ... I think those are it).

He also has a healthy amount of mastery for about 10% more mitigation than what most BrMs run. Other than that, it's really not that painful overall - here's how much damage I was taking (we taunted at 2): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/dqoal...D+%22Daught%22

0 (yay guard)
    353478 (whoops, missed cds on the 2nd rake)

One specific instance where monk tanks are pretty awesome as our mastery naturally reduces incoming damage vs other specs who have to manually hit cds (0.7 second timing window is pretty brutal).
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-03-09 at 01:21 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I would have

spell in ("Provoke","Reckoning") and targetName=("Ji-Kun") or spell in ("Talon Rake") OR spell = "Ironbark" AND targetName = "Fiddyy"

in the expression editor to see what externals if was getting. But I tried that and it just lists it at the bottom and doesn't really show which Talon Rakes he's getting them for or am I reading it wrong?

I was lucky this week to get this guy down and We ran 2 BrMs and taunted at 2. And about Lucky I got the Heroic Belt from BMAH and also got Tanking trinket and back of him too, lol

Timing wise, 3 is perfect. One debuff falls off as the other is applied. We ran myself, and an alt monk and we had zero issues.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    For monks we will need externals for 3 talon rakes then wouldn't we?

Guard should be up for every one of them I'd assume. Then Guard+DH, or Guard+FB, etc.

I found that Talon Rakes come about every 25s watching my debuff

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    So I would have

spell in ("Provoke","Reckoning") and targetName=("Ji-Kun") or spell in ("Talon Rake") OR spell = "Ironbark" AND targetName = "Fiddyy"

in the expression editor to see what externals if was getting. But I tried that and it just lists it at the bottom and doesn't really show which Talon Rakes he's getting them for or am I reading it wrong?
    You're doing it correctly. Fiddyy didn't get any outside cooldowns that I saw until after his Ji-Kun kill (which is why they're at the bottom, and you're looking at the full report instead of the kill.)

Deleted
    is this 25 man only? because i dont remember getting 3 debuff on 10man
    rendering video will post it in the video section..but tank pov is boring on this fight

edit: i got a 3rd debuff once because i managed to stay in range of the hitbox of the boss during a down draft while the other tank was not (in range). so the boss hit me instead of him, but i could have avoided it (it didnt kill me anyway)
    Last edited by mmocf747434d88; 2013-03-09 at 03:25 AM.

You can totally swap at 2 on either difficulty, it just so happens that a monk tank taking a 3rd stack is less damage than a non-monk tanking 1 stack. Plus, it's more vengeance for him to pad dps.

I was taking 5 stacks without any issues and could easily Zen Meditation a 6th when I get the timing down right. (The 6th being after 2 channels and he does a melee swing before hand so you have to wait for the cast.) Was a lot easier than I expected and I barely took any more damage than our offtank that was soaking puddles most of the attempt. The druid was more than happy to let me deal with Talon strikes to 5 stacks and then take 2 to let my debuff fall off.

Him getting railed at 2 stacks early on in the night led to some decent laughter when I started trying to take more and more just to see if it was possible.

Edit: log
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...D+%22Nozomi%22
    Last edited by DesireKT; 2013-03-11 at 07:10 AM.