Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Download a text-to-speech program, find a really long article full of words that nobody ever says in casual conversation, and have it read to you in as boring a voice as possible. I learned about this one in college.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lay on my side/stomach. My "upper" leg bent up towards me with a pillow under it, "lower" arm under my pillow. That's how I fall asleep, but I usually end up on my back or side by the time I wake-up.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    I lay on my side with a pillow between my knees, and for some reason I have to pull some of the blanket up onto the pillow, bunch it up and use it like another pillow on my pillow.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Watching a documentary usually works.

Okay, obviously I'm so tired I can't read properly.

I fall asleep in a regular lying-on-my-back style.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I burrow in my blankets. It's quite impressive.

15+ Year Old Account
    On side, one leg under cover one out, or both in depending if it's cold. But always on my right side facing the wall. Have to leave pc on too as complete silence makes it hard for me to get to sleep.

On my side. Last couple years I could only sleep on left shoulder becuase my right one hurt and then out of the blue the pain went away a couple weeks ago. But then last week I hurt my left shoulder carry a matress and now I can't sleep on that side now. I just can't fucking win this sleeping game

I always end up on my back come morning though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk why, but I ALWAYS sleep flat on my stomach, it's just so comfortable. I sometimes sleep slightly in the fetal position with my right side curled more upward than my left side, but still on my stomach. I can't sleep on my back.

I sleep with a fan ALWAYS on.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Having a fan on even during the winter. I can't sleep without a fan. I find it extremely unsettling when trying to sleep in complete silence.
    Same here. I have two floor fans in my bedroom, I only turn them on when I go to sleep, otherwise my room's just too quiet for me. Also, Trazodone helps.

Deleted
    I can't really sleep. At all. Having real big troubles falling asleep at night, which makes me really tired at work (earlier in school). I just can't find a position and my feet and or upper torso always seem to be burning hot or freezing cold. Also, my triceps area are constantly cold which annoys me when it comes in contact with my body.

Usually I just watch The big bang theory (or any other serie I've seen all episodes on) and turn off the TV and let the sound be on via my speakers, that way I visualize the episode in my head and makes it easier to just..."drift away". That sounded really bad, but you get my point!

Deleted
    Take 3 sleeping pills.Missus cuddles in and that's me gone for 12 hours.

take melatonin instead. All natural and it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its easy just take a long breath of chloroform. Works wonders. Kinda shame if this happens to you in the middle of laboratory tho.
    Or drink hot milk. Both those things makes me sleep like a little kitten.

Deleted
    My side, or on my chest.

Sometimes on my arm - but i always wake up with a mother of a dead arm.

As for all that lovey dovey shit of sleeping with your other half... How'd you deal with the inevitable tug of war for the quilt?

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    what are you going to do when your dog is dead?

sleeping sucks. easiest way for me to fall asleep is in a vehicle with lots of low-rumbly engine noise and gently shaking around. in a truck, on a plane, in a car on a rough road. that really puts me to sleep.

think i need to get a generator and sleep with that on my bed.
    Not really sure, guess we will find out when that time comes. Its not like i cant fall asleep when hes not in the room because i take plenty of naps. But at night if i lock him out of my room he will claw at the door til i open it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Having a fan on even during the winter. I can't sleep without a fan. I find it extremely unsettling when trying to sleep in complete silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by trollingisokayhere View Post
    Are we best friends? I bring fans when I travel or to firends houses when I visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I'm the exact same way. It's impossible for me to fall asleep without some kind of buzzing noise. Mainly because in complete silence, I have a really annoying ringing in my ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klora View Post
    Same here. I have two floor fans in my bedroom, I only turn them on when I go to sleep, otherwise my room's just too quiet for me. Also, Trazodone helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdler View Post
    my doc perscribed me those lol, but every time i lay down after I take them, I fall asleep, but wake up every 15 minutes with a raging erection (Apparently its a common side effect) and it has a priapism danger. So I stopped taking them.

You should all be dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2013-03-09 at 11:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    You do realize this will kill you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death
    -Fan death is a widely held belief-

Oh you guy's!

I can't fall asleep unless every light and sound sources is turned off. Even then it takes around 30-40 minutes of wiggling.

Deleted
    Fan Death aside, I personally fall asleep while listening to my mp3 player with small headphones on. Sometimes I end up entangled in the headphone cabling but none have ever broken and they usually end up on the floor.

Tv or Fan is definently the way to go. So hard to go to sleep without something to hear. Otherwise my mind just runs wild talking to itself and I can never really relax.