Thread: Disc Stats

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Disc Stats

So, since Disc is broken as fuck, do we go full Crit now?

We aren't "broken as fuck". We simply are not overpowered anymore. Do I agree with EVERY one of our nerfs? No...but that is besides the point.

To your question, mastery is going to be less valued than in 5.1 although it does still provide a benefit. I ran last nights raid as crit>mastery>haste and found it to be effective. Haste will always increase your tput, however you may find yourself not being able to sustain your mana favoring it.

Mastery/ crit are very close now. I still think mastery is better though because its a guaranteed throughput increase where crit is not

Crit increases DA and you will see a great majority of end game priests raiding with a reforge of crit over mastery.

I think with the changes a lot of it is going to become personal flavor choices.

With mastery stacking, I still had DA doing the majority of absorbs on last nights raid. SS being ahead.

Disc is far from broken though, it's still top for progression but not 50 miles ahead anymore. I would say its still ahead of other healers but not by much.

Deleted
    Well.

Killed 7 Bosses Today, Disc is broken. It also seems that atonement critheals are bugged. PW:S in the other Hand is absolutely great.

If you think disc is broken then no offense, you are doing it wrong. Disc is still fine.

Deleted
    It also seems that atonement critheals are bugged.
    I had issues with this during the beta as well, guess it's time for a bug report (or twenty).

Deleted
    Crit increases DA and you will see a great majority of end game priests raiding with a reforge of crit over mastery.
    The reason that they are reforging to mastery is because you need balanced mastery crit now and you need more crit rating than mastery rating for the breakpoint. Crit and mastery are effectively equal, but none of them should be stacked.

Disc is weak on 25man except on 1st, 2nd and 4th boss. On Tortos as I expected disc is really strong, when played correctly and the high movement does not inconvenience disc in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I had issues with this during the beta as well, guess it's time for a bug report (or twenty).

Seems hotfixed according to blizzard, but probably not till the reset =/

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 05:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc12 View Post
    The reason that they are reforging to mastery is because you need balanced mastery crit now and you need more crit rating than mastery rating for the breakpoint. Crit and mastery are effectively equal, but none of them should be stacked.

Disc is weak on 25man except on 1st, 2nd and 4th boss. On Tortos as I expected disc is really strong, when played correctly and the high movement does not inconvenience disc in the least.

I disagree with disc being weak in 25 mans right now. This is also coming from a holy advocate...

Disc is undergoing a big playstyle change, you still have SS... and DA, DA is less represented though.

However, PW:S if you ask me, should be used right now as a mini blanket after you have SS/da around, with atonment being the filler{despite the bug right now}

I know personally, in 25 mans, I have been SSing 2-3 groups, then PW:S the tanks and the healing group and my mana has been both fine, and my healing numbers have been fantastic as well.

It really reminds me of beginning of cata when disc got buffed and PW:S was king.

I had reasonable success on the first five bosses in ToT 25 as disc prioritizing maximum spirit then a balance of haste/mastery/crit. Secondary stat priority is all over the place right now because 5.2 fucked up spell priority, and until that's all clear it makes sense to go for a balanced approach as we explore the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    I had reasonable success on the first five bosses in ToT 25 as disc prioritizing maximum spirit then a balance of haste/mastery/crit. Secondary stat priority is all over the place right now because 5.2 fucked up spell priority, and until that's all clear it makes sense to go for a balanced approach as we explore the tier.
    I tried with this and had decent success, was still decently ahead of our resto sham but much closer than 5.1 (we run 10, generally 2 heal). For next raid i'm trying stat priority of mast=crit, leaving haste at whatever i have off items but not reforging out of or to it. I figure since we can use PW:S more often I can more reliably figure borrowed time into stat priority, making haste a little less valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuma8244 View Post
    I tried with this and had decent success, was still decently ahead of our resto sham but much closer than 5.1 (we run 10, generally 2 heal). For next raid i'm trying stat priority of mast=crit, leaving haste at whatever i have off items but not reforging out of or to it. I figure since we can use PW:S more often I can more reliably figure borrowed time into stat priority, making haste a little less valuable.
    I didnt think about that. We should have higher uptime on Borrowed Time, I think I should reforge out of my haste build.

Deleted
    Im up to 100% sure that Crit is the #1 Stat now.

To benefit from mastery you need to crit.
    Also the +healing from Mastery is very weak, you cant top the group anyways right now. So we now go on full Atonement style healing and it should be fine.

Whats with some priests going full on crit and reforging out of spirit for it? Is atonement that op?

Going for Mastery > Crit atm.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2013-03-07 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    A bit unrelated to the subject, does anybody know the formula for PWS in 5.2? I have an amount on the tooltip in the spellbook (@116k) and another on the icon from the spell when I cast it on me(@93k). I assumed the spellbook one is just with the old mastery, and the icon one is correct, but none of the formulas add up.

If I take the one from the unofficial patch notes, disc PWS is [ 263.8% of Spell Power + 27,393 ;] - and I assume from there the mastery is applied. But same notes mention holy PWS as [ 233.9% of Spell Power + 24,285 ] and shadow one for [ 187.1% of Spell Power + 19,428 ]. Why are there 3 different formulas for the 3 specs when the new spiritual healing doesnt affect PWS? Shouldn't the difference between the disc PWS and holy PWS be given by mastery only - why are there fixed numbers?

When I apply my spellpower to the disc formula I get 103k before mastery - then applying my mastery I get 130k result, which is nowhere close to any listed values.

If I apply the holy formula to my spellpower, without any mastery the result is @91.5k, and with mastery its @115k - so this one seems to match the tooltip numbers, and show that the disc shield atm doesn't take mastery into consideration?

If I apply the shadow formula to my sp, I get 73.2k before mastery, and 92.75k after mastery - so maybe the disc PWS uses mastery but also uses the shadow formula? If I respec to holy, my PWS is 73k on the icon and 91.5k on the spellbook tooltip.

If I take the formula from wowhead, it says (((($SP * 1.871) + 19428) * 1 * 1.25)) when I check the spiritual healing, but spiritual healing is not supposed to affect PWS? The rest of the formula seems the shadow one. It also shows a Penance modifier on PWS of 13% that I dont get?
    (Spiritual Healing is a new passive ability obtained by Discipline and Holy Priests at level 10. This ability increases the amount of healing done by Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Renew, and Prayer of Mending by 25%. For Holy and Discipline Priests, there is no decrease to the amount of healing done by those four spells.)

What happened to the old Spiritual Healing that was 15%?

When I put my spellpower in the formula, the result is @92k, which is close to what I get on the icon of PWS in game. I dont think the result is from the extra 25% assumed by wowhead, but more likely from my mastery, which is 26.7%, but then it means PWS is calculated after the shadow formula?

For general info, my sp is 28757 and my mastery is 26.7% (the absorb portion). I also tested on a mob, PWS real absorb seems to be the one from the icon (actually adding up the absorbs was more like 87k, but might have missed some partial absorb).

So, confused! Where is the truth!
    Last edited by mmoc318f6f4933; 2013-03-07 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Im up to 100% sure that Crit is the #1 Stat now.

To benefit from mastery you need to crit.
    Also the +healing from Mastery is very weak, you cant top the group anyways right now. So we now go on full Atonement style healing and it should be fine.
    To benefit from the current mastery, you need to cast any heal at all.

Spirit shell is still significant enough that mastery is better as a secondary stat.

Da is still represented just fine with a mastery build as well. PW:S Is the new DA

Disc is broken as fuck ? My god the ignorance. Disc is fine, learn to play before you whine.

ps: mastery with a more or less 2 to 1 ratio to crit.

Deleted
    Did Tortos as disc too: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=3685&e=4025 - though the constant tossing around made me consider holy.

Currently running with 26.7% absorb mastery and @13% healing one, and @13% crit.