Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Discipline trinkets?

Hey ppls

what trinkets are you goning for in this tier?

I was thinking:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=94530 and [Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn]

I've been playing around with Horridon's Last Gasp and getting some pretty massive regen out of it... 20-30% uptime and quite frequently 2-3+ stacks on the buff, which generally leaves you drowning in mana. On average it's something like 1200-1500+ mp5 (i.e., well over 2k spirit). Anyone have similar/different experiences with this thing?

theoretically speaking since rupture doesn't benefit from temporary spirit anymore, static spirit trinkets have the most regain value for disc priest.

I'll probably go with Horridon's Grasp, the Shado-pan rep one or 510 Qin Xi's. The healing/absorb procs all look useless, I'd rather just get regen and reforge for more throughput

The shado-pan one looks terribly underwhelming, compared to the other trinkets. I think I'll save my valor for other, more appealing items.

Spirits of the Sun [2/2] and the Horridon Trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    The shado-pan one looks terribly underwhelming, compared to the other trinkets. I think I'll save my valor for other, more appealing items.
    I've read it actually maths out better than Horridon's, but I hate clicking trinkets.

inscribed bag has been horrible when i tried it, the proc has no scaling at all and I didnt seem to get better than 1ppm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I've read it actually maths out better than Horridon's, but I hate clicking trinkets.
    Bind it to Penance or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    Bind it to Penance or something like that.
    Then it gets used on the pull I thought just macro'ing it SFiend as they share a cooldown, but I wouldn't have to pop them until about 50% mana

Shado-Pan trinket is basically a mana pot every 3 mins... could be useful, but not entirely sure it's worth upgrading previous tier trinkets with it. At least this time there isn't any random intellect proc trinket like Qui-Ji which always procs when you don't need it.

So if I could pic I'd probably go with double intellect with Lightning-Imbued Chalice and Horridon's Last Gasp. Mana has not really been an issue so far but I'll see next week in heroic modes.

But then again, I'll go with whatever I win, because I'm not the only healer lol... the only one I'm not so sure is the Stolen Relic of Zuldazar because I don't really want to have to watch another stack, but it might turn out to be good.

Then again, just came back to my priest, I might be totally wrong, it's just a gut feeling. Double int makes the shield better on first one and atonement stronger.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2013-03-11 at 03:51 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    That's when it was assumed to have a icd, as it looks right now Horridon's is way stronger. I'll probably be sticking with horridons+qin-xi hc 2/2 for a while, possibly replacing the latter with lightning or possibly even shado-pan's (I prefer static int), the shield trinkets seem to proc too little to be worthwhile. Still a bit upset about spirits of the sun never dropping for me:/.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-11 at 05:20 PM.

Shado pan is 300 mp5 above 2/2 normal spirits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Shado pan is 300 mp5 above 2/2 normal spirits.
    Um, no. It's slightly (~50 mp5) above norm 2/2 and below hc 2/2.

According to wowhead theory crafters it's much higher then that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    According to wowhead theory crafters it's much higher then that
    I guess I'm better at third grade math than both you and said wowhead theorycrafter, I feel so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I guess I'm better at third grade math than both you and said wowhead theorycrafter, I feel so proud.
    I see you will never change.

I might have looked at it wrong ongoing to double check later.

But, even if its 50mp5. It's still 200 more int.

While I hate managing on use trinkets, it's not hard to do if you have weak auras and a brain

Deleted
    I don't see where I claimed that spirits norm 2/2 is better than the shado-pan (just not as weak as you claim), I did claim that spirits hc 2/2 is stronger (and that's not 200 less int).

I don't have HC suns so I'm speaking of normal.

I never said that you said that. I was speaking to the people who won't take an on use just because its an on use.

Plus, I'm upgrading relic with shado pan. And praying the coin gods give me horridons.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 06:27 PM ----------

Cookie, these were the comments I am speaking of. Again, I am no math person so I cannot confirm/deny any of this but it seems credible.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94509#comments

Deleted
    Cookie, these were the comments I am speaking of. Again, I am no math person so I cannot confirm/deny any of this but it seems credible.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94509#comments
    The math is for unupgraded spirits and even incorrect for that.