Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Sorry but this is bullshit. When I was a kid we said shit was gay and there was no intended insult to homosexuals at all. I still use the term fairly often and even the gay people I know have heard me say it. Same with fag, I call my best friend fag on a daily basis many when he is being a smart ass has nothing to do with sexual preference and I think it's laughable gays get upset about it. When will you learn I do not give a shit what you have sex with I didn't ask, don't want to know, and don't care.
    I do this and I have gay friends that do it as well.
    But Louis CK puts it best.

Audio NSFW

i won't even lie, i'm a bit of an "agist" if that's a real thing... i hate teens. i hate them to the point that i doubt i will ever have a kid, because i couldn't stand to watch my child grow into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    I do this and I have gay friends that do it as well.
    But Louis CK puts it best.
    Exactly, the word does not hold the same meaning to me I'm not quite as old as Louis CK but the same thing applies

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    How is: "I hate faggots" any worse than "I hate homosexuals". By condemning the word, and not the message, you are saying that the second statement is somehow okay, or at least less bad, than the first. When its not.
    In the example you mentioned the message is the same but what about when somebody just uses faggot as a general term for gay people? They're different words, the difference being one was adapted to be a pejorative term for gay people.

I was a kid we said shit was gay all the time and there was no intended insult to homosexuals at all.
    Do you go around saying the n-word too because you mean no offense to African-americans?

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    My beef with people from Quel'Thalas isn't the fact that they're spanish, that isn't even something I consider. Its the fact that they shout at me (the MT) in spanish, /whisper me explaining the fight in spanish (Which I don't speak, and I already know the fight). Sure, a lot of players Ive met from brazil servers were god-awfully terrible, but so was I at some point, so I brush it off.

Saying "All players from Quel'Thalas SUCK" isn't racist or homophobic, just stereotypical.
    Um Spanish people are from Spain. They're also caucasian and not from Latin America. Oh and Brazillians usually speak portuguese.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i won't even lie, i'm a bit of an "agist" if that's a real thing... i hate teens. i hate them to the point that i doubt i will ever have a kid, because i couldn't stand to watch my child grow into that.
    It's fine. I hate kids under 10. I sometimes have a physical urge to punch/shove them...
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-03-10 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I am more annoyed at the rise of Political Correctness in the world. It is a very real threat to our freedom.

I am also annoyed by the lack of reasoning skills of some minorities and how they promote this Political Correctness.

For example:

If I say: "I don't like Islam" - this does not mean I am Islamaphobic same as I say: "I don't like Christianity" makes me have a phobia of Christianity. For the record, I hate all religions equally. No, I don't have to respect your religion - I merely have to tolerate it - as long as it doesn't infringe on my rights.

If I say: "I don't find Men sexually attractive" - this does not mean I am homophobic. I just am not sexually aroused by another guy - same as they may not be aroused by a woman. That said - I don't "hate" gay people. I hate "some" gay people, but generally because they did something to piss me off.

If I say: "I don't find black women sexually attractive" - this does not mean I am I am racist. It's a genetic preference. I don't usually find bald woman attractive either. I also don't "hate" black people. I hate "some" black people, but generally because they also did something to piss me off.

If I say "I don't find fat women sexually attractive" - does not mean I'm being "insensitive" - it means I'm telling you what I don't like about you.

Actually, from experience, I've never had a gay guy react funny when I told him that I wasn't interested, but a black woman called me racist and a muslim called me islamaphobic and a fat woman call me insensitive.

Political Correctness gives certain types of people an opportunity to hold society at ransom. Society is increasingly condoning this form of behaviour. It's evil and we need to remember that freedom of speech includes the freedom to say what you want - you also have the freedom to move away or ignore me, but you don't have the right to stop me saying it.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-03-10 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's fine. I hate kids under 10. I sometimes have a physical urge to punch/shove them...
    I'm an equal opportunity hater, I dislike all people regardless of race, age, sex, etc until they demonstrate I should do otherwise.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    It's evil and we need to remember that freedom of speech includes the freedom to say what you want - you also have the freedom to move away or ignore me, but you don't have the right to stop me saying it.
    People seem to forget that freedom of speech goes both ways and doesn't protect what you say from criticism.

You can say whatever you like, that is your right. But I also have the right to say that I think what you said was stupid as hell. If you think my doing so is some violation of your freedom of speech then I think you have lost the plot.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-03-10 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    People seem to forget that freedom of speech goes both ways and doesn't protect what you say from criticism.
    Now on THIS we agree.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

People have shifted away from homophobia. When did this happen? I still hear and see tons of it while gaming and browsing forums on the net.

gay people have such a victim complex

some anonymous person in a game said the word gay, better report them and hope they are banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    Do you go around saying the n-word too because you mean no offense to African-americans?
    The difference being you'd have to be over 200 years old to have grown up when nigger wasn't used derogatorily.

I see the N-word, the homophobic F-word, and general racial and sexual slurs of all sorts, along with general sexism every single day in WoW. I'm not exaggerating either. It happens at least every time I look at trade chat, 1 out of 5 battlegrounds, 1 out of 10 Dungeon finders, 1 out of 20 scenarios, and 1 out of 5 LFR's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wow encourages racism at its core. The very principle of the game is to have players hate on people on the opposing side of something just because they can.

You think a fictional concept can't encourage real life racism? If anything it makes it easier for people to be that way because the developers make it so, its like giving a alcoholic a barrel of beer, saying 'do what you like with it', and then turning away.
    Gnomes want everybody to be happy, and to blow themselves up doing experiments, but that's a small price to pay.

And actually there is quite a lot of racism in the game against gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by jonoy8 View Post
    gay people have such a victim complex

some anonymous person in a game said the word gay, better report them and hope they are banned
    I think you should read all of my posts in this thread, maybe you'll see the problem with your little stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    Heard it all the time both in high school and college, in high school it was mostly the black kids saying it too. Sure it has the racial connotations, it always will, but just like once upon a time fag used to mean a bundle of sticks meanings shift nigga got taken over. Don't have to agree with it, I think it's stupid to, but that appears to be the way things are going.

For whatever reason there is of course an inconsistency in the acceptability level between the two words.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I see the N-word, the homophobic F-word, and general racial and sexual slurs of all sorts, along with general sexism every single day in WoW. I'm not exaggerating either. It happens at least every time I look at trade chat, 1 out of 5 battlegrounds, 1 out of 10 Dungeon finders, 1 out of 20 scenarios, and 1 out of 5 LFR's.
    I do as well. I also noticed that, when I tanked on a male character, people would let me tank in dungeons no problem. Tanking on a female night elf, any DPS with a tank spec will switch specs half the time to tank instead because "they want to make sure I can actually handle it." People in dungeons will agree with me if I ask a DPS not to tank when I'm on a male toon, but when I'm playing the female toon I'm usually ignored.

I haven't heard any racist remakes on my server. Pro tip reroll on a RP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the way countries with predominantly White populations are so harshly judged in terms of racism, sexism and homophobia, when other societies/cultures/population groups get a free pass. It's as if some people think only White people can be racist/sexist/homophobic when EVIDENCE suggests this is not the case.

All of you complaining about these things in Western countries should do some research into how sexism/homophobia (especially) are so prevalent in other societies/cultures - look at the laws, cultural practises and social norms in many Middle Eastern and African countries.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.