Quick H100I question

Hey everyone got my H100I in the other day, first Self sustained water cooling device ive owned...and well I have a question

It says to plug the Fan motherboard plug in into the motherboard CPU fan socket..which I did, But when I power the rig up it gives me a error page that says CPU fan error then I have to go through the boot menu to power up, The pump and everything works fine after that. I can play for hours at perfect temps. I just want to know if im doing something wrong so I dont get that annoying error screen everytime?

Mother board is a ASUS Maximus V Formula if that sheds any light?
    Last edited by Furiex; 2013-03-09 at 11:10 PM.

Maybe motherboard has problems powering up both fans and the pump from CPU fan socket? No clue... Could try google to see if anybody else has problems with that board + h100i
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-03-09 at 11:11 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It needs 2nd power cable perhaps, not only the CPU fan socket? Just guessing here.
    Well the motherboard does have the opt CPU fan socket, Which I have tried just plugging in a fan case to but that didnt work either...

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Maybe motherboard has problems powering up both fans and the pump from CPU fan socket? No clue... Could try google to see if anybody else has problems with that board + h100i
    May have to google it, but the CPU fan socket doesnt power it, You run a power cable straight to the PSU for the power to the fans and pump. The CPU plug in should just be for the control over the pump...which i can do...So lost with this

Yeah very simple. If you attach it to CPU_fan_opt it's going to give you an error indeed but if you just move it to cpu_fan it's going to work.

This is just a "bios bug" which I had with z68-v pro G3. The 3pin you connect to your motherboard isn't important at all, the intention was just to avoid the cpu fan error that's why. It only has 1 wire which just reports the pump speed to your motherboard which is not necessary and of course doesn't effect anything if it's plugged in or not.

At this picture it should be one of these three plugs http://i.imgur.com/QH2s0Gf.jpg

Or make it yourself maybe a little bit easier by just going into the bios and open the monitor tab and put that plug on ignore and shouldn't give that error.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Yeah very simple. If you attach it to CPU_fan_opt it's going to give you an error indeed but if you just move it to cpu_fan it's going to work.

This is just a "bios bug" which I had with z68-v pro G3. The 3pin you connect to your motherboard isn't important at all, the intention was just to avoid the cpu fan error that's why. It only has 1 wire which just reports the pump speed to your motherboard which is not necessary and of course doesn't effect anything if it's plugged in or not.

At this picture it should be one of these three plugs http://i.imgur.com/QH2s0Gf.jpg

Or make it yourself maybe a little bit easier by just going into the bios and open the monitor tab and put that plug on ignore and shouldn't give that error.

Thank you! that did the trick!